Shaking off the rust

You can tell by the sound and the duration. 3:p: is the long “OOOOOOYAAAAAA”, is slower but lasts longer", 3:k: is “u-yah”, or sounds something like “idiot” if you use Japanese VA, and it’s faster and shorter.

Afaik it’s 3k lariat that is low invincible.

hey MBTW do you wanna run some sets sometime? I’ve been playing SF4 since vanilla but I’m not as good as that would imply lol
My GT is: The G 39

He says “lariat.” Lol.

LAUUUUUUUUREEEAUUUUURT!

Haha it’s weird, I focused so hard on getting around Zangiefs that I’m actually at my most confident when I’m fighting them now. Current banes are C.Viper and Blanka.

Also thanks Fuzz! Added :slight_smile:

Things I’ve Learned:

• Learning to be more wary of how each player spends their super meter. Again, it seems to be something that people don’t mix up, a Super-squanderer will often remain a Super-squanderer, even if an EX will get them out of a jam. Like-wise knowing when somebody is deliberately absorbing hits for meter should be an alarm-bell for you to change your battle plan, no matter how tempting it is to keep chipping away.

*More zone-stuff. Keeping an opponent within crossup range to tempt them into the air is still working out as a consistent money-maker. Need to work on reaction time though.

*T-Hawks command grab range is sickening.

Troubles:
Vipers ground punish and ground punish cancel throw me right off my game, especially when somebody’s frequently mixing them up. Not a great deal of info in the matchups about tackling it. Also, after spending so much time learning to stay grounded, I just freak out when someone with huge slides and ground punishes steps up.

I’m finding lobbies take FOREVER to populate when I set one up, I’m experimenting with the number of people/rounds etc to see what attracts most people to an endless. What are people looking for in a lobby? 8 People? 2 People? Best of 3/5/1?

Thanks for all the advice on here. Never known such a helpful gaming community :slight_smile:

Gief’s is even longer.

I think you mean “ground punch,” AKA Seismo. The throw won’t kill you unless they have some amazing setup. Seismo leads to ultra, which will kill you. If it’s not on wakeup, you can even just jump out of seismos. Or just wait for the throw and tech.

Crazy Vipers are hard to give good consistent advice on how to fight, she has lots of cheap specials but her normals really suck. Cammy can uppercut most burn kicks.

Viper doesn’t have a slide, but she has the aerial burning kick.

Usually people play 2/3’s because that’s the standard, but in lobbies longer sets are common to reduce wait times between matches (no rematch button). Some people like large lobbies because of variety, some people want to grind and don’t enjoy waiting for everyone else to play.