SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

Speaking of which, is been a while, I will have Chinese new years vacation soon, you owe me a run back.

1 Like

Someone needs to make a “Street Fighter Character Cycle” image in the vein of the Sonic Cycle. New character is introduced, most people bitch they aren’t a classic character, later the same people complain the “new” character isn’t in the sequel, rinse/repeat. I played SF3 when it came out. Some many people complained about there being all new characters. Then when SF4 comes out, people start begging for SF3 Characters. I didn’t have a problem with it personally because I always liked those characters but I found it funny. Same thing with Mika, no one played her in SFA3.

3 Likes

Yeah people had no idea of what they really want and some had a hard time expressing it. They end up creating inappropriate in noise the community like asking for the what if and should if characters that the only appeal is being part of roster just to represent and bandwagon a cause or trend but they really aren’t interested in it other than the momentary impression of being part of it like petitions of Waluigi, Shaggy and etc.

Harada say it well.

We want to make all the characters popular, but sometimes it’s difficult. Statistical data sets us the reality. Of course, we do not decide everything with just ranking such as usage rate. However, there is an aspect that usage rate data becomes one big indicator/Judgment material (Popularity and usage rate are different depending on the region, as integrated data).
Naturally I know that there are fans in each character, That is why we feel our responsibility. And sometimes I feel sad (like fans, as fans). Example…Personally, I loved Marduk’s game play. However, it is also statistically true that he (Marduk) could not gain much support from fans.
If we only decide everything on statistical data such as usage rate, I’ll not read individual opinions etc…in SNS. For example, Jun was low in usage outside North America, but when TAG 2 it was made to re-appear in Roster with reference to the opinion of SNS. (However, although it was difficult to say that much support was obtained…).
Again, Of course it is our fault that we could not make some characters popular. But If I could ask you one thing, I’d like to ask for your support strongly when the character is “Active”. Please. I think it would be a matter of course to make a noise when the character is out of the Roster, but the result would have been different if the character was getting the same support when it was active. So please show me your love (for your favorite character) rather than to cry or anger, If it possible.

I am more than ok with Menat being in every future SF games from here to eternity

6 Likes

Fuck that. Rose is and will always remain the premiere fortune teller of SF.

Characters from SF5 that I think should become recurring.

Rashid
FANG

And maybe Necalli with a soft reinvention/reboot.

Honorable mentions: Abigail

1 Like

Nah Menat is too good and too unique to be a one-off. She’ll be back and better than ever in the next game and every game after.

1 Like

I dont get this logic, Rose will remain as the fortune teller premiere for all SF longevity because she was indeed the first one to debut, doesnt mean we cant have both though and they still differ from each other in a lot of ways from visuals and gameplay.

Might as well say Sakura or Akuma shouldnt be in because Ryu is the premier shoto /shrug

1 Like

I don’t see why Daemos is so mad at Menat. She went out of her way to try and give Bison a nice fortune! Probably the only one who ever wanted to give Bison a present.

She’s a good girl~

This is why I laughed bout people asking for Lei to be added in Tekken. All that bitching for “mah legacy characters” and ain’t nobody gonna use him.

1 Like

Who has the best on block mixups in sf5?

Who has the best on hit mixups in sf5?

Who has the best oki pressure in sf5?

No need to be super accurate, I just don’t really have a clue about these things but I want to take a look at characters that have these things.

On block is probably rashid and bison. Kinda want to put Abigail here. Feel like if I’m blocking he’s gonna open me. Probably add Mika and gief here too, don’t wanna be blocking their shit.

On hit? Gief, sakura, necalli, Kage are the only ones that get standing mixups after buttons or specials.

Best oki pressure Karin, ibuki, gief, Bison, akuma, Mika, necalli.

1 Like

Gief can threaten the longest range grab mixup on block in V

Uhh…on hit is probably Mika

Oki is possibly Karin, Rashid, Akuma

1 Like

To be fair with my post I also request non-existing character but I try to include a gameplay idea on it that seems fun that worked in in other fighting games along with brand new gameplan to the game.

The problem with Abigail was his standing stance that the screen size needed to change just for him, If they did make him knell slightly like Juggernaut and Abubu in Rage in Dragons .

FANG would return as guarantee. Capcom liked him.

I hope to see more of Zeku and Kolin.

Like I give a shit about her background. I just want her because she is scorching hot

I like pretty much all the newcomers besides Abi and Rashid. Rashid is generic and boring, and for some reason I don’t like big bodies that aren’t Gief.

If I had to pick my 3 recurring characters I’d say Laura, Necalli, Kolin. Maybe Menat too but only if her presence doesn’t interfere with Rose.

2 Likes

Newcomers I want the most back are Menat, Laura, Zeku, Falke, G and Kolin.

I also wouldnt mind the other newcomers coming back, they all have something cool and are certainly better than the SF4 newcomers (sans Juri and Viper). Necalli is probably the one I wouldnt want back but would still take him over El Fuerte.

Also would want Psycho Power Gorilla to come back if he gets released this season, pls put in the Gorilla in S4

1 Like

What about blanka VT? Good or just gimmicks? Urien Trigger stuff? Idk I don’t really rate uriens trigger stuff because no one seems to be able to apply it consistently. Blanka seems like it’s his world. I agree with all your guys picks.

Looks like bison/rashid/maybe Karin take top spots as they were named for multiple categories.

I like Karin but I think she’s pretty trash without the low confirm. Like playing half a character. Rashid is doable, so is bison. I’d probably pick rashid first though. Maybe blanka if he isn’t totally trash outside v trigger.

Oh yeah Zeku is another good one. I omitted G because I assumed he would be replaced by Q in later games.

Necalli needs a small moveset overhaul imo but I like his permanent install.

Turns out Jiren is a rich blond girl.
I wasn’t expecting this to be honest.

9 Likes

The only returning characters among the newcomers I see with a chance of coming back are Rashid and Menat for both gameplay and story reasons, most of them look that they were purposely created to be flavors of the episode.

Other than that, not really a problem with them save for the ones that are the same function on a unnecessary different envelope (Abigail, Zeku, G) that give Soulcalibur V vibe.