Street Fighter Alphas Video Thread

And now from still the Vegascup January event, I uploaded the 2on2 Tournament. It’s again really good.
VER’s teaming up with Versus and they build a Cody/Cody Team. ^^

Interesting because Versus start and you’ll see a standart Cody get’s busted from a V-Sakura. (which the japanese believe it’s a 7-3 advantage for Sakura.) Then VER starts and beat’s up the Sakura. It’s a rape. oO

If you didn’t watch it yet, then I wish you some very enjoyable matches!

Vegasup 2on2 Tournament half/grandfinals(January)= http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DHXJ2ID2

I found some youtube vids:

SFA1: (Some cell phone game??)
[media=youtube]YyNgJy1E8eo#[/media]

Red-ism exhibition:
[media=youtube]SfHMNiL2wwU&mode=related&search=[/media]

SFHA: CE-Honda vs Darkstalker Shin Akuma (but CPU)
[media=youtube]bdu3FoEfQtw[/media]

SFHA: CE-Honda vs Red-ism Bison (again only CPU…)
[media=youtube]HE3GkAbAHtg[/media]

VER is too beastly. Best Cody ever?

Speaking of best-evers, anyone got some Crasha vids? Or link to his website?

Yes, VER is the best Cody right now. And the most entertaining Cody players in terms of viewing pleasure. At least to my eyes. And VER is one of the best players in the post UZ V era.

And now this is getting very interesting. The new Imakichannel vids. I uploaded them. What’s special about them this time? TOMA is on this tournament! “THE” V-Nash player. Not only known as the best V-Nash player around 03-05, also one of the old a-cho champion. A true A3 legend of the older Alpha times in japan.
So now it happens that TOMA meets VER during this tournament. How will win? The old master? With his experience and routine? Hero of pre UZ V era? Or will VER make it? A kinda new player. The 3on3 champion of UZV. With all his casual routine he has right now?

And I can tell you this. One of those two will lose badly. Just watch the match. One character will look kinda empty. One player will look kinda helpless and unexperienced. But who? The new blood or the master?

IMAG0002
IMAG0002
IMAG0003
IMAG0005 half final
IMAG0006 3rd place decision
IMAG0007 Grandfinal
IMAG0008 special game

Imakichannel february tournament footage (with TOMA)= http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ELUFHJ1S

PS: Oh, and BKB about your Crusher question. Here’s a link to his latest casual footage= http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=3609168&postcount=69

And here is his page: http://www.geocities.co.jp/all_about_zero3/ (yestersay or something around that, he re-upped his latest casual footage. You could download it directly there or try my link to the other thread with the megaupload file. Just how you like it.)

Thank you sir!

There’s also new vids at A-cho I think…

Here are all the vids that were released from the february Las Vegas A-X-only and no Dhalsim tournament. We get X-A-Gief, A-Adon, A-Gen, A-Chun, A-Akuma and A-Rolento and more I think. ^^

Las Vegas February tournament (A-X-only and no Dhalsim tournament)= http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8MYYFJ18

The 2on2 Vids are ahead.

I decided to have a go at this editing stuff, so I slapped this together.

HSFA Alpha 2 Custom Combo Trainer
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=000JGPM4 - Mpeg-1 30mb (low quality)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GC65LN2Z - Mpeg-2 60mb (high quality)

Just a basic trainer to get the gist of CCs.

Comments and criticisms are welcome. It’s not exactly technical or advanced I know… I was more going for quick and easy. lol

Great stuff, BKB. I especially like the Cammy CC.

Some questions.

Counter-activation; this was not possible in the original A2, correct?

Command throws after CCs; are these as an OTG or a juggle? Looks like the former? Any special timing for this?

Chun Li’s drop-through CC against Ryu; an infinite?

Gouki’s anti-throw CC against Sodom; the demon flip juggle finisher; not possible in the original A2, right?

Played around and found that I could link CCs from Jab/Short after anyone (I think) with with a rapid fire weak attack. More info on my next play.

As for counter-activation… I remember this working in true A2. Hell, is was the ONLY way to save your ass outside of a lucky DP! I remember it being easier after blow-out?? blah

As for HSFA, I know that it is immune to frame-eating stuff. CCs, parries, and VCs seem to be immune to frame-eating stuff.

It’s a juggle, and it’s purely HSFA.

The only limitations I’ve found (with my limited testing) is that you be in range, and the opponent be somewhat lower than your shoulders. Not in stone, but it works as a basic rule so far?

