Rose I SWEAR TO GOD

s.mk is a good poke vs rose especially if you buffer sobat on the first hit. if she slides, its stuffed by 1st hit and if not then only the 2nd hit reaches and no sobat comes out

cr.mp xx soul spiral from far reach isn’t a true blockstring just like Ryu’s cr.forward xx hadoken. Climax Beat and they simply won’t do it again. Roses loves to throw that out all day so if you save it for the final round they probably won’t be able to make up the gap in health it’ll cause. EX Sobat will nail them too. In Ultra you should be able to EX Sobat, red focus, Ultra her for it. That’d be pretty godlike.

Also, if Rose tries to chip you out with hadokens on wakeup, EX MGU literally punches the hadoken to death. Too godlike.

Here’s Freej4y punishing unsafe Rose strings.

EDIT: Apparently it didn’t acknowledge my time marker so you’re looking for 1:07 and 2:53 in this video respectively.

yeah that was pretty amazing.

Wow, you guys make it look so damn easy and fluid. Dat riddim. So many good little movements in that match of the video posted, I will definitely try to keep those in mind and try to use them.

Do you do cr.jab cr.short xx lksobat instead of x2 jab just for the 10 extra damage off the short or is there potentially another reason? It could catch them standing? Though I have no idea why they would stand after the first jab – maybe condition them with a frame trap or two to try and get them to stand tech and beat it out, then you go for the low short? I guess the 10 damage alone is worth it, every little bit matters.

I’m surprised that close standing forward comes out from apparently so far away. I have been practicing linking my standing forwards together and I have a tough time getting two close standing forwards to come out (as opposed to one close, one far, canceling off the first hit of the far) unless the target is crouching.

Thanks for the video, lots to learn.

Besides the extra DMG it gives you more range to use cr. lk instead of cr. lp. For me, its mostly a habit to use cr. lk because some characters get pushed back too far OR you can get even more hits on them (Adon and Blanka come to mind) when you use cr. lk.
If you want to link to close st. mks, it depends on the hitbox of your opponent, and if he is cornered or not, I think. At least it works better on some characters than on others.

BTW is there a list of characters who cannot be hit with close st. mk far st. mp? It seems to me that Ryu and Ken cannot be hit with this combo as they are always able to block the mp, and I don´t think that its the timing of the mp…

I made a list of which chars it doesn’t work on, look in the new combo thread.

Got it, thnx.

None of Rose’s spirals are safe. Even the safest one is still -4. You can c. lk -> lk sobat pretty much any blocked soul spiral.

nope. it has 6 active frames. if she hits the heavy version (listed as -4) with the last active frame it’s not only safe, but plus on block.

yeah but Heavy goes SUPER far and is SUPER slow, you might be able to c.lk her out of it. most of the time they’ll do medium, which is pretty safe, just gotta watch where they hit the normal they canceled from. how far or close they were

Loving the low short punish. Her soul spiral is practically free damage on block now.

Random fact on this match-up. ExMGU can erase both Orbs of U2. Let it rip on the first orb and if timed right it will punch right through the next. You can also lightly mash to keep the MGU active and hit the second one.

Then eat a full punish afterwards? That pushback nerf hurts. Isn’t eating the punish worse than leaving the orbs intact?

Its not a terrible idea, if the rose is just putting her balls in your face and is gonna block, you have this option, could fadc backdash too. If shes just running u2 may not be a bad option, if she has ultraW, orbs do pisspoor damage anyway

I would rather block