Rufus vs Blanka

i usually tick throw the hell out of him, especially when hes near the corner. outside of a super or ultra, he has no good reversals out of tick throw attempts.

up ball = free c.hp when hit. or free anything else when hes cornered.

electricity loses to throws too

i dont even try hitting fierce after a short during mix ups. I always whiff and get hit by some crappy normal/throw. I just go for standing strong instead.

For blankas ultra just backdash ultra, it hits for me and it takes care of silly chip damage.

What i do is just let him turtle all he wants to his corner, just whiff dive kicks and see him do the “psychic” jump back normal.

Yes, if you connect divekick, s.lk, the s.hp will whiff 100% of the time (if he’s crouched). If blanka blocks the dk or u miss the link and he blocks s.lk the s.hp will connect to a crouch blocking blanka. I just use divekick, s.lk, s.mp, fierce GT. It always connects. Kind of tricky to get used to since blanka seems to be the only character the s.hp seems to whiff on.

Im just picking up rufus. (i have some bck ground knowledge of him and this match up.

When i play against blanks i like to get a good life lead and then stay the fuck afay constantly jumping back cuz if they blanka ball i can dive kick them out. and against rainbow rolls i just block and punish. vs slides idk if im just getting lucky or this works all the time but DK rapes blanka slides (atleast prediictable ones.) what do you guys think?

I mean its totally dependent on the style of the blanka player. Pay attention to his play style, if he wants to be controlling the pace on offense, force him to play defense. If he’s turtling, you can turtle harder. When Blanka loses his charge I will do some random focus attacks to catch a random slide. Overall I find pressuring Blanka the most consistent way to beat him, but it all depends on who you’re playing.

try to remember that Blanka has an amazing anti-air (c.MP) it works best when its deep. IIf you delay your dive you can bait this and dive on him for counter hit.

cl. hp in the bnb combo will always whiff on a crouching blanka. It’s incredibly obnoxious cause sometimes I can’t tell his crouching and standing hit animations apart. cl. mp will connect 100% of the time though so unless you are completely sure he’s standing when you hit him use mp.

Also the biggest problem for me in this match up is the 50/50 cross up ultra. If a good blanka grabs you and has ultra you’re put in that 50/50 situation. Most blanka’s don’t even know what side they’re gonna end up either. Bottom line, if they have ultra, do NOT get forward thrown.

I’m a Blanka player looking for some Rufus practice, if any good Rufus players needs Blanka practice, they can hit me up on ps3. I also play Honda, if you need practice with that match-up as well.

PSN: briiii (with 4 i’s)

/agree BTW Kattermari this is Zombie, er… Mass.

also this is a little tid bit of shit to know, if blanka pops ultra like a dumbass at a certain range if u wanna block but know chip will kill you… hit em’ with c.MP it WILL trade BUT wont do nearly as much dmg as the chip would do. also if u block the ultra…j.HK>ultra.

This has to be the hardest matchup for me . How do you get pass blankas electricity withour dive kick pressure ? It seems that he can just slap buttons an get out of it . Any tips on knock downs ?

If anyone wanna practice vs Blanka feel free to add me. My gamertag & ID is the same on consoles and PC.

WOW very nice bro ! Snake strike blankas ultra one on wake up ? Didn’t even know you could do that.