So what kind of player are you? (needed improvements, flaws, etc)

Been playing ever since the game came out on the DC back in the day, but only started to take it somewhat seriously till 2006.

I’d consider myself the semi-competitive type. I want to get in there and slug it out to prove my skills, but at the same time i want to have fun with the game, and this kinda holds me back.

One of my flaws is i never bothered to learn how to dash with the buttons and still use stick. There are so many times lately in x-box live matches that my opponent will make a mistake, or i’ll see an opening, but am simply too slow to capitalize on it. If this weren’t the case i’d fare at least 20% better.

Sometimes i make a point to try to get good at it but kinda slack off before long and go back to what i’m comfortable with. If i were to take things more seriously, this is the thing i’d really want to improve upon.

For some odd reason air-dashing with buttons i’m perfectly fine with, i can air dash all day with blackheart & storm. Just not ground dashing with buttons :sweat:

Also the two characters i main are those i personally like and want to do well with, who happen to be mid-tiers, with my 3rd usually someone higher up to give those two some breathing room. So i’m kinda at a disadvantage for others maining only the tops, but this is no excuse since i’d do a lot better if only i could improve upon my speed & reaction time by learning to button dash. I’m lazy about it though.

Anyone else here, what do you need to improve on and or flaws?

i would say i’m a respectfully competitive player. i go for the win but don’t really tbag my opponent or juggle the dead body. as for flaws? haha i’ve got plenty but the main thing would be applying what i do in trainingmode to real matches. i can do pretty sweet combos and resets in training but i lack execution where it counts.