SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

I suspecting the last part isn’t wearing an armor just another slightly fancy uniform. I just hope it won’t be an alternate brainwash version of other existing characters that had appeared in USF4. I hope that’s a Secret Society guy!!

Edit: Nevermind

Had a thought about Season 3 the other day. LONG POST AHEAD

[details=Spoiler]I have the feeling that we’re definitely getting 6 characters, as that number works well for Capcom. With Season 2 being all new characters, Season 1 is likely more indicative of how Capcom intends to structure a set of returning characters.
[list]
[] Alex: Wasn’t in USF4
[
] Guile: Story Relevant/Classic
[] Balrog: Story Relevant/Classic
[
] Ibuki: Fan Favorite
[] Juri: Fan Favorite
[
] Urien: Wasn’t in USF4
[/list]
You could also break the list down into game of origin (3 SF3, 2 SF2, 1 SF4), but I don’t think that’s a major factor beyond parts of the 3S roster not making it into USF4. In the above group, we have 3 main categories with 2 characters each; I have the feeling that this is how Capcom internally balances out the DLC cast. Of note is the Story/Classic category; I could see the category going either way, as Guile and Balrog happen to be story relevant because Bison was the boss of SF2. For clarity’s sake, I’ll define 4 categories, but know that the story character pool and the classic character pool compete with one another and have some overlap. I’ll also be sorting the characters by popularity so you can get an idea of how relatively large the demand is for each character.

Characters not in USF4 or SFV as of Season 2:
[list]
[] Q
[
] Ingrid
[] Maki
[
] Juni/Juli
[] Sodom
[
] Remy
[] Oro
[
] Sean
[] Eagle
[
] Geki
[] Necro
[
] Twelve
[] Gill
[
] Retsu
[] Joe
[
] Lee
[*] Mike
[/list]

Story Relevant Characters (kind of subjective)
[list]
[] Sagat (for Ryu)
[
] Rose (for Shadowloo)
[] C.Viper (for Shadowloo/Illuminati)
[
] Oro (for Ryu)
[] Abel (for Shadowloo)
[
] Necro (for Illuminati)
[*] Gill (for Illuminati)
[/list]

SF2/SSF2 Characters not in SFV
[list]
[] Sagat
[
] Blanka
[] Fei Long
[
] E. Honda
[] Dee Jay
[
] T. Hawk
[/list]

Top 11 Popular Characters not in SFV
[list]
[] Sakura
[
] Sagat
[] Q
[
] Cody
[] Poison
[
] Dudley
[] Blanka
[
] E. Ryu (lol)
[] Makoto
[
] Fei Long
[*] Guy
[/list]

So going by the 2/2/2 formula, I have a handful of guesses as to what’s going on for Season 3
[list]
[] Sagat is definitely getting in, just about everything is leading towards that. If he’s getting in on popularity, I’d see Sakura or Q being the other character in that category. If we’re talking about story, that leaves a spot for Rose or Viper. Out of the SF2 characters, the only other ones I see getting in with Sagat are Fei and Blanka.
[
] Interestingly, Q is the last really popular character who never made the jump to USF4 or SFV. His chances for S3 are pretty high. With him as “out there” picks are Ingrid, Maki, Juni/Juli (might be irrelevant if we get a Doll this season), and Sodom. Also bear in mind that, just by the nature of this category’s obscurity, popularity means relatively little because you have characters like Eagle and Retsu who never had a spotlight to begin with.
[] Leaving out Sagat (as he’s only 1 slot), the only SF2 characters I see getting in are Fei and Blanka, since those two are much more popular than their contemporaries. Sakura and Q are both really popular and can make it in if Sagat is inserted under the guise of a classic character. The story group is a bit odd, because there are 2 main directions Capcom can take it: Rose/Viper are good for completing the Shadowloo side of things, while Oro and Gill would be good for moving the story into the SF3 era.
[
] Oh yeah, I can’t leave out Final Fight! I used to think Cody was a shoe-in, but Ed seems offer much of what Cody would bring to the table in terms of gameplay and personality anyway. Sodom and Poison are both villains that a lot of people would be excited for, while Guy/Maki are solid protagonist picks.
[*] While new characters are a big part of the S2 marketing, there’s still nothing stopping Capcom from adding more “new” characters down the line like Goutetsu, Haggar, or the like. While I kept all the speculation to characters that were playable at some point, I can’t ignore the possibility of any curveballs next year.
[/list][/details]

I dont think we’ll be getting new characters next season, but yeah, nothing stopping them from adding more of them later down the line.

From popularity I’d say it would be: Sagat, Sakura, Q. For story purposes, probably: Rose, Viper, Oro. Wouldnt be too surprised if that was our season 3.

