Remy vs. Akuma

Yeah, I really hate that a Remy player will lose so quickly if not playing defensively against higher level players.

It’s not even usually a matter of skill ratio, but rather vitality ratio which really bugs me because he could be so much better if say his poke strings don’t get parried into a combo which easily eliminates half your life when playing Dudley or any of the shotos (ahem- Akuma). Also, considering high level play with Remy is dependent on holding a charge, parrying is greatly limited and often opens few doors for punishment.

As for that cr. mk, I really hesitate to use that unless it’s random. Like say, two cr. lks then a pause and then a cr. mk. It usually hits anyone attempting to sweep or dash in, or even that good ranged shoto cr. mk. I think it’s faster than that.

Another thing you could do after the low poke chain, considering the distance is correct, is to use the RH CBK if the opponent is crouching which will cross you over. I’ve been working on this and have been doing it a couple of times as it can be followed up by a cr. hp. But again- it’s best to keep it random.

Remy is at an advantage against Akuma. He takes so much damage, and Remy actually hits quite hard. So everytime you keep him out, it’s a huge loss for him.

Try not to use cr.mk that much. It’s one of Remy’s slowest normals and can be reversal supered on HIT against a lot of characters.

You shouldn’t be getting parried that much. Remy doesn’t really fight at that range. Try to avoid poking them “out” with normals when they get in on you, thats just asking for a random parry. Instead, be more patient and tough it out with the blocking/teching until you see a GOOD opening. There’s no guard meter in this game for a reason.

In the event that you have no choice but to play the parry game. Try baiting out a parry with cr.jab or cr.mp. It’s a mid attack that can be parried either high or low, so if the opponent was fishing for a parry, they’ll definitely get it. When you get a quick attack like that parried, it freezes the cancellable frame. This means that you can cancel into a super on reaction to the parry. The only way to escape this is if the opponent goes for a parry, and then waits for your super to come out, which basically means to attempt a parry without a punish. Mix it up with not doing the super if the opponent knows whats up.

You got that right. :smiley: I saw you getting beaten by Pierrot. In that youtube video. Do you remember whether you found it frightening when you played against his Remy?

Yo HamonaZ I also found this vid of you and your team getting beasted in SBO.
[media=youtube]tnmU-YDeVkc[/media]
Well… all foreign teams get OCVed in SBO… let’s see if it will happen this year.