Soul Society: Rose General Discussion!

I already tried to throw this bait in another thread, now it’s time to try again.

Rose is more than 50 years old.

And I can prove it. She stays young thanks to her soul power.

We know that. But thanks to her soul power, she doesn’t age, therefore, she isn’t even close to 50.

Actually I don’t think I have ever seen anything that says how old Rose is.

The only thing I’ve ever really seen hinting at her age would be in the comics, when Rose first gets her powers. When Rose was about 12, in her village, Bison came around (in his first body) to kill ‘Master’, but in doing this all of Master’s powers were transferred to Rose, the only surviving member of her village. So, take about 12 off of how old Bison is, and you have a minimum age for Rose.

Of course, the Udon comics aren’t cannon exactly, but that ‘origin story’ got me thinking. If Rose was Bison’s host following the events of SFA3 (Charlie blows up the Psycho Drive), she was about whatever age she looks at that time… maybe. She could be older. But I think it’s safe to assume she didn’t have her stop aging powers until that happened, since Bison pumped all that power into her.

I’m not sure about the years, but from all I can tell, she’s as old or younger than M. Bison. But, since she uses her anti-aging powers, we likely won’t know for sure.

And we’re also assuming that soul power has some type of anti aging ability.

Ah… well crap, I hadn’t considered that. Her non-aging could just be the power of iconic video game character design. Or, better yet, the timeline in the games is much shorter than real-world time (13 years since Street Fighter, but the game timeline is…) which means she’s been aging normally.

If Viper’s a MILF, then Rose is a GILF… somebody had to say it.

Wouldn’t she have to have kids for that label to apply?
>.> … I’m over thinking it, aren’t I?

Rose is forever hawt due to her Soul Powah. This is why I play Rose.

How old is Viper?
Huh I don’t know anything about the street fighter backstory, the only thing I know is that Rose is a carbon copy of Lisa Lisa from Jojo’s bizarre adventure, who is indeed 50 yo. http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Lisa_Lisa

(And by the way, how old is Makoto in this game? Before SSF4 came out people were saying “Makoto can’t be in the game, she would be 10 years old!”)

It’s Makoto’s older sister… Makoto… and bedtime.

Is it just me or does Rose have blue eyes on her winning pose and one red eye, one green eye on the ‘vs’ loading screen in ssf4?

Actually, her eye color is determined by what costume color you choose. But yeah; no matter what TV I play on, my HDTV, my big HDTV, it’s red and green eyes on the loading screen. haha.

So Soul Power not only gives Rose eternal youth, it gives her temporary heterochromia too?

I’m not too keen on the new alt because of the way it sticks to her knee and the stupid stretch of it on some moves, like cl.:mk:.

So I’ve just had a few people complain to me about how Soul Satellite is broken and how it needs to be nerfed. Their point being that once I get it they have to turn extremely cautious because of it. Them saying that it shouldn’t be 100% safe and all that jazz. I don’t think its that bad simply because she really doesn’t have much else to deal with stuff so I think its fine. What do you guys think?

Not sure this goes here, but that’s to the OP to decide. Either way, your friends is be uncreative. While the best thing to do against orbs is being defensive, if you’re ballsy/good enough, and on the right character, you can dispose of the orbs with ease.

For example, Rufus’ Galactic Tornado, along with sucking you in (if you’re close enough) will absorb an orb like a projectile. You’d have to time it right so an orb wouldn’t hit during a recovery frame, but it’s still a counter. Also I think if you hit Rose it takes an orb away. I’ve lost one orb on some lucky hits, though it could have been a time out for the orbs instead.

So really, your friends are scrubs, and I recommend turning them to Killian’s dominations articles (specifically the one regarding cheapness).

EDIT: Decided to check, and yes indeed, dreams get shattered around 1:30 - http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7321158

His comment is better than a fantasy circle-jerk about Rose (aka the rest of this page). General Rose discussion should allow for Ultra discussion, no?

Well like I said, that isn’t for me to decide, but sorry if I came off like a dick.

I just figured a question about Soul Satellite would go in the Soul Satellite thread. But again, I didn’t make the thread so idk what is considered ‘general’.

Rose isn’t that old. Lisa Lisa may have been that old, but Rose might be like in her thirties. Soul Power probably does keep her young, though, lol. Comic Book Time is in effect in these games anyway so people don’t really get older or anything.

I kind of consider Scala to be her Palazzo’s theme, and the theme in SFIV based off of the other Alpha stages is her personal theme.

Alt 2 reminds me of Lulu from Final Fantasy X. If she had fur and belts. It looks like a stereotypical “Madame Rose” gypsy fortune teller dress, especially color #1. It looks kind of flamenco, kind of Victorian, kind of French, maybe Italian is in the middle somewhere… I’d just call it European.