S3

Money: Sagat
Money: Sakura
Money: Q
Story: Rose
Story: Oro
Wild Card: New character/classic SF2/obscure character

S4 (aka last character season)

Will either be REALLY safe with SF2 characters or it will have only 3 characters, one of which will be Gill. Maybe Oni. This is the ‘headswap’ era.

What I wanted updated in SFV if character would return
[list]
[] I want Oro in SFV projectile moving diagonal instead of horizontal to make him differ from other traditional horizontal projectile users. like Dr Fate in Injustice 2
[
] I want Fei long have play style and mix-up like Iron fist in UMVC3 .
[*] Gill to play slight differ from Urien, from projectile and different angle normals but have similar start up animations, **What I mean by differ is that the new specials and normals is still inspired from previous stuff not something that is just different.
**[/list]

Things I want to see in SFV
[list]
[] Oro vs Dhalsim
[
] Kolin vs Viper
[] Blanka vs Necro - They are not clones
[
] Bison vs Gill
[] Sagat vs Urien or Fang
[
] Haggar vs Zangief -(Haggar does play differently from normals and other special) the only common distinction between the two is the pile drive and spinning clothesline, This are only 2 moves similar including normals, supers and special, while other true clone characters have more than 3 similarities from each other.
[/list]

Story and plot I want to be resolve, expanded and explored in SFV
[list]
[] T hawk and Noembelu
[
] Delta Red
[] Necro and Effie
[
] Tom
[*] Byron
[/list]

Characters I want to be revisted
[list]
[] Sodom
[
] Eagle
[] Haggar
[
] Maki
[/list]

Fighting style I want to see
[list]
[] Lee- Drunken Master
[
] Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
[*] A Dual Character - should be Xianyu and Jianyu together
[/list]

Make it happen Capcom.

I hope for Season 4 if they do go the whole classic characters route that they split it up evenly from the main series so 2 SF2, 2 SF3, 2 SF4. If they include Aloha maybe they could cut into II or III.

I been thinking Sarai as well. Kinda hoping I’m wrong but if Capcom does Sarai right. I would be very happy. Sarai has always been one of my favorite side characters in the SF universe. I appreciate the friendship she has with Ibuki

Random guess about possible “new” character

-I’ve read rumor (usually are bullshit) about #4 girl being a char named Menat from egypt.
Tbh i will very ok with it, i take that 10 times over Shitzuki doll lol
Maybe a super stereotype Cleopatra on that vibe

It can even make sese the “cat” like head shape as it was a very symbolic/holy animal for ancient egypt

But again, rumors (specially SFV ones) often end up being bullshit

Said that Philipina Pencak Silat > Egypt cat >>> Shitzuki

-Fuck sarai, we already have Sakura and Makoto as possible japgirls

-Another rumor want Rose’s Apprentice to be female, in this case fuck her too and give me Rose

https://img.memesuper.com/4ede5923a093d7c94b5a6279665e3ada_come-at-me-bro-anteater-bro-quickmeme-anteater-meme-come-at-me-bro_625-838.jpeg

If Capcom want a female Filipino fighter please not that stuff, A (Filipino Women) Filipina that is interested in martial arts are very rare to be associated with Pencak Silat.

If a Filipina would go with martial arts that’s not the popular choice or a recommendation and in fact many didn’t even known Pencak Silat exist that includes males. It’s not a household word like judo, ninjutsu, wrestling, taekwondo and karate in their respective country origins.

If Capcom want a random martial arts, The easiest and realistic is a male as a Filipino representative because a modern day Filipino man that exist in the past 30 years/3 decades ago is more likely enthusiastic into martial arts like Boxing(Manny Paquiao), Taekwondo, Mu Thai, Karate and Judo base from the influential Filipino actor, Filipino movies and Olympic achievers of that era and until now.

Arnis and Balisong is the more realistic choice for traditional filipino combat discipline until now.

If they want below twenties teens that are men, they are into Parkour.

Filipinos from weapons and martial arts:

Spoiler

Filipino Mysticism is has major impact to their wars in the history:

Spoiler

[quote=“The_Shakunetsu, post:19846, topic:175569”]

Now let’s proceed to the mystical and mysterious side of the Philippines, If Rose had abilities of divination, while India had Yoga meditation and Japanese had Ninjas. Philippines had their incantation paired with anting-anting or agimat, A culture practice that is still used by some other men until this age and time, This necklace charm or amulet relic like make some Filipinos believe that gives them remarkable agility(parkour) and protection from bullets. User of this object and practitioners often exhibit it’s given powers by using jungle bolo onto them after a reciting a certain incantation. Those abilities however is also found from Chinese’s qigong masters. The qigong masters gains extraordinary abilities by changing his yin and yang through meditation, while the the agimat users just use charms and does incantation.

