Team Weapon X - Options for Teams That Include ol' Canuckle Head

lol so confused, but I sort of understand. I’m gonna hit the lab right now.

i was checking the strategy guide it says akuma tatsu assist has priority vs projectiles or something? i wish it was more clear.

really? I don’t have anyone to test this with but I would also like to know because runaway projectiles are giving me a shitload of trouble. I don’t know how to deal with it… :\

im thinking wolverine/dr doom/thor?

or arthur/wolverine/thor mighty smash and hidden missiles can help him get in

I’m not really doing anything with Storm tbh, and it’s still getting hard to get in on those zoners. They can OCV my team if I can get in it’s so bad. I like Akuma because of his mixups and way of doing about 70%-80% with his demon flip overhead + 1 meter.He can also zone pretty well although he’s not as great as some characters but he has so much damage potential. Plus, i don’t know how to properly use Wolv’s Berserker slash mixup, idk the right assist to do the berserker slash mixup combos. I heard from a friend that Chun Li’s lightning kicks help a bit with Wolv?

I’ve been using my official team WCW. Wesker Cviper Wolverine. Mixup bs team , with good defensive options

Ok, seeing Jwong doing some nice things with Wolverine and Akuma’s tatsu assist, I’ve been checking which characters can do the same. Hulk, Ryu and Zero can do the same things as akuma’s tatsu.

But Magneto’s beam assist can also do these things as well as cover Wolverine as you are trying to go inside :amazed:. This makes Magneto the ideal teammate, since he also has nice dhc options with Wolverine.

Yeah I found out Hulk can do the same as well by going to Mission mode on Mission 10. I don’t know about Zero… but I also thought about Chun Li, since she can really pressure with her assist and she’s also a very offensive character as a secondary.

I’ve been running Wolverine(Barrage)/Taskmaster(forward Arrow)/Doom(Rocks) and it’s been going pretty well. Rocks are so nice to advance behind and you don’t have to be close to call it out. Taskmaster is really just there as a second character but his arrows beat a lot of projectiles and it also works for advancing behind if rocks aren’t available. Task can also DHC nicely from both Fatal Claw, and for the rare occasion where you find yourself using BBX as well. Really liking the feel of the team so far although it’s a bit jarring going from Wolverine’s hyper fast pace to Taskmasters sort of methodical combo’s.

Yeah it can work with Chun li and Viper as well (Viper 2 different assist!) but with Viper when you do the assist after the throw these assist launch your opponent in the air and you have to jump immediately after to be able to do something after it, as opposed to being able to press launch yourself and then finish. And as for Chun, It seems I couldn’t get a launch combo reliable for it aftewards.

I’ve been using Hsien-Ko’s gong>armor>free tag opening then abusing the shit out of Senpu Bu assists to make it painfully easy to go all out with Wolverine on point. Then I just build up meter and tag in Hulk to smash the puny humans. It’s working great so far :smiley:

I’m using Wolverine, Deadpool, and Iron Man right now, and it works to perfection. My main is Deadpool, so if I ever get rushed down by Zero or something where Deadpool can’t get them off, Wolverine does the trick. Also, if you use Iron Man’s Unibeam assist, it allows for Wolvie to get in if you do it quick.

Also, Sentinely can’t zone effectively with Wolverine, as his mouth beam goes over Wolverine’s head :smiley:

I have been running Wolverine(Barrage)/Magneto(Disruptor)/Sentinel(Drones)

here is the way I see this team. “Don’t let Wovlie inside…don’t let wolvie inside! don’t let wo----oh you let wolverine inside”.
I can use disruptor to get ground, then drones, and do an air drill to cover space and make it safe with drones if need be. Once I get wolverine inside he is gonna fuck you up big time. Magneto also does huge amounts of damage and has easy ways to combo into his level 3. As for Sentinel…well…Sentinel is Sentinel…does that need explaining? troll face

I go Wolverine(Barrage)/Spidey(Shot)/Doom(Rocks).

I enjoy it so far, I might change Spider for someone I like more later on, thinking maybe Iron Man/Magneto/Storm, but I can deal with him for right now(DHC Max Spider rocks). The spider shot is nice to keep combos going with some practice. Rocks are useful for hiding behind and going in and Doom has a surprisingly great keep away game and isn’t hard to play while they’re in on you, either. I’ve won a lot of games by using little meter until I have just Doom left, X-Factor and chip away. Any suggestions on what to put in instead of Spidey? I feel he’s out of place…

Also, I think that Doom and Wolvie were built to rape Sentinel.

Haggar is pretty beast for Wolverine. Lariat assist covers Wolverine with is server lack of AA and Wolverine can combo off it if lariat hits raw. He can also combo off it from a :df: :m: OTG.

Yea it is. I tried hagger and wolv out the other day. Wrecking scrubs.

I’m using Zero/Wolv/Sent right now. Not sure how this works once people start understanding the game better, but as of right now it’s working fine. Haven’t lost yet, but then again I haven’t played anyone really good.

Really enjoy playing Wolv though. Sent is sent… I love mvc2 sent, but kind of despise mvc3 sent. :sad:

Been using Wolverine/Doom/Sentinel and Wolverine/Magneto/Sentinel.

Both teams really help Wolverine get in and help him out with the combos listed earlier within this thread.

First team can be pretty diverse if played correctly, allowing you to play keepaway if the situation calls for it if/when Wolverine goes down.

Testing out, Wolverine/Tron/Sentinel at the moment.

^Dude I’m going to try that team too. Sent drones are too gdlk with rushdown. And Tron Fire assist for a GTFO move. My other teams health is too low. Tron and Sent have very high health, and Wolverine is not so bad too.

ANd =KOH= I just want to say thanks. I was thinking about finding another team, but those Berserker CHarge loops are too nice. I neeed Wolverine on point. I NEED HIM>

So far I like the team a lot.

oh and no problem, =).

Maybe I’ll make a video of some team specific stuff for wolverine, if I do I’ll post it here.