SEGA's Yakuza series thread. Is Haruka gonna have to Komaki Parry a street punk?

…but then YOU would have to wait longer than us to play Y4 if you’re waiting for a price drop on it @_@.

I just remembered something- The water purifier substory; in my initial game I got a ‘Finished’ on it, what should I do to get a Complete for it? Am I supposed to fight the business people for charging a large amount for it?

The Tuna seems to be the farthest fish on the sea graph, usually at the very end and it’s the hardest one to get. The line can snap easily no joke. You can access the remaining side quests by creating a premium adventure file using your clear data. I finished 99 out of the 101 side quests on my first try so there wasn’t much for me to do. In premium adventure you can sleep and change the time of day at ur hide out in Kamarucho, so side quests available at different times will be easy to get.

Also LOL @ people playing a demo of an RPG. It’s very hard to let people play amazing parts of a story driven game without spoilers.
You can watch the youtube vid I posted of my file and see how much you can do in the game.

Aha, thanks for the info. I’ll make note of that when I go to finish the remaining sidequests.

NP, I would have made a thread on Yakuza a while ago but do you see the ignorant posts people make on this game? I knew this would happen, it feels like a gamefaqs board. I can understand if people hate the game after playing a full retail version. Sadly they judge the game based on shitty demo or random internet articles claiming the localization sucked. I think the fanboys are to blame heavily because they bitched about no hostess clubs. Peeps need a girlfriend I’m serious, hell I don’t have one but I could care less about shitty hostess bars.

Anyway Kazuma showed mad emotion with ____________ passing. One of the strongest video game moments imho.

Random peeps:
BTW IMHO GTA sucks b*lls. And it’s not an RPG so stop comparing.

as a single player game your right, which is what my involvement in the comparison pertained to.

I wonder what to think of those pissed at the lack of Mahjong or Shogi. XP

Actually there are those who think the removal of some stuff is out of fear of exposure to Japanese culture…which is stupid considering that the ENTIRE Yakuza series is exposure to Japanese culture.
…and to top it off, not everybody gives a damn about Japanese culture; for all intents and purposes, they’d rather beat up random ass hats on the streets than spend half an hour playing Mahjong.

I know man, I know. Kazuma is one of the most manliest characters I’ve seen in video games.

At first I didn’t care for Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan! but this clip has me interested.
[media=youtube]yfU2l-ionas[/media]

Skip to 7:16

Only tips I have are extremely basic. Move the analog stick right/left to correspond with the direction the fish is moving; and don’t be afraid to let out some slack on the line. For the tuna it was pretty easy until I reeled it in to the 30m mark, then that shit started weaving nonstop & it was like 3 minutes of constant “line’s about to snap” beeping :lol:

You don’t need fancy bait to snag a tuna either. I caught one w/ a worm. You can rack up a good supply by getting one from the front yard, then entering/exiting Kazuma’s room. It’ll instantly respawn a new worm.

Sidestory

Spoiler

One of the sidestories has you either catch a tuna or pay out like 300,000 yen. Best thing about catching a tuna then is you end up pocketing like 200,000 yen in profit, & earn a trophy at the same time.

Fishing was fun, would love to see it return in future games with a larger variety to catch.

I’ll give that a try later on.
BTW how do I start/do the Hit and Stop substory?

It really is as simple as looking out for a black sedan at the intersection. When you see it, walk in front of it. That’s how I did it, at least.

Love the Yakuza series. I’m currently trying to 100% Y3, although it’s going to take me a while yet. Thank god you keep all your abilities and stuff when you do a Premium New Game, though, I don’t think I could go back to not being able to use all the Komaki techniques. Komaki Parry/Tiger Drop got me through the Coliseum easily.

I actually did the hit stop mission the exact same way.
It took me 100+ hours to get 100% and Platinum trophy. The mini-games are actually the majority of hours spent in the game for me. You can actually get 100% using premium adventure instead of new game but the choice is yours.

Are you still able to do all the substories, IF7, etc in Premium Adventure? I wasn’t sure, which was why I went with New Game.

Yeah you are.

Premium new game allows you to keep all your items,money and new moves. The story starts again from scratch and the side quests are reset.

Premium adventure allows you to roam in the Yakuza world without following a storyline. You use your clear data like premium new game. You keep all your items,money,new moves AND completed substories. So you only have to do the ones you missed! Whats cool is you can sleep in the hide out in Kamurocho to change the time of day. This is great for doing subquests that have a day restriction, and you can take all the characters out. This is good for subquests that require Rikiya or Date.
The only thing to mention is that if you finished a side quest instead of completing it, the status will stay the same in your list. Rumour has it you don’t need to have completed on every side quest to get the secret 101 mission. I got all completed so I don’t know if this is true or not. IMO premium new game is only good for playing other difficulties, but premium adventure is great for getting 100%.

I kind of planned my first playthrough and got 100% on all completion lists before beating the game. All I had to do in premium adventure was 1 missing side quest, after I beat that I got the platinum. Is it just me or do you guys think the war god amulet (infinite heat) is broken? I think that’s a crazy award for getting 100% on the heat completion list. IMHO you should get that for getting 100% on ALL of the completion lists. :confused:

like how do you keep track of all the heat moves you do? I was under the assumption that you just had to get all the heat moves period.

Speaking of Heat moves, my fav. are the ones you can do in Okinawa by the river passage on the 2nd floor of the Market. Throwing people to the river or first floor is so hilarious and satisfying XD.
Also I just did the Lvl. 3 OTG Heat finisher, the elbow drop is too good :cool:

Yakuza 1 and 2 are my favorite games on the PS2. I was pumped for Yakuza 3’s US release until I read about the cut content. I cancelled my pre-order and am waiting on it to hit $20 or so before I pick it up. Yakuza1 and 2 had the hostess clubs and all the weird bullshit, why not 3?

Sega probably didn’t want to spend the money to translate it.

Then why’d they spend money to translate them in the first 2 games?

They tried and they seen it wasn’t worth the return to them, it would seem like.
Yakuza 3 with the cut content sold more than 1 & 2 combined. Yakuza 1 probably cost the most with the English dub and sold the least.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175369

We were lucky to get Yakuza 3.

The hostess clubs was actually my least favorite part of 2, only because I like completing shit and didn’t like trying to guess what them bitches wanted.:bgrin:

In Yakuza 3, even if the bitches don’t like something they still give you some hearts. After 2 dates and a side mission you are at a love hotel completed. I don’t know how long it took in Yakuza 2 because I didn’t pursue them.

I’m on Chapter 6 20 hours in, I have done nearly every side quest up to this point. All Assassin missions that are available. I have done 3 revelations, I think I only have those 2 from Mack. The Old Lady on the scooter, the old Delivery man, & the drunk outside the bikini bar. One IF7, I tried it again and need to fight more people in the game to get more IF7 levels.

I will continue the story now.

Wasn’t really digging the beginning with the kids and their problems.

Actually the whole thing with the kids is to show Kazuma’s parent relationship with them. It was OK when you first do it but on a replay…it kinda becomes less worth while ^_^;
Heck Kazuma knowing how to raise kids is another testament to his manliness.