Switching to Oro, with questions!

The setup i used in the video doesn’t work. Launch, walk up launch xx Jab Yagyou does work as you said.

Seriously, the key to Oro is figuring out when and how often to use all your ridiculous tricks. Like sometimes I abuse his backdash and like dash in throw dash dash dash dash throw dash dash OH SHIT BACKDASH SO THEY WHIFF THROW dash in throw, then I dash dash some more and do a partitioned low hit into an uppercut… then you do a lk chicken on wakeup and then you finally stop messing around because you were REALLY lucky to land that many gimmicky tricks, then you play solid and just dash under their jump-in to land a s.mp for a free round win. Naw’m sayin’?

I’ve actually practiced a bit with Oro since I last posted, and the only thing I have to say is that he’s ridiculously hard to use. I’m trying to learn the tengu stones, but I’m not fast enough to cancel it off of the launcher. The chicken combo has just plain strange timing, sometimes my second mp won’t even come out!

Maybe it’s just me trying to play on a keyboard. :arazz:

Hawk: you have to buffer the motion. Do some search in the Oro thread cause it’s been posted like a hundred times and I’m too lazy to post it again… maybe somebody else can help you out hahaha.

I’m sorry but school is consuming my soul right now… usually I’m a bit more helpful :stuck_out_tongue:

playing on a keyboard isn’t going to help you one bit, but the technique for canceling to super is pretty easy, actually. Note that Oro doesn’t have a QCF+P move, so you can QCF (return to neutral), cl.mpxxQCF+PP, instead of trying to cl.mpxxQCFQCF+PP

Oh, and if your second cl.mp isn’t coming out, you are probably hitting the button too early, but I can’t really say for certain without watching. Get a converter so you can use a stick/pad.

buffering is good to use, However if you can spin the stick well, it maybe be better to sj cancel it. I find its easy to do and I always get the cancel. I almost always get the cancel off the buffer but I’ve seen it where i buffered to early and it just craps out. whatever both work good.

for the chicken combo, timing the mp is difficult because it varies with each opponent. for shotos, you need to time it deep, just before they hit the ground. for others, you can get away with being a bit early. and of course, it just doesnt work with yun and yang.

Chicken works on the twins, it just has to be started usingin close strong as a anti-air. You can still do close strong, forward chicken, strong uppercut if I remember correctly. It’s not chicken x 3, but it’s damage and meter.

It works in the corner too.

lol, i have always been doing the two QCFs after the cl.MP.

I guess thats how i role

When I’m juggling with EX tengu stones (c.mp xx ex sa into s.rh -> f.mp), more often than not the opponent will end up being too far away from me to hit in the middle of the combo. What am I doing wrong?

When you’re juggling midscreen, do this: activate, jump RH, MK, jump RH, MK, jump RH, MK etc etc until the thing ends. Once you get to the corner just throw out RH’s like there’s no tomorrow.

You are probably going to fast

with makoto i think you can just RH jump RH instead of mk . not sure of any others

Which does more damage and which does more stun: “activate, jump RH, MK, jump RH, MK, jump RH, MK etc etc until the thing ends” or “EX tengu stones (c.mp xx ex sa into s.rh -> f.mp)?”

the first one does more damage

on another note, i’m really mad at this chun li vs oro match up and i’m determined to learn it, i dunno what to do anymore honestly, right now my strategy is basically, getting in her face when she has no meter and try to set up 50/50’s as much as possible with parry baits and all that. if i get a parry off, go into chicken combo for jab reset and HOPE that she gets caught with another mp or something

what do you guys think of this balls out method? honestly, i’m at my wits end here, that strategy usually lets me rape, or get raped.

hung, how do you do it? cause ricky fucks me up for free

I posted it in the oro at evo thread but there is an alternative 100% damage combo on chun li midscreen. Im planning on making a video of it soon so people can consider it to include in their game.

I think there are only 2 ways to play against chun. Balls out and try to 50/50 everything she throws out or just build meter and hope to land a mp. I think an offensive oro is scarier than a defensive oro in this match. Chun has too many options if you are going to play defensive, she can just grab you all day. If you play ballsy, she will be afraid of you getting that parry.

We all know that this match is stupid for oro. So just say fuck it and destroy her!! It’s more fun to be moving the joystick around than just having it on a downback position the whole match. :lol:

yeah, i was talking to emphy about that as well, play either balls out or turtle super hard, emphy said play both, but i think i’d rather go balls out as well

thanks for the tips hung

Playing turtle chuns at my arcade, I usually turtle harder than them. It may seem boring but it’s hilarious to abuse oro’s back dash. All you have to do is get the damage advantage and dash away. When they jump I fierce uppercut them, and when they dash in I roundhouse chicken to the other end of the screen :wgrin:

With all due respect to Oro players around the world - I have yet to come across someone who can mixup and zone with Oro as well as Zak.

Just watch some of his matches.