SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Raioh’s past story was just compatible with the character, wich ultimately was in some ways more an anti-hero than a pure villain

His older brother (and true final big bad villain) Kaioh was closer to Bison conceptually.
He had a shitty story… not “bad”, but too small scale and personal compared to the devil he was supposed to be

On reality HNK ever had a bit of contrast between the epic scale/vibe given by the visual look of everything and the someway “intimate” and personal vibe of characters stories

Most of main chars are related or at least know each others since childhood… well, after all the first half of HNK is the gigantic version of two rival martial arts schools

Keeping manga i like how Berserk present the past of this or that char, it really add depth to them and give them a “true”, theyr own past separated from the point where they enter the story, meeting other characters.
It give the right vibe of the world being a big place full of peoples and stories

I liked SFV Kolin’s story being a berserk tribute

Why is the Storythread in the character request thread now?
Did I miss some kind of fusion or do you try to gain new members?

Char request is the new story thread, and we do it sitting on Daemos corpse
Story thread is where i request V.Rosso, characters and color edit
SFV general is where peoples interrupt OT with gameplay stuff, and i drop random tribal rituals to play down Byron’s chances

Get the fucking memo pls

@Cestus You know? V.Rosso was the overpowered evil son of Ryu and Chun in a HK manga very well known 20yrs ago in Italy, but that part of the story was never translated because the publishing house go bankrupt. The part of that manga I’ve loved the most was the Dictator backstory where’s explained where the psycho powers come from and why his name is Vega. Wasn’t canon,but was a masterpiece. Casually they’ve already connected Dictator and Alex,but there Alex was his illegitimate son. Ahh, the ol’ days

I’m in accord with this as well.

There is one detail that I would use as a jumping off point for an origins story about Dictator:

They should explore who exactly this “Ancient One” is. Although, it could very well be Necalli.
It couldn’t be Akuma, he is not ancient.

It could be Oro. Or Gill. Or someone else entirely.

I like Twelve character to return now but I don’t think Capcom would try harder to make his X.C.O.P.Y super worked in game and they knew it would be demanded along with him as package but I believe Twelve without that would worked because he had his own special and other SA.

If Capcom couldn’t return Twelve in SFV they could bring in individual character alternates that begins with an intro of Twelve shape-shifting/morphing as one of the SFV characters as a tribute to his XCOPY.

Necro should be in as Uriens herald for awhile before being free from Secret Society Control.

I’m glad that they made Bison to a more Doom like persona in SF4 but there are a lot more inspiration to reinforce a stronger Bison character.

I like the complication of the origin story of the Joker and Vandal Savage in DC that remains vague and unknown that everything have been told could be, some could be or never did happen that would be interesting for the Bison part making him more ambiguous. Like knowing a tale about him through Rose knowledge and perspective not through him personally, then latter someone would used it against Bison but with a surprising twist that the tale did happen but it is pointless because it was the experience from one of the previous body that the Bison entity used that Rose mistaken and confused.

Bison was already a Vandal Savage of Sf universe in the previous iteration of his stories but he needs to reveal more depth that would lead to more mysteries. A surprising depth that many would believe they know but they would be lead to more horrific understanding. I don’t want Bison to end up like Orochimaru, Rasha al Ghul or Magneto which is meh.

Akuma having a brother like Gouken can only make him mysterious from being an anomaly, Gray man and SNH dependent, then Bison from origin and power while Gill and Urien for there organization origin.

The only ancient character in the SF canon is Necalli. Everyone else is really old.

Over my dead fucking body!

No way Rosso had that swag as jap-chinese
V
Ryu confirmed italian
V
So, Italian Ryu is the only Ryu that banged Chun Li

I’m ok with it

@Daemos
I edited the post to don’t make you feel excluded

Consider it Oro or Gill make little sense as these characters were not even concepts back then. Also Gill is young.

“Ancient one” may mean

-Gen: he was in SF1, very old, very powerful
-Some bullshit: think the whole you must defeat Shen Long crap

By the time of SF2 arc these are really the only two interpretations i can give to it

Probably the second one or it was intended to be vague and clueless because nobody knew that Gen was that and probably Gen wasn’t establish to be like that in SF2 era before being flesh out in alpha 2 to be the guy with leukemia.

I hope they would bring Lee the* Drunken Master* as a reminiscent of Gen’s changing styles along with Hakkan’s Oil up.

Tbh i will still like see that Gato-like Gen’s apprentice as Gen successor with the changing style thing, with his own younger and more dynamic approach at mantis and crane

But a Lee with drunken style a la Shun Di (VF) that drink as V-Skill and get instant full drunk as V-Trigger seem made for SFV!

Spoiler

https://media.eventhubs.com/images/2016/05/01_chara06.jpg

I like the Idea of Gen’s apprentice but the only thing I dislike with his concept was having a white hair and being skinny. Then let his personality less emo design like the concepts that feel like Remy, (I do not dislike or like Remy in SFV) Let the skinny physique be exclusive with Yun and Yang already.

Gen’s apprentice should be along the aged of near 30s by this time and along this guys physique. VV

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tekken/images/3/3f/Feng_TTT2.png/revision/latest?cb=20121022091748&path-prefix=en

Agree on white hairs bullshit, go for the Gato look pls.

Aside that are stupid clothes that give “skinny” look, on reality he look built as Ryu, at least torso/arms

Btw
“as this character idea was ultimately cut, I’m please to report that Gen is well.”*
VVV

LOL

Ok, just to be clear, who knows who they had in mind when they wrote that for Bison’s ending in SSFII, perhaps they had no one in particular in mind.

What I meant is doing a “Rogue One” and the same way they wrote an entire script around one statement in the opening crawl of ANH, they could use this line as a reference to add some depth to an origins story.

It doesn’t matter who it is, though relating it to the Illuminati in some way makes the most sense, in hindsight.

Who said this?

Idk but are the side notes of Gen’s apprentice sketch, open the spoiler by @Shakunetsu few post above

I think “the ancient one” is just a mistranslation of “the much older one” or something and just refers to Akuma.

Also, Gen’s hairdo and Chinese kung-fu are too cool for the realm of the dead & forgotten.

that pic came from our thread?