Recommending Competition // SF4 [PC] Community Thread

SF4 PC player base has diminished now that the community has mostly moved on to SUPER//Console, making it hard for experienced players AND newcomers to find a fight that suits their needs.

So, the idea here is to recommend names for people to look out for in terms of finding a decent fight - The goal is to offer an additional method for SRK members to hunt down players in their location / play certain characters they want matchup experience against / just plain looking for fun or reputable opponents.

NOTE:

THIS IS NOT AN EGO THREAD OR A “REP MY MATES” THREAD - THIS IS INTENDED TO POINT OUT NAMES FOR PEOPLE TO HUNT OUT IF LOOKING FOR A SOLID FIGHT IN TERMS OF ABOVE AVERAGE SKILL, CONNECTIVITY OR CHARACTER.

I have attempted to find any/all YouTube channels of listed players so visitors to this thread looking for a specific kind of fight may be able to view that player in action and see if they are the type of opponent you are looking for - If the Player is not listed with a channel then you’ll have to take the recommendation from word of mouth from this very SRK community.

LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER BASED ON LOCATION!

" GFWL TAG - CHARACTER "

AUSTRIA

SpARelentless - ChunLi

BULGARIA

rximmortal - Cammy
scorpion87bg - Seth

*** CANADA***

apocalyspe01 - Multiple
Brisbrain - Honda
Capt Mazda - Chun Li
Childharasser - Fei Long
ClawsTheOne - Akuma
C2Q - Akuma / Ryu
LushyLushy - Viper
MailMailHome - Ryu
One Plus Tuque - Dan
Rufreck - Ryu
SShaker - Akuma
windowlivesux - Multiple
Wingsofahero - Ryu / Bison

ECUADOR

zan7ia6o - Ryu / Akuma

ESTONIA

YouGotGoogled - Multiple(3+)

FRANCE

Bkm0 - Honda
Cassenoisette1 - France
Ciel 94 - El Fuerte
dejam0rt - Blanka
Gagapa - Bison / Viper
Mistawani - Akuma
nounours54200 -Viper
RenaudG08 - Abel / Fei Long
pHeoz - Ryu / Akuma
physix1 - Sagat
Treffre - Viper / Guile
xxxBRY4Nxxx - Gouken
xfadoo - Akuma

GERMANY

Gluemchen - Seth
Gangryoung - Bison
HolyEiermann - Random Select
I a1n I - Gen
jbhammer777 -Akuma
SonnentauRacker - Guile
XaberRiderZ - Ryu
xxfatmaggotxx -Chun-Li
VaporingRapier9 - Ken

HUNGARY

MokiSenpai - Chun-Li (Plus)

IRELAND

RopeDrink - Balrog

ISREAL

mamontbest -Cammy

ITALY

Piuma84 - Shoto’s
Toro Riki -Zangief

JAPAN

Nareai - Akuma

MEXICO

Chocoit - Guile
Cyankira - Akuma
KiKo GoTsKiLL - Shotos (Plus)

NETHERLANDS

Rishek - Bison / Vega

NORWAY

NakeGemini - Gouken

PERU

ARCADEEXPLUS - Seth / Akuma

POLAND

Omnikaze - Abel
pol4rfox - Viper

RUSSIA

BrandomHeatRUS - Ryu

SERBIA

Bojann - Akuma
djoxxy - ChunLi

SPAIN

Cireee - Balrog / Akuma
HaldQQ - Rufus
Nercromina - Cammy

SWEDEN

arman110 - Akuma / Sagat

TURKEY

Deftonesss - Viper

UKRAINE

Comrade Gunmad - Akuma

UNITED KINGDOM

Briangarfield - Fei Long
ETHeReaL2010 - Rose
Fist of FU - Fei Long
jpb123 - Ken / Sakura
Mike45450 - Bison
Rockwei - Zangief

UNITED STATES

o AL3ZAY o - Gouken / Ryu
Artificeren - Gouken
bagelobo - Dhalsim
Bottlecapsis - Honda / Gouken
Caliagent3 - Cammy
Calhzydar - Guile
Chendew11 - Cammy
ClaimingRausch - Abel
DashedBluegills - Vega
DJ Fuji - Akuma
Fei Long Legend - Fei Long
FullmetalRuru - Rufus
Hejin57 - Sakura
ihitnoobs - Ryu / Sagat
JadedNoobGamer - Seth
Jamhally - Cammy / Ryu
k3nmaster - Bison
Map the Seoul - Viper
Maxxbreaker - Dan
Meowshi - Abel
MethedenGlaed - Ryu
Mikerai - Akuma
Mooshington - Gouken / Gen