No. In “true A2”, Chun’s lightning legs automatically stops hitting once the CC ends and they fall to the ground. However, her LL also causes pushback… something that doesn’t happen in HSFA (why they changed this I don’t know). I’ve also noticed that the “nuetral state” thing applies in HSFA, and that you can connect with attacks way after CC is over, as long as you don’t reach nuetral state.

With this is mind, LL should be an infinite during CC but it seems Capcom decided to impose a 17-hit limit on her lightning legs. During CC or after CC, you can only get 17 hits… then they drop. (I think it’s 17 hits? something like that)

I haven’t explored this phenomenon, but I’m sure you can see how it might affect CCs… who knows.

No idea.

If you must know, I have only played HSFA on the new anthologies disc, and anything else only on request. :lol:

I wouldn’t be surprised.

It seems that as long as you can freeze the screen, and they’re not blocking… you get your combo.

Does anyone know the startup on CCs? on blow-out?

I dunno? lol

Because I know you’re a Birdie player… it also seems that while inputs don’t work during CC freeze (dark screen, whatever), charging buttons DOES work. …and it’s sped up to boot. You can activate CC, hold punches right away, and have a Final Headbutt charged after your sweep.

I don’t know the specifics, but I know that I used to eat a CC that consisted of nothing but final headbutts back in the day. :sad:

EDIT: hrm… now that I look back on it… maybe I could’ve landed a post CC bushin flip-grab with guy? Again, I didn’t experiment much. I just wanted to crank out footage to edit.

BKB, I enjoyed your vid. It’s not too long and short and down to the point.

I really don’t know A2 in-depth but I know that those CC juggles and command grabs are in original A2. I don’t know for Sodom, but Zangief has it. I saw it done by Alex Valle in one A2 final. He played Gief and he performed the Valle unblockable with Gief’s long cr.roundhouse into alot of banishing flats, then near the end of the meter he grappled his enemy with the 360 out of the air. A very strange looking thing to happen. ^^

If it’s possible in true A2, it’s a hell of a lot harder to do. I can’t do it anyhow. :sweat:

This maybe a hard and rare video to have but I was wondering if anyone has the USA vs. Japan 2000 matches? It had the following players:

USA:
-John Choi (V-Sakura)
-Alex Valle (V-Akuma)
-Mike Watson (V-Akuma)
-Eddie Lee (V-Sodom)

Japan:
-Ba. Q (V-Rolento)
-WC Dhalsim (A-Dhalsim)
-JOE (V-Karin)
-Makoto (V-Zangief)
-Da Yoshi (V-Akuma)

If anyone has the full 4-on-5 (totalling 20 matches), I’ll trade for it! :lovin:

Most of this stuff was already posted here, but I’ve YouTubed a few more of the matches, along with some newer/older videos.

Cody vs Charlie-
[media=youtube]EPMa1efWo2A[/media]

Akuma vs Ryu (rare footage of the 2P Ryu infinite)-
[media=youtube]F7-_FuLljk0[/media]

Akuma vs Charlie-
[media=youtube]2AGrR46JvbE[/media]

V-Dhalsim vs X-Blanka-
[media=youtube]Y4YkJol_l3c[/media]

V-Sakura vs A-Akuma-
[media=youtube]BVUn05vdh74[/media]

V-Rose vs V-Sodom-
[media=youtube]4BcJaV3ve9w[/media]

Gen vs A-Dhalsim-
[media=youtube]-HyLAgjIn3Y[/media]

V-Akuma vs A-Blanka-
[media=youtube]nv0vExGcIWk[/media]

X-Blanka vs V-Karin-
[media=youtube]co4gVBDyCJ0[/media]

X-Blanka vs Guy-
[media=youtube]AQ8Hws6hYts[/media]

Blanka vs Charlie-
[media=youtube]ndmkU8CRBvc[/media]

Sakura vs Ryu-
[media=youtube]gUgFVGDCauc[/media]

Sakura vs Sagat-
[media=youtube]Ch5X2GHFlbw[/media]

Sakura vs Gen-
[media=youtube]_XyeJcTnEjU[/media]

Ryu vs V-Dhalsim-
[media=youtube]1NptUT53WNI[/media]

Vega vs Sakura-
[media=youtube]UyAYHAKdfi4[/media]

