SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

I’m on both systems, but I’ve heard your connection isn’t stellar, and the distance between us is. We can try though.

I also made a video of the combo since you wanted it before you edited your post =)
Gems further optimised to do 994 damage.

[media=youtube]0MlB15W6Fxg[/media]
Actually I’ve been thinking about starting a combo challenge. Max damage combos for all teams with and without gems, with and without pandora. With leaderboards and vids. Question is, would ppl participate in such a challenge?

Man I really need to find a good pointman for Ogre. I’m still liking Bryan/Ogre but I feel theirs probably someone out there better for him, been thinking about maybe Jin or Alisa.

How can you play Xiao on point? Even though my Xiao is a lot better than my Cammy, I still have her hide behind Cammy, then I can get a free Xiao mixup off any jab confirm.

well I can give you Vega/Hugo and Vega/Gief team combos but in all honestly the main combo “do-er” would be Vega. As Gief and Hugo dont have very good tag combos. I can do more damage using a super with Hugo solo than tagging.

but like i said above… 1275 is the max so far with Vega. and that’s solo with pandora and gems.

Edit: making sure it’s 1275

Edit part 2: found new gem… might be able to beat it with 3 30% gems instead of 2 30% gems and a 20% gem

Edit part 3: 1309 is new top so far

Edit 4: confirmed 1309 is most Vega can do under any circumstance except against a maskless Vega

You should watch the videos posted on the media thread more often. I already showed this a while ago. Also showed a bunch of other ways Pandora can be used. btw this is not specific to Xiaoyu or Juri, any character with a projectile invincible super and/or with enough startup and range can do the same thing.

Not trying to be a jerk and I’m all for exploring the mechanics (and I encourage you to keep exploring it and sharing your findings). But it is kind of annoying when people ignore the research and labwork you have contributed…

Cool! I’ll make a thread with the combo challenge soon. Just need to figure out the rules so that things will be interesting. Maskless Vega is obviously banned.

Btw, maskless Vega is not enough. Equip maskless vega with Easy Input and Pandora Extend (the ones that give defense decrease), and your own character with Pandora Power and Super Boost Effect for little over 205% damage. Three 30% gems would do even more.

Or you can EX Shooting star>c. fierce>L/M Hakkesho>sweep x2.

Tbh, your video is what started all the pandora labwork on here. That LordWilliam even thought of this is definitely an effect thereof.
Btw the video was even posted in the general discussion thread so I don’t think anyone has missed it. And damn them if they did =)

Then it would be better to do EX Shooting Star, LP Hakkesho, cr.HP xx LP/MP Hakkesho, cr.HK.

Huh, I didn’t even know that was a combo, thanks. I have never messed with this Pandora Xiao thing you are talking about, but in regular situations I would rather do M Hakkesho>sweep CADC sweep, for the corner carry/California roll shenanigans.

It doesn’t have anything to do with pandora. It’s her BNB off EX shooting star. It ends with sweep so you have access to the same shenanigans. Sweep CADC sweep is only good for switching sides.

EDIT: the reason you want to avoid sweep until the last hit is that it ups the juggle count by 2 instead of 1 since the patch.

I am saying I would rather do your combo in the Pandora situation and mine for the regular combo situation, because I like the longer corner carry over the extra ~15-20 damage; it’s MY BnB. I also use CADC for tons of her combos, especially for switch cancels.

I dunno how I do it to be honest. It feels like she has a lot of bad match-ups especially bad when doesn’t have the meter to get in. She has some really good match-ups though like Guile for example. Her movement speed is at least good so she can get in with a little work. Her st. :lp: is good enough to establish pressure with so it’s not impossible to get a combo started for your partner to get in. Just vs footsie characters like Julia, Cammy, Cody or Chun-Li it can be a bit of a struggle for her on point.

well it should be about how much damage someone can do… not about how much damage that can be done to someone. Just for giggles tho i’ll max it out.

This Guy/Hwoarang team is doin wayy better than i thought now that i practiced my footsies

I haven’t fought you in a while. I’m curious.

im on like a 15 game win streak in endless lolol

Nice. I guess I gotta try to go in there and stop that. :smiley:

1: room is full and 2: koji stopped me at 19 lol, pandora alisa is no match for the power of Guy to say SCREW GRAVITY

I hear that guy si really good in XT, what makes him so good?

ok the cheap high is 1668 with Vega