SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

You’re an interesting guy.

If Smash gets moved to be the last game of EVO, that will be great.
I will get to watch SFV finals at a reasonable time!

10 Likes

I’m sorry to be so NRS focussed today, but this tweet from a senior artist at NRS is interesting.

8 Likes

After last year’s stalling debacle Wiz would really have to show some colors to make Smash the final Evo game. They likely got at least one year of timeout regardless.

1 Like

My biggest weakness is probably leaving damage on the table by missing confirms. Also dealing with corner pressure. It all ties into the main problem of panicking during intense situations playing right into the opponents gameplan.

2 Likes

Smash players cried and complained to get to evo.

Then cried and complained to get back.

Then cried and complained to be on sunday for one of their games.

Then cried and complained to switch the games on sunday.

Then cried and complained the last year one of their games was at Evo during the finals:

The smash players cried and complained about the finals mirror. The people in the finals cried and complained while playing it.

So given all that, what can you reasonably expect to happen?

cry and complain =/ having your game/passion put on the spotlight of the biggest event in that community.

2 Likes

Yeah Wiz will you hold you up to some accountability. He shills out for 3 anime games, but not that far.

Its worked for them so far. It’ll continue working too. Smash money gonna be crazy.

I’ll see Smash last game when I see it, but I think that’s one of the few things beyond Wiz.

Naw I’m saying your wording is off, asking to have your game put on a spotlight is diff to crying and complaining. Take the stick out of your ass regarding Smash for once old man.

3 Likes

I guess we gotta rewrite the history of smash wanting to be all up in the FGC.

Remember when smash players were gonna start playing Skullgirls? Pepperidge Farms Remembers.

why does it matter to you what they play, Tekken also has little crossover, stop bein weird

1 Like

Still a foreign community that cried itself into a different infrastructure, used it for their needs and then offered nothing in return.

On top of it still not being a fighting game. About as much a fighting game as Mario Kart in VS mode.

:man_shrugging:

Luckily I don’t do any TO stuff so I can just not pay Smashers any mind and watch them do the next stupid thing thinking they’ll get final game at next Evo. They’re parasitic, but Evo obviously does need them because they’ve always brought ant colony worthy numbers even to locals compared to regular fighting game stuff.

^This 100%

Capcom has just 2 previous version of Makoto, there’s almost no fear of having a less spicy version of her like SFV Cody or Sakura are. It’s all on looking at what is still there and what not, like Ibuki and I could deal with it. I’m trying to not overthinking too much tbh, how good Makoto can fit in this game is also the reason why Capcom can decide otherwise. She’s a difficult character to make and balance, dunno if Woshige and his peers had the guts to take this challenge.

I say overall its only a bust if she’s worse than Laura (who’s still a threat any way). Either way it’ll still be impossible for her to not play like Makoto generally to begin with. Still gonna be mostly short buttoned character with OD dash unless they go for Vega levels of reinventing. She’s basically always been a SFV character so not much to screw up other than picky character loyalist stuff.

With the kara changes she’ll likely get kara karakusa back in some form.

1 Like

I don’t anymore either. The torrent of horseshit that happened to me was insane. like 2,000 words worth of crazy.

But that’s really what they are. They turned a multiplayer game into a sort of 1v1 one with a culture that’s completely separate from this one. Bizarre stuff on a lot of stuff.

I mean every community was originally separate, if Smash had an arcade release around the time TOs kicked off I’m sure it would have popped up in events when they were starting out.

It’s cool to say you wanna stagnate the growth of a collective community. Some smash players are weird, so are some SF players. You just hate the fact people play Smash for some reason, just tryna say you’re weird for it init.

Yeah well as long as they keep to their corner.