T-Bonne, Lafourche, Morgan City....The New School of La

Greg, if I woulda had a ride, I woulda been out there. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get one.

Acording to this guy at the mall, a lot of players play Marvel at Creole Lanes… I should be at the mall again tommarrow…

I’ll be out there at the mall tomorrow, since weez has to work. (He works at the arcade) When I last went to Creole, they didn’t have a soul playing any of the fighting games, except for one guy playing Mortal Kombat 4, and me playing MKII and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. According to a source over there, the MvC2 machine is still 50 cents, so I’d probably rather stick with the Coin It Up one, even with high damage.

The damage isn’t that high… I mean, sent is just is a beast, get over it

Dude said they go to play on fridays. I’ll rather play him than random mall scrubs…

I know it might be kinda late to be posting a gathering announcement, but what the hell. I know most LA people here are late-nighters.

Anyway:

I had decided on a gathering at my place tomorrow (Monday), since I’ll have the house to myself for a while. No, I’m not up in the apartment yet. Hopefully, sometime this week or next.

Anyway, I’ve got Jap 3s, US MvC2, CvS2, GGX2, and Tekken 5, along with US GGX2#R for Xbox. But do you really count that unless you have an Xbox stick?

I have 3 TV’s available for some time. Again, this is not my apartment, so I don’t live alone yet.

A couple rules to remember:

NO SMOKING!!! If you smoke, you CAN go outside towards the road and smoke.

NO BOOZE!! Sorry, guys, I know it’s the Mardi Gras holiday and shit. I know everyone likes to get plastered and shit, but I figured it’d be better o save the drinking for Mardi Gras Day (not that I’ll be doing that, but you get my point).

Parking space is extremely limited. We have 3 vehicles in the driveway, and not much space behind them before hitting the road. If you cannot park behind the vehicles, then call me before you get to the Burger King, and I’ll help you out.

The address is:

295 East 88th Street
Cut Off, LA 70345

Use your online sources to get directions, cuz I’m sure as hell not that good at giving them until you get towards the neighborhood. If you need some help finding the neighborhood, call me at 985-696-4292 so I can attempt to help you. Best times to call me are when you get to these locations:

Wal-Mart Supercenter & McDonalds on the back road
The Larose bridge next to McDonalds or Sacred Heart Church on Hwy 1
Burger King on Hwy 308

If you happen to call, just lemme know who you are by username on the boards.

Hope everyone has their plans together for Texas Showdown 6.

I know sometimes its hard between school and work to make it to a major tourney like EVO, but Texas Showdown draws many high-level players that make for an EVO-ish experience.

We need local-area player support to make Texas Showdown a big success.

See you guys in 3 weeks!

TS6 Thread: http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107375

Would have gone to Showdown, now not going.

I would have tried my luck in a 3rd Strike or Guilty Gear XX tourney, though I knew I’d lose in the first round, since I’m nowhere near ready.

I found out there was supposed to be a DDR tourney, which became my instant target for Showdown, but I found out earlier from one of the directors that they voted against one.

Since I have no confidence, even after months of practice, that I’d even win the first round in either 3s, GGXX, or MvC2, I’m not gonna bother heading out.

i plan on being in the mall today round 2 oclock
marvel for anyone round there…

joseph

Alright, today is my last day in town before I leave to go back to Lake Charles. Random get together at Coin It Up. Let’s also get Dale to change the damage setting on Marvel also.

I’m heading out there with Marc, Tres, Devin, and maybe Dustin

EDIT: Damn mike jones, you beat me to it…

Greg, you bringin a TV? Or is it just a Marvel/DDR gathering? Call me so I know before I take off.

Alright, this is bs man. You have to at least go to tournaments to scope out the level of play you’ll be facing. This is a chance to get to meet people you normally wouldn’t, and if there’s something that interests you, that is the time to ask because you might not get a chance to do that again soon.

Also, if you don’t think you have confidence now, how will you know when you will have confidence? There are players with just as much experience as you going to these tournaments, and they could be cannon fodder or they might not. You just have to actually put yourself out there and see where it goes.

So yeah. I don’t just go to a tournament to just play in the tournament, I go to meet old and new faces, play to see how I fare, and just overall share things with everyone. I know in DDR the most you need to know is the timing of foot placement, but with fighting games your playing style has to evolve by playing people, and if you’re avoiding people there’s no way in hell you’ll do any of that. Go and watch people and see how they play, and learn man.

I dunno, dude. I’d meet people, then I’d be forgotten like a bad memory. Only way I’m ever remembered is if I make an impact, and being only 6 months into 3rd Strike training, I wouldn’t make much of one.

I’m more experienced with Guilty Gear, but I’ve had my share of major, and I mean major, ass-kickings.

I’ll have to give it some deep thought, but with the tournament being less than 3 weeks away, I really don’t think I could decide in time.

I’d personally say just go to get out of this state. When I was younger I would kill for an opportunity to go to tournaments out of state. You’re not going to do much at home other than what, the usual stuff? It couldn’t hurt going at all.

Tell ya what, I’ll come and train you in GG if I can get a bunch of free time out. There’s one or two people I know who’s on an intermediate level, but they’ve been improving without me playing them much, so there’s definitely hope. :o

I talked to Greg and Mike Jones today, and they both said I should still go, even if I didn’t participate in the tournaments, I could still play for fun.

Even if I didn’t participate in tournaments, I think training would still help me just to see what level I’d be at when I’d actually enter a tournament, or something like that.

I’d really appreciate the GG advice. And to tell the truth, I feel a bit more inspired to go. I thought it was just about competition, to be honest, but I guess I went a bit overboard. Sorry bout that.

Now all I have to do is find a ride and residence and I’ll be set. I can offer gas money, as well as split a hotel room if necessary.

Good games to Naysayism when he was up here last weekend, my 3s game was NON-EXISTENT, GG’s in Marvel to.

My wife punched me because I didn’t tell her you guys played DDR haha.

http://www.txshowdown.com/

showdown is around the corner, pre-reg fools

I’d gladly register if I was definitely going. I’m still ride-less.

Hey Parry, can you find Tina & Nate a copy of 3S for PS2 or Burn them a DC copy till they can get a PS2 copy?

Sure thing, I’ll try and find a 3S Torrent for DC right now.

SF:AE is pretty cheap at Gamestop used, I think I saw a copy in the mall here.

i should edit this thread to say "T-Bonne, Lafourche, Morgan City…(and Parry)…The New School of La