Satsui No Hadou Ni Mezameta Ryu Ultra SF4 Guide [Evil Ryu guide]

@Rice_Eater‌
I remember i used to do that then i stopped but I might start using it more as noone punishes cl/cr fierce xx mk axe kick so fuck it unless they show me they can react since st mp isnt punishable unless canceled

@Links‌
Didn’t know about the KOK pretty cool idea gonna test it out a bit didnt think about that one before.

Next up in gonna try and figure out techable knockdown setups and test some of the resets/other stuff i have at the bottom

I’m prolly gonna say fuck it to the untechable KD section until ultra comes out and i can test DWU a bit

If you have an other cool unique frame traps sequences or advice let me know. ill check and see if i have it in my tips and if you have a frame trap sequence that i find really sick ill explicitly add it in the other section. Trying to have the building blocks but not the full building if you know what i mean. There are way to many frame traps to list them all but if there is a sick frame trap sequence ill add it.

figured it out

Any character specific combos im missing.
mk axe kick into cr lk st lp sweep?
mk axe kick into 2 normals then tatsu?
Corner specific combos?
etc.

I think this is the last of stuff i need an opinion on the rest is just testing setups

Once i get this figured out i will start the match-up excel doc

mk axe kick, cr.lk, st.lp, sweep/cr.mkxxhadoken FADC Ultra 2 or lk axe kick BNB
I think it was Ibuki, Gen and Rose.

mk axe kick, cr.lp, st.lp, sweep/cr.mkxxhadoken FADC Ultra 2 or lk axe kick BNB
Adon.

Someone needs to confirm this because I’m not sure.

mk axe kick, cr.lp, st.lp tatsu works on basically everyone.
mk axe kick, cr.lp, st.mpxx tatsu works but then you will need to kara SRK to get the full hits (Its not recommended damage wise).
mk axe kick, cr.lp, st.mpxxhadoken FADC Ultra 2 works on everyone.

you led me to another combo i was trying to figure out to to the st mp xx lp hadoken spacing.

tested point blank with empty jump post sweep.

Point blank[tested sweep empty jump]: cr lk, cr lk, cr lp, st mp xx lp hado FADC U2 [361/270]
*Very good with the cr mk os lk tatsu/lk axe kick char specific os below
*cr lk, cr lp, cr lp, st mp xx lp hado fadc does 371
*if they block the first cr lk then stand to tech and you tag them its around 400.

Empty jump cr lk, cr lk st lp st mp post sweep os Meaty chain OS Cr mk [char specific - description in the spoiler]

[details=Spoiler]I will try to find more applications

cr. LK, OS cr. MK, LK tatsu: Ryu, Ken, Honda, Dudley, Seth, Gouken, Akuma, Sakura, Oni, Yun, Juri, Abel, Bison, Cammy, DJ, Cody, Guy, Yang, Evil Ryu, Guile, Zangief, Fei Long, T Hawk,

cr. LP, OS cr. MK, LK tatsu: Rose, Adon, Vega

cr. LK, OS cr. MK LK axe kick/HK tatsu: Dan, Dhalsim, Viper, Balrog

Doesn’t work: Ibuki(whiffs), Gen(whiffs), Chun(blocks), Sagat(resets), Hakan(with or without oil, but when oil’d cr. MK whiffs), Blanka(whiff), Rufus(resets), Elf(block)

Keep in mind that this is only for sweep > immediately jump forward. I’m not too sure how meaty that is, but I don’t think it’s either too meaty too close to getting your move out before they can get their’s out. If you do a more meaty cr. LK or LP into OS cr. MK, it may cause a reset so proceed with caution. But outside of 8 characters, he can do huge damage against the rest with meter.[/details]

if you have 2 bars:
cr mk xx lk axe kick, FADC, cl mp xx MK Axe Kick cr mp, lk tatsu srk [407/615] [standing]
cr lk, cr lk, cr lp, st mp xx lp hado FADC U2 [361/270]
Hard knockdown on both

is pretty damn good for an empty jump pay off if you have ultra stocked and need to come back.
Its good now as you get a hard kd for the ultra 2 setup but im wondering how divekick will affect shit in terms of puling an ibuki and finding ambig jump ins and diving on reaction. oh well about a week to go.
\

Anyway i got a list of char specific combos to sweep to test let me know if you know of any xx mk axe kick [2 normals] xx lk tatsu sweep combos.

Im gonna kill the techable knockdown setups today and try to organize the char specific shit in excel + add the 1/2 the cast stuff in the word doc then im done. The untechable kd shit im gonna wait till i can test delay dive kick vs delay rise

Thanks again for all the help. ill post a last list of stuff i would like help with on the first of next month otherwise im finally done with this shit lol

anyone ever figure out DWU setups for e ryu?

Tbh, I’ve just been guessing with dive kick for DWU but I’ve seen the Japanese players substitute actual setup with a meaty. They would do their usual timing and if it was a DWU, just do a meaty. I’m guessing Evil Ryu could just do crouch strong because of the active frames and what not.

yea off a 4 frame safe jump cr mp hits perfectly meaty and should be safe vs 10 frame+ reversals

It’s actually easy to react to DWU after a throw or sweep with Evil Ryu. I’ve between doing it since day one. I’ve been alternating between empty jumps and dive kick to keep my opponents guessing. It’s not a deadly mix up but it’s a decent way to maintain pressure. And because of this I always go for tatsu sweep when I’m playing the characters that it works against.

Just practice it a bit and you’ll see for yourself it’s not hard to do.

figured I would just give it a bump for the new e ryu players so they know it exists and the questions can be minimized for a bit.

Im to lazy to maintain it to be sticky worthy :confused:

I had no idea aobut this thread and I’ve been maining E Ryu since September or August. -_-

lol now im glad that I bumped it.

Daigo just won Topanga, the E.Ryu train gonna get a bit more crowded (it is already crowded anyway)

well Momochi just won capcom cup and im willing to bet it will pull people towards Ken :slight_smile:

Is this guide basically still correct ?

for the most part. the hard knockdown setups are not as good due to DWU and he is safer at cr mk xx hadoken ranges but it should be correct.

If you need a guide for advice I think it is still correct. if your an expert looking for new shit then hell no as i havent played him in a while/this game in months so there is new advanced shit i was unaware of that was ommited.