The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

1. Seems serious and classy, mature even.

2. Biker outfit

Pick one.

I don’t disagree with feedback and opinions for taste and personal preference. The only thing I have strong disagreement with misinformation and BS fanaticism.

I agree KOF in NEST saga era had better clone designs even they wear uniforms. to be fair yet those designs were evolve inspiration from the designer previous works The Fallen Angels game and inspired Akira anime.

1 Like

Absolutely they were inspired by Fallen Angels (though it’s less “inspired” and more directly re-purposed in that instance since it was the same designer) and Akira.

Those outside inspirations added to the original designs and made them more interesting than just “clone of Kyo”. Hell, Kusanagi who is LITERALLY just a Kyo sprite as a clone is FAR more interesting than someone like Falke by virtue of having an actual personality (and those sweet Akira callbacks)

What are Falke’s design inspirations?

Ed. A character that is ALSO brand new. It looks lazy and boring as far as design effort goes (because it is).

Falke COULD have looked like anything and they could have called her a Bison-clone. They were NEVER bound by Ed’s design at all…except apparently their imaginations are weak.

EDIT:

Deriving from Cool and splitting the design into K’ and Krizalid separately is a perfect example of GOOD design work. The feather elements did NOT work on Cool so they dropped them and refined the look into K’ before porting over the feather elements into Krizalid to make another overwhelmingly successful and striking boss design.

Cool’s design was also further improved by creating stronger contrast between skin and hair to make K stand out even more. It gave his silver head and red hand VERY strong colors to off-set his entirely black clothes.

1 Like

Agree, Her designs is screaming Female ED all over and even the hair, While Ed is done better because he isn’t a Bison, Balrog or Abel design directly.

1 Like

Are you supposing she wear a gown dress when she rides a bike?

1 Like

In all fairness a female version of Ed is really just a better version of Ed, so at least Falke has that.

Nah, so far Ed > Falke easily

If we speak about chara design/concept/costumes

Falke got cool moves though

2 Likes

I’m supposing a “classy” character shouldn’t be riding a motorcycle because it’s counter to her design cues. Or that she favor a “classy” riding outfit when she does so. Bike leathers are not the only way to drive a motorcycle.

Think we can look forward to a female version of Cammy in the future?

All I can say is she is better than the rest of female clones(excluding Cammy) we had encountered or any future female skinny female with sharp objects.

I think it should have been work better if Capcom had invert her color palette instead that contrast to Ed like in Marvel’s Xmen 90’s in Jim lee era

They even made a huge variation in costumes even with the continuous logo of “X” and with the color pallete of yellow and blue to be dominant all over. Like Cyclops and Havok.

Comparing and looking back how boring and bland the early Xmen in the 60s

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, red hair would also have been far more striking for her instead of just another blonde.

1 Like

But then the Dictator wouldn’t have his army of Aryan super soldiers clones.

4 Likes

They should have been more playful with the color palettes and the hair instead, in visual design standpoint like how SNK does with there NEST Saga bosses and clones.

They should have a different hair style and no hat would have made it more natural

Looking back the Tall guy is kinda different yet I hope it has strong pallete

1 Like

Height: 176 cm
Weight: 54 kg
Nationality: unknown
Job: Ed’s aides

1 Like

50 shades of blonde looks good!

Summary

Falke: Yeah, I F*** animals too, D*** is D*** you know

On a serious note though, I’ve got to agree with @YagamiFire to a extent. Her CA looks really stiff and looks like something out of SF4. She could’ve easily had a design that had the same feel as the the one we have but done differently to show that she’s her OWN person not just a member of Neo-Shadaloo.

Honestly, the tall man or gorilla might’ve been better ideas because it seems that that Falke is to Ed what Effie was to Necro. Just a support character who pops in every now and then.

1 Like

Famitsu article with a couple of shots of Falke’s story mode in it.
Daemos will love Bison’s dashing portrayal in one of those.

2 Likes

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies.

We’ve hit the Discourse response limit: the new thread can be found at:

FWIW, I don’t see an ability to override this, soooo 10,000 posts (200 page count in the old system?) seems to be about the point that things will automatically lock.

5 Likes