Soul Drain Setups

I think Soul drain may be morrigans most broken tool honestly. In a game where you cant build meter by whiffing normals, it really makes her potential as a battery much better than I originally thought. Soul drain + plink dashing is so ridiculous.

With Ammy (midscreen): :l::m:c.:h:f.:h:j.:m::m::h: and Cold Star Soul Fist :h: xx Fly Soul Drain xx Unfly ADD j.:s: s.:s:j.:m::m::h:Shadowblade :h:

Does about 400K. Not amazing, but drains meter and I find meter to be more important.

With Ammy and Doom (midscreen and corner:D): s.:l::m:c.:h:f.:h: and Cold Star Soul Fist:h: xx AV Soul Drain xx Fly Soul Fist:l: xx Unfly Soul Drain xx Fly move forward (if you’re midscreen) j.:s: and Hidden Missiles s.:s:j.:m::h::s: Soul Drain

5-6 Soul Drains! Does around 485-500K I believe. Some things I’ve noticed:

-Works best the closer you are to the opponent when midscreen
-Works with starters like j.:s:, j.:l::m: but is tougher since it pushes them farther away when midscreen. Couldn’t really get it to work with j.:h:
-Doesn’t work with taller/bigger characters (Sentinel, Dr. Strange)
-In the corner, you gotta have Morrigan’s and her clones Soul Drain hit to make it work

I’m having difficulty finding out the timing so that the clones Soul Fist:l: will hit consistently, which is holding me back from considering this combo a viable one for matches. I had moderate success very, very slightly delaying the Soul Fist :l: or Soul Drain, but it could be with where the opponent is in the Cold Star beam but it’s hard to control where the opponent is in the beam.

I posted notations for some soul drain stuff in the combo thread using doom 2nd just in case anyone was interested.

For all you Magneto players out there. Found an interesting glitch, could be useful.

Not a glitch but that second combo was nice lol. If you DHC during a capture/throw state then your opponent spins out in the air for a bit.

Anybody got any soul drain stuff with jam session assist?

There are quite a few ways to use it to combo into soul drain but I haven’t figured out any that also do decent damage. You can call it with a launch and just superjump, H, soul drain or something like that. In the corner you can call it with forward M, and then soul drain, fly and go into a standard corner combo from there. It’s a start I suppose.

Yeah I don’t really care for damage ATM since Morrigan can win over time because of how her tools work. Plus anti Phoenix stuff if I get into that matchup. Sounds like a good start though.

Kinda late to the party but are there any Soul drain set ups off of RekkhoaxxSisters dhc.

I would think so, but I can’t ever see it being worth it. Keeping the opponent alive so you can steal 60% meter(then you either spend a level 3 or they flip out alive) seems pointless when zero can meter positive TOD characters with lightning loops.

Ugh, I hate this move, so cheap against my Phoenix, love my Harmonizer assist though, haha.