Suggest a Buff

My last post was a joke. I don’t even play UMVC3.

Oh, now you see, if you’d said “Put in that dude from *God Hand *whose name is unimportant” I would’ve known what you were talking about.

Man, I thought this thread would be more fun. And intelligent. :frowning:

Then again, I’m the scrub who thought it was hard to combo Cap’s throws. It’s actually really easy. I learned the tech toda. Shoutouts to El_Maiz for the help.

I don’t think anyone’s seriously asking for buffs in this thread, just suggesting things for fun that would make the characters better, more interesting or both. That’s what I did at least.

For Task:

Copy Master: BDP + :s: ( :b::d::db: + :s: ) --> copy the last special move (or hyper) done by the opponent’s point character
Copy Cat: QCB + :s: ( :d::db::b: + :s: ) --> Use the special move copied. If a hyper, it uses the same amount of meter.

Everytime you use Copy Master, you learn a new move and forget the old one. You can use the copied move via Copy Cat as many times as you want.

Obviously for fun, but I think it would be hilarious to see Task do a Dante Jam Session or say “I summon the power! Run Run!” while sending out a fireball from his non-cosmic being hands.

Zero:

-Give back hard knockdown on Buster
-Health to 1mil
-8-way dash and Double-Jump
-If he loses half health, let his crystal boobs shatter and grant him 10% boost in speed and damage
-Genmu Zero, 450k damage
-Full invincibility on Ryuenjin
-Black Armor colour
-Mashable Rekkoha
-Sogenmu lasts longer and builds meter

I think that will make him tournament viable? Yeah, should do the trick…OH, and make all his teleports invincible, yeah.

Strange: :atk::atk: in the air makes him dash forward… and backward. :eek:

Sentinel should have 1,150,000 life perhaps.

Give Iron Fist a sword. And a Buster. And an :s:.

I think firebrand should deal a little more damage, like 5-10%? Maybe less start-up frames on flight mode and make demon missile H an overhead (especially as an assist) and I think he’s sweet.
Wright needs to lose the bad evidence, except for meat. His shitty mobility and total lack of mixups in turnabout gives him a hard enough time as it is.
Give shuma his S OTG back, maybe give him a teleport?
Undo the Jill and Tron nerfs, give she-hulk her slide back, wtf were they thinking. Really unfamiliar with iron-man but I think it’s pretty clear there are issues with his changes too.
Hsien-ko fucking just… fix everything.

Don’t nobody in this thread wanna hear this shit coming from someone with a team like yours lmao.

Dive Iron Fist Wolverine’s dive kick, and make his cr.l hit low!

Like a downward angled air Rising Fang which causes a ground bounce? Sweeeet.

Chun-Li just needs one buff IMO: Allow her to convert into a full combo from hitting someone at superjump height. Like maybe have her j. s actually cause the opponent to fall after a tenshokyaku or something? Oh and make it so that a sword normal can’t stuff EX SBK.

Storm: Just increase her damage a tiny bit or change the hitstun deterioration on some of her moves so that people can get decent damage with her.

TBH I’d rather see all the characters around Storm/X-23/Dr. Strange level of balance than to buff everyone to Zero/Viper/Vergil/Magneto level stupidness. So I guess I want to do more nerfs than buffs xD

Iron Fist: Some sort of air trajectory changing move (A dive kick of some sort). Some consistently viable air options. Maybe some sort of projectile invincible move to get him closer (think Law’s dragon kick from SFxT)

I would argue make giving Felicia a tiny bit more damage, but with all the mix up and pressure she has already, probably for the best that she doesn’t

Tron: Oh Tron… I don’t know what to suggest without making it seem like I want to break you. Maybe return some hit stun for her drill. Make it possible to follow up her command throw mid screen. Light Damage Boost perhaps? Sigh. I miss the glory days of you Tron in Marvel 2 and Vanilla 3. : (

Come to think of it, Vanilla Wolvie had projectile invincible Slashes capable of reaching full screen, but Iron Fist doesn’t have anything to move through projectiles like you say. WHY CAPCOM?

I guess because they didn’t want to make another instance of Vanilla Wolverine, though giving IF no air options certainly doesn’t help

Give X-23 her old Mirage Feint loops back, less hit stun scaling, and maybe a bit more damage on normals or special moves.

Pheonix wright: Better normals. Holy crap. BETTER NORMALS PLEASE.

Investigation mode- let him call maya in the air

Trial mode- Buff the FUCK out of the present evidence move. Some are obviously fine (Knife, cellphone) but others need to be actually GOOD (Document. What the hell?). Classify it as a command normal, letting him cancel it into a special move (Paperwork, press the witness)

Turnabout mode - Let him stay in this mode longer. Too often they can just superjump back to avoid trouble.

Frank West:
-Make level 5 frank meaningful. Speed boost, new moves, I dont care how, but right now there isn’t enough of a distinction between lvl 4 and 5.
-I’d love a command grab, so the roll mixups he has are more brutal.
-Give tools of survival H more active frames, making it easier to OTG with the jumping version.
-Let him be able to block after taking a snapshot in the air, don’t keep him vulnerable the entire way down.

Iron fist:
-A double jump. Give him one.
-A dive kick. GIVE HIM ONE. He’s the martial arts master of the marvel side for crying out loud.

Doctor Strange:
-Let mystic sword L hit crouchers.
-Let his teleport cross up in the corner.

Let tron be vanilla tron, minus assist

Ryu (UMvC3) - Change the inputs of denjin so it doesn’t overlap with wave dashing.
Sentinel - Give him more health.

give everyone a dive kick