Despite of some charms have crave religious images it is still forbidden known demonic, evil and dangerous because of it is to have a cost and the said forbidden by the teachings of a prominent belief because it is a pagan practice. There are a lots charlatans that sold agimats and anti-anting in the streets and the city but according to it’s true mythos it is done only to sincere mediation for a specific time to caves in the mountains of a place called Siquijor were spirits dwells and witches. Some are considered family treasure kept secret that is passed to there latter generation.
-editted stuff-*

https://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/5692048-zangief+fat+durability+(4).gif

it’s also associated to many fictional filipino stories like

Pepeng Agimat, Pedro Penduko, Darna(an orphan girl that turns into a wonder woman look alike after using agimat) and alot more stories

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1208714/?ref_=nv_sr_1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Penduko

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darna

There is even a real life story of a criminal named Nardong Putik, putik means mud in English.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nardong_Putik

According to a rumored legend(probably not true) that he uses an agimat or anting-anting that need a certain incantation to transform him into mud or maybe command the mud to cover him. kinda rare idea of agimat because agimat is commonly known for them to give protection and extraordinary agility. He was shot to death.

In fact it was part of their history even before any other culture influence in their country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c5NkNqYw0A

And then about Filipino location:

Spoiler

The CFN profile specified a male apprentice. You’re getting Soul Power V.Rosso whether you like it or not.

God I freaking hope not.

It’s one thing to be a stereotype. It’s another thing to be a stereotype that hasn’t even existed for 1000 years.

If you’re going to be racist Capcom, at least don’t be anachronistically racist.

Yeah, but those weren’t the martial arts used in the Raid movies, so who gives a shit?

If they do bring a female character from Egypt, I’d rather it not be a flaming stereotype

Those were a lot, that is more realistic, cultural and still used until now. Not something of those that are only a thing of the past or just a moment in history.

If Capcom would associate foreign martial arts it should been more realistic or at least from the past 3 decades up to the modern day preferences and influences of a Filipino or a Filipina to make the choice relevant.

Why past 3 decades? because it is were the beginning of SF timeline is likely inspired in our reality. I’m trying to be realistic than patriotic in my suggestions.

[quote=“The_Shakunetsu, post:20721, topic:175569”]

If Capcom want a female Filipino fighter please not that stuff, A (Filipino Women) Filipina that is interested in martial arts are very rare to be associated with Pencak Silat.

If a Filipina would go with martial arts that’s not the popular choice or a recommendation and in fact many didn’t even known Pencak Silat exist that includes males. It’s not a household word like judo, ninjutsu, wrestling, taekwondo and karate in their respective country origins.

If Capcom want a random martial arts, The easiest and realistic is a male as a Filipino representative because a modern day Filipino man that exist in the past 30 years/3 decades ago is more likely enthusiastic into martial arts like Boxing(Manny Paquiao), Taekwondo, Mu Thai, Karate and Judo base from the influential Filipino actor, Filipino movies and Olympic achievers of that era and until now.

Arnis and Balisong is the more realistic choice for traditional filipino combat discipline until now.

If they want below twenties teens that are men, they are into Parkour.

Filipinos from weapons and martial arts:

Spoiler

Filipino Mysticism is has major impact to their wars in the history:

Spoiler

[quote=“The_Shakunetsu, post:19846, topic:175569”]

Now let’s proceed to the mystical and mysterious side of the Philippines, If Rose had abilities of divination, while India had Yoga meditation and Japanese had Ninjas. Philippines had their incantation paired with anting-anting or agimat, A culture practice that is still used by some other men until this age and time, This necklace charm or amulet relic like make some Filipinos believe that gives them remarkable agility(parkour) and protection from bullets. User of this object and practitioners often exhibit it’s given powers by using jungle bolo onto them after a reciting a certain incantation. Those abilities however is also found from Chinese’s qigong masters. The qigong masters gains extraordinary abilities by changing his yin and yang through meditation, while the the agimat users just use charms and does incantation.

