Rugal Strategies and Matchups

yep thats one of the reason why i got vega to deal with them type of characters, hes my personal assassin and problem solver.

Any advice against athena?
I get crouching hp and s lp all day and have to block the whole match.

what do RC reppukens against her?

I play k groove. She is a pain in the ass.

I think rugal’s size is his most obvious weakness. To characters with hi priority jabs and fierce, as well as small characters (athena, cammy etc.) rugal could just jump backwards with RH hoping to bait 'em for God Press. My only solution to pokes and annoying FP like athenas, random dash + grab, or throw in random standing short or long. Rugal also struggles for decent anti airs against quick characters, so might as well do either roll or RC godpress. Hitting godpress with meter ALMOST hands down the match for rugal, that is, if it connects…

Random:

Rugal C-Groove decent (and very easy) combo++super

Cross up MK (land), c.short, c.jab xx lvl2 genocide heaven, cancel with FP godpress before he elevates, then do lvl1 genocide heaven.

Rugal corner pressure/options:

Before opponent wakes up, throw jab wind slice. Uppon hitting, dash then c.RH into F.wind slice (gives opponent a little opening). Wait for either roll or jump, throw a follow up s.RH for big opponents, s.FP for small ones. If opponent just blocked the F.wind slice, rugal have options; dash + c.short combo, dash + grab mix up, or simply dash + c.RH into F.wind slice again.