SSFIV AE:2012 Help choosing a character

I actually have tried Balrog myself before making this post. He’s nice but I have a lot of trouble with fireballs if I don’t have my super/ultra 1. I’ve been looking around still and I’ve seen some Abel’s look cool. I don’t mind the grapple oriented playstyle at all, but his links look real tricky.

As far as It goes now, characters I’m enjoying/playing are Adon/Cody/Honda/Sakura. I do Muay Thai IRL So I like how Adon looks.(Best reason to play him :D), Cody although frustrating to hit his links for me Is actually quite fun to play, Honda because I can Handslap quite well and Headbutt’s cool. and Sakura is another one of those characters that I don’t play particularly well but she’s fun to play.

I haven’t exactly found anyone I feel at home with, but at the end of the day I guess it’s good I’m having fun with some characters. I’ll try out rufus, I’ve never really thought of him tbh. See how it goes.

Edit:: Well for some apparent reason, I can magically do Balrog’s links now. I have no idea why or how i can… But I can do them pretty consistently. Still having a lot of trouble with fireballs. On the opposite end of the specter. Makoto looks real fun, Nice TC’s and Normal’s.

Would say go for a character who’s combos or pokes are easy along with their specials making their main game a question of mental prowess over whether or not you can pull off a move set. Speaking of characters like fei long, balrog. I would mention others but they’re a bit complicated other that yang. Before people get annoyed I recommended fei, he’s hard to understand for only a short time, in higher level play he is pure mental game because his moves get easy very fast. Even after a week you may notice how much you are winning, however its best to take a character before him to teach you cautiousness and some fundamentals.

dude i hate to break it to you but no characters are easy win buttons in this version. sagat might look like an easy choice with multiple fireballs, but trust me you have to work DARN hard for your damage and to avoid getting vortexed by many of the cast.

the reality is, until you get your execution up to par regarding special moves and basic combos, as well as become familiar with proper spacing and get a basic gameplan, you might not make much traction.

Find a character, stick with it, and get into training mode. Play (and probably lose) a lot, so you can start learning general matchups and strategies. Until your execution improves, and you learn more about the ebb and flow of a match, its doubtful your character will have too much impact on winning or losing.

Pick a character, try and go deeper with that character every time you play, stay humble and willing to learn, and let your desire to win drive every small amount of progress. S

What the hell is going on with the necro posting lately?