TEKKEN 7 | Lounge

Yay doublepost

I went to a Tekken 3 anniversary tournament today. Got to top 8, then died to an Eddy on a laggy screen. Talked to the bartender / tournament organizer afterwards, they seemed interested in actually hosting T7 tournaments for us. We might get something going.

Also:

Feedback pls. Preferrably criticism. This is the game I felt was the most representative for my play overall, and while I think I played fairly well, I lost the set, so there’s clearly stuff to pick up on. A second opinion on this might be useful.

Kat still has the i13 punish, just isn’t extremely easy to do. She can OS it though.

Now to modify character select screen with every icon as Katarina.

Yoshi stuff by OYO

Been playing a bunch of Heihachi lately. He’s such a beast now. Top notch low/mid level punishment, his oki is a lot better, ss2,1 is a great QOL-change, and his new rage drive (10f CH launcher) is easily one of the best in the game along with Xiaoyu, Asuka and Steve. I also have to approach offense very differently with him compared to my other characters, which is a nice learning experience.

Sick Vid.

1 Like

was able to get this yesterday after playing honkey#1 in a long set I learned alot and it fueled my fire

3 Likes

The guy who’s usually hosting casuals here got a new apartment, and decided to fill it with the rest of us sweaty, Tekken-playing nerds. Some dudes had a high-stakes ft10 (a soda :V). I got to play a long set vs a Ling-player that’s been wrecking shop left and right recently (second best Norwegian placement at Headstomper, second place in the tourney last month). I expected to get crushed; it was pretty even. Knowing I can beat this guy in tourney is quite the confidence-boost.

Speaking of tourneys: I’m also organizing a tournament at one of the local gaming bars next week. Shit’s looking good. Lots of people showing up, and the overall level of the top 8 contenders seem very high. Some friendly trashtalk on discord has also gotten me rolled up into two more ft10s (now with even higher stakes; a round in the bar for one set, and a pizza for the other). Dis gon b fun

1 Like

apparently peru has sick tekken players, and they also still play tekken tag tournament 1. this would explain why one of their kazuya players was so sick at TXT. I found some old ttt1 matches and he was in it. This was one of the sickest kazuya sets i’ve seen. watching the stream chat on ATP was great too.

Got a link to the tag 1 matches?

2 Likes

Humble Store has a Tekken7 Sale.
Season Pass1 has the first time on PC some %, you get it for 12,49€

Base Game - 19,99€
Deluxe (Base Game+SeasonPass1)- 18,74€

Green Arcade closing down, and Echo Fox ending its sponsorships with JDCR and Saint.

Sad times :frowning:

Yes I heard the sad news. I’m more bewildered as to why the high performers were dropped. Did they not win enough tourneys?

What is echo fox’s focus on now?

They might land another sponsorship perhaps?

Afaik Echo fox were downsizing big time. I think it was less about results and more about how big the game is.

One thing’s clear though. They won’t be free agents for long.

won 1 tournament this weekend on Saturday and got forth at the one on Sunday mad about the sunday one though

1 Like

Oh yeah, and I got 3rd at the tournament I organized last weekend. Got wrecked by my personal demon in winners finals and then by a veteran Eddy in losers. Gonna lab up both of those characters.
I’m almost considering getting a secondary for Eddy though, Leo not having ANY good punish against RLX from standing sucks.

1 Like

yeah i know she has stomp but depending on the pushback of whatever move he did to transistion into rlx and the frames stomps arent reliable. leo needs a faster ground hitting move i dont understand why they made her down 1+2, 2 the flip over move.

Saturday was good cause i went straight through the bracket and won
sunday was agonizing because i went for uf4 and missed the b4 so the person stood up and killed me i needed to warm up as well

Because you can now do ff3~d BOK2. And I can’t overstate how huge that buff is, because a lot of her moves give ff3 as a follow-up on counterhit (cd2, cd2,1, 2+3, uf2,1, SS1+2, and I’m probably forgetting some). A lot of her already decent mini-combos suddenly give close to launcher-levels of damage. It’s ridiculous. It’s also her optimal ender on a far wall splat, and it’s a lot easier to land than the old u3+4 > df2+3-ender.

I’d love for something better than u3+4 or d1 against Eddy though. I’ve been messing around with Kazumi lately (df1 pickups on RLX are stupid AF) but I’m just not having fun with her, and I’m not confident enough in my Mishima play to pick one of them. I don’t really like the other obvious candidate (Jack) either. Anyone else I should be thinking about here?

S2 Leo is so much fun though. You have so many ways to approach the match now.

Also, we get another tournament next weekend, and another one in three weeks. Usually we’re lucky to have three tournaments per year over here, now we get four in two months. Happy times.

1 Like