V-Dhalsim vs A-Cammy-
[media=youtube]Llr3yYrpJa0[/media]

Dhalsim vs Ryu-
[media=youtube]_O4dOyHyLV8[/media]

Blanka vs Akuma-
[media=youtube]9cGqCV_mpcE[/media]

Akuma vs Ken-
[media=youtube]4ypNiYsg8vo[/media]

Akuma vs Charlie-
[media=youtube]pUvu0uBBK7Y[/media]

Akuma vs Charlie-
[media=youtube]JrzRNbOg1tI[/media]

Sagat vs Charlie-
[media=youtube]udGr4VAl6kw[/media]

Akuma vs Zangief-
[media=youtube]XmgCgB6Rgvo[/media]

Ken vs Akuma-
[media=youtube]myPkmGfUuGU[/media]

Guy vs Akuma-
[media=youtube]bd–AQ3PlJQ[/media]

A-Charlie and V-Vega vs V-Cody and V-Adon-
[media=youtube]njJiXV1ot20[/media]

Sodom and Akuma vs Akuma and Sagat-
[media=youtube]6zov7H-vSfs[/media]

A3 stuff from the B5 DVD:
A-Zangief vs Karin/Vega
[media=youtube]cIdtUJKVolg[/media]

Sakura vs Vega
[media=youtube]cIdtUJKVolg[/media]

Sodom vs Sakura
[media=youtube]4ulfbNLvrSI[/media]

V-Rolento vs X-Dhalsim
[media=youtube]Tm1eItGh4eY[/media]

Sakura vs A-Zangief/V-Sodom
[media=youtube]dMhpGssnAZ0[/media]

V-Mika/Sodom vs Sakura
[media=youtube]FD2iXXWANGU[/media]

Sakura vs Akuma
[media=youtube]WghxpDDSrgI[/media]

Sodom vs Akuma
[media=youtube]D-lusKmdVN8[/media]

Akuma vs Sakura
[media=youtube]FRhe9O15fOQ[/media]

Sodom vs Akuma
[media=youtube]3zYIJ1ItNQo[/media]

Sakura vs Sodom
[media=youtube]F6kTMN8LbwM[/media]

Mika/Rolento/Sodom vs Cody/Akuma
[media=youtube]UENxaorxtJ0[/media]

:wow:

Too good TS!

Damnnnnnnnnn

Where the lomo kid? :shake:

Anyway for those who care about japanese sfa3 scene, you can watch this blog http://mahobal.blog68.fc2.com/ . Almost every worthy vids and events pops there, there are more of them in japan than just a-cho and vegascup. Dunno if this blog is common knowledge though. :sweat:

Vegascup updated vids today:
http://www.geocities.jp/vegascup07/index.htm
Find douga.html (sixth link down, looks like ??? © TS

1. Harakiri (V-Akuma) vs Salesman (A-Akuma)

2. Swiftly (V-Akuma) vs ??? Fungus it is languid (V-Dhalsim) - Sorry for google translation. *

3. Odd step (V-Honda) vs VER (X-Adon)

4. S (V-Sakura) vs Kayaman (A-Boxer)

5. S (V-Dhalsim) vs Kayaman (A-Blanka)

6. S (V-Dhalsim) vs Kayaman (A-Boxer)

7. CR (A-Gen) vs Kamiyu (A-Guy)

Kayaman is top tier player… Thanks god he loves low tier characters, so i can watch high level playing of them. Boxer can win vs dhalsims and sakuras :wgrin:

• Dhalsim player’s nickname turned out to be Takedaru, but that languid fungus is nice too i think. :wgrin:

fungus it is languid XD

Vegascup updated vids again:
http://www.geocities.jp/vegascup07/index.htm
Find douga.html (sixth link down, looks like ??? © TS

1. Mukai (V-Claw) vs Salesman (A-Akuma)

2. Mukai (V-Dhalsim) vs Salesman (A-Akuma)

3. Maho (V-Claw) vs Fungu… Takedaru (V-Dhalsim)

4. Kayaman (A-Blanka) vs VER (X-Adon)

5. Kayaman (A-Boxer) vs VER (V-Dhalsim)

6. Fujigo (V-Akuma) vs Kamiyu (A-Guy)

Hurry to download them, admin can delete them pretty fast… or just hope someone with high speed connection upload them elsewhere.

http://www.geocities.jp/vegascup07/03chunli.wmv

awesome.

Holy shit! Last combo =D