SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Well, SF4 had in the start cast Zangief, Abel, El Fuerte and (i know is a stretch) Honda

They added later T.Hawk, Hugo, Hakan

Birdie seem to be an hybrid, with throws but a lot of other stuff
Alex will be an hybrid grappler-brawler with decent mobility
R.Mika can be a speedy grappler a la El Fuerte maybe
Zangief potentially is the only slow huge pure grappler all power

Actually if thy’re all in it will make sense

Retsu would make a great power hitter like Makoto. Maybe give him a couple grabs. Have his story be similar to Sagat, wanting to defeat the dragon punch. Maybe give him a similar 3 frame move. No fire balls please! He can be an anti shoto.

have you heard gouken or sakura? xD

Most of the English voices in SF4 sounded awful. Honorable mentions - Akuma, Gouken, Ryu, Ken, Oni, Guy, Dan, Makoto, El Fuerte, Juri and Rose. Others are bad too, but not AS bad as these ones I mentioned.

I hope they still consider Haggar, Sodom, Blanka and Dhalsim.

**Both lists to make it visually easier to compare

Old "leak"
Ryu
Chun
Bison
Nash
Birdie
Cammy
R Mika
Gief
Sim
Juri
Karin
Ken
Alex
Laura
Rashid
Zen
New boss
New "leak"
Ryu
Chun Li
Nash
Bison
Cammy
Birdie
Eagle
Ken
Akuma
Si-won (NEW): Korean Hapkido grappler, reveal at GDC
Karin
Dhalsim
Sabrina (NEW): German femme fatale, reveal at TGS
Urien
Lucia (NEW): Dive kick character from Final Fight. reveal in October around GDC China and Brazil Game Show time
Juri
Sakura
Alex
Guile
Zephyr (NEW): Boss character, reveal before launch

And why not strider?? Morrigan? Mega man? Oro???

As far as someone who hasn’t been in SF yet, I want Gotetsu. And give him the Metsu attack he did to Gouki on Assassins Fist (When Akuma was dazed against the tree) as an ULT1. And make to where he’s sort of a … I don’t know. Let’s say a Gouken clone. You know kind of Shoto but kind of not. Because we can do without another full on Shoto clone.

And it would be nice to see Volcano Rosso again.

Keep preaching my brother! Nice to see another Retsu fan. There is a ton of potential with his character, he could be a very fresh face for SFV with a fighting style (kenpo) never before displayed.

Not gonna happen unless Capcom somehow contacts Arika and buys the rights to use that character for one more game

Agreed x100. Akuma/Oni’s English voice makes me want to eat a bullet

Agreed, I think Goutetsu would be sick if Capcom made him visually distinct and made his moveset have a shotokan basis but play out very differently.

for Chun-li voice I point it at horrible voice direction cause Laura Bailey did Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood and she was fine in that. Capcom should get FMA brotherhood’s voice director.

I’m cool with R. Mika, Juri, Alex and Sakura plus new characters.
Eagle and Urien never did anything for me personally. Ken and Akuma just makes me yawn. Although it’d be cool to see what Ken could be changed into.
Why Sim over Oro? I think Oro would be more interesting in this game
Why Guile when you already have Nash?

As for the new characters I like the names Lucia, Zen and Si-Won
I can’t really see Rashid, Laura as Street Fighter names for some reason. But then again I don’t see Rufus as a Street Fighter name either, haha

Nash plays nothing like Guile, and for story reasons…

It’s been awhile since I played as/against Gouken but from what I recall his voice had a sort of “warm old man” feel to it which fits with the whole wise mentor thing. As for Sakura she sounds how you’d expect a tomboyish teenage girl to sound.

My point is if you want to play ‘Guile’ pick Nash in SF5
Nash is already 100 times cooler than Guile could ever hope to be.
You’d have to completely redesign Guile to make him interesting at this point.

It would be pretty bad ass list if you combined both lists actually. Would include the three shotos for shoto lovers (and you KNOW 90% of casual players will want one of those 3) and 6 new characters.

I actually dont even own a PS4, but if Capcom said “guys, the combined list is the final roster”, I would actually take out some of my kids college funds, buy a PS4 and preorder that shit NOW. About 25 characters seems like a good start to me.

CAPCOM…BRING US 35+ GUYS BACK THE FEELING WE HAD WHEN THAT WAS THE FIRST LEVEL:) WHEN WE HAD TO LITERALLY WHACK A MOLE THE JAB STRONG FIERCE!!! BRING BACK RETSU!