SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

I was kind of laughing when I saw the players on stream putting money into the machine for the tournament. Free play that shit, damn. Now THAT’S milking!

Not a chance. This will be a forced update. Too much work otherwise for a free patch.

Not really complaining per se, its just kinda weird on principle that people who are supposed to be the testers having to pay.

my little loc test experience (warning: nothing really exciting)

[details=Spoiler]
I only get to play twice that day due to having other appointments. Not to mention that the line was hella long and watching people playing the same character testing the same thing over and over can get pretty tiring/boring (especially when there were a lot of the same characters already being used at the station), so it was my turn and i put in the 100 yen, and as much as i wanted to test stuff, i also didnt want to lose my first match till at least a few matches later so i wont have to spend money AND wait in line again. The player I was playing probably had the same thought, so its kinda hard. I got bored after having a 6 wins streak, my character didnt really get anything much in terms of new, meaningful stuff… plus I got a feeling that some people didnt like to play vs Abel, so I threw my next match, i thought of just leaving but thatd be rather rude.

The 2nd time, I was just waiting in line, chatting with Kim1234 about stuff while thinking of who I should test next since I dont really play other chars as well as i play abel, but then the wait got hella long since people are taking their sweet time to test stuff and by the time it was my turn again, i was like, fuck it i only have 20mins ish left, I’ll just pick abel again and take my time testing every little stuff… So the cycle was kinda like this, first 2 rounds we tested whatever we wanted to test, and the 3rd round was a real fight to decide who stays, again I got to 6 wins before i really had to leave. Overall it wasnt as exciting as I expected it to be(minus the tournament, that was pretty hype) Id probably have a better time if i stayed till late though. [/details]

Yeah this makes more sense. I believe it works that way with MK patches? Too bad, guess you won’t be able to play it unless you go through the hassle of deleting the update I guess. Well there’s alway vanilla Seth to fall back on.

What an Internet badass… We are all very scared …

Beast on the rest of the top tier? Noone else will be playing old AE.

i know i was. he even said “bet that”, so you know he means business.

This.
New AE will be soo much better. :slight_smile:

Having another look through Fei’s changes, I seriously doubt he’s dropped out of top 10.

He still has cr.lp buffer rekkas and a downback DP. Same Fei.

Doi. SRK hacks will always make you think outside the obvious.

Loketests aren’t really all that fun.

I know you all want to get your hands on the changes and all that, but fundamentally it’s still SSFIV, the same game you’re playing at home, just tweaked around a bit.

Sometimes you may get the nice opponent who lets you test things and play around with the system. Most of the time you get someone who showed up to win. It was funny during the original loketests, when SRK was asking us to test out certain things for certain characters, meanwhile players like Umezono were showing up and racking up 50 game win streaks with a version of Bison who had no recovery on anything. You lose, you lose $1 and you go back to standing in line for 30 or 40 minutes to play again.

I do realize how awesome it is to have the opportunity at least (while you all have to rely on random streams and archived YT footage). Before the game came out the tests were a good way to play and see how the game was changing while still in development, but now it’s just kinda like “Okay, well that works differently now.”

There is no K or E in location. Just wanted to clarify that to those people who seem to think there is.

Unless there is a strict policy on SRK of giving infraction when “Loketest” is used, I fear that this will stay and the former term will die.

And come on, “Loketest” is classy.

I like how at least 30 characters are “at least in top 10” according to people.

Yes. I still play vanilla from time to time with friends and I liked AE a lot.

I dont care anymore they just arnt giving vega what he really needs, and this is so frustrating >:(

Why IS it called a loketest?

I always thought it was just shorthand for location test. Which is kinda self-explanatory lol

its actually short for location test

location test —> roke-shon tesuto —> roketesuto —> rokete (i pronounce it as this when im speakin with a japanese)

Because it’s a portmanteau of Japanese words; they like to abbreviate by taking the first two syllables of each longer word.

That’s hilarious.