Despite of some charms have crave religious images it is still forbidden known demonic, evil and dangerous because of it is to have a cost and the said forbidden by the teachings of a prominent belief because it is a pagan practice. There are a lots charlatans that sold agimats and anti-anting in the streets and the city but according to it’s true mythos it is done only to sincere mediation for a specific time to caves in the mountains of a place called Siquijor were spirits dwells and witches. Some are considered family treasure kept secret that is passed to there latter generation.
-editted stuff-*

https://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/5692048-zangief+fat+durability+(4).gif

it’s also associated to many fictional filipino stories like

Pepeng Agimat, Pedro Penduko, Darna(an orphan girl that turns into a wonder woman look alike after using agimat) and alot more stories

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1208714/?ref_=nv_sr_1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Penduko

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darna

There is even a real life story of a criminal named Nardong Putik, putik means mud in English.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nardong_Putik

According to a rumored legend(probably not true) that he uses an agimat or anting-anting that need a certain incantation to transform him into mud or maybe command the mud to cover him. kinda rare idea of agimat because agimat is commonly known for them to give protection and extraordinary agility. He was shot to death.

In fact it was part of their history even before any other culture influence in their country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c5NkNqYw0A

And then about Filipino location:

Spoiler

[/quote]

While i apprecciate your attention to be close to the regional trends, for good or for bad that’s not how SF work

As martial arts, we already got 2 boxers, a Korean (Juri) for TKD, at some point surely a Thai (Sagat) for MT, and even one for “parkour” as martial art (Rashid)
And if we get a judoka, tbh i dout Capcom will aim at Philippines
Even for Arnis stick fighting (wich imho it was a perfect candidate), i fear this very requested dude may get that spot

Keep in mind that rarely SF goes for how locals see themselves but more how rest of the world does

In other words, i’m sure there are x10 turkish boxers, kickboxers, judokas, “normal” wrestlers… yet Hakan got Oil Wrestling because it’s “characteristic” and worked well to rep the nation in SF design building

Same for not being a female… i’m sure there fight sports on some level are a male majority thing in philippines… but to be real it’s the same everywhere i guess.
Capcom does it for cast diversity and because internet whiners cry at sausage fest also in games with relatively generous % of females

I guessed Pencak Silat because if i have to think at Malay Archipelago area in a SF game first thing (second, Arnis/Eskrima was first due Dan Inosanto in Game of Death*) in my mind are Iko Uwais movies like Merantau or the Raid that made PS a “new” popular thing in martial arts world

I know Indonesia-PS is the correct combination, but as foreigner myself i will not be incredibly surprised if they give PS to a Malay Archipelago (so Philippines being a candidate) char

This imho is what SF will typically take as start point for a chara design build up

There you got characteristic uniform, stances, movements and cultural vibe… wich if you think even at most recent chars is the first thing they search

In other words i feel that if they want a philipino char they may easier switch to let’s say Indonesia rather than d

*wich was probably part of inspiration for Eagle, as Eagle himself got the look from a Bruce Lee movie villain

Tbh with “Cleopatra” i don’t mean make-her-ancient-queen-of-Egypt, as long your female egyptian char is hot and got that haircut/eyes make-up combo the visual link is done…
Kinda same way Urien manage to give ancient Greek/Roman vibe even in his SFV modern suit

I wish, as V.Rosso-anything is guaranteed win, but tbh the gender was never said iirc
CFN stay generic

I think it was in story thread somebody recently reported the rumor of Rose’s apprentice being female, like somewhere in last two pages

I know there are already a lot of those kind of Martial Arts, I’m not requesting a Filipino character to along those what I am pointing out, was if there were foriegn martial arts those probably would be the realistic choices, that’s why I believe it’s not the time for a Filipino character if it would be implemented in a very non-filipino way other than “race” not in ways.

The reality is most of Filipino Women/Filipina isn’t like those anime slender glamour girl fighters, or like a youthful female trying prove something to world with fist or weapons, yet that may be in so very very rare occasion, unlike japanese women that are trained in school and youth to do a specialize martial arts. If they would choose to be trained with a foriegn combat practices it is for self defense, Pencak Sikat isn’t among the top ten choices and even many isn’t aware of that.

To be honest I myself would prefer Eagle than a Filipino character using Arnis, for SFV or another game before SF3 timeline game, but If Capcom would push a traditional Filipino using a combat practice in his/her country… Arnis, Mano-Mano and Balisong is the best while Pencak Silat as a representation isn’t a good idea because it’s like pushing something that shouldn’t be there.

Capcom should rather choose other race if they want a Pencak Silat character. They could just do an indonesian or other south east asian character that fits Pencak Silat rather than a race that isn’t into it. It’s a waste for a first Filipino character if ever.

I like a Filipino SF character but at least it should be as realistic and natural to it’s timeline existence like Juri, Makoto, Honda, Blanka, Sagat, Ryu, Cody and Guile that reflects there realistic ways than just being there. I could wait for years for a relevant character even with a small plot. If not is the time I’m okay with that rather than wasting it.

fuc u, i want girl Anakaris

You act like that’s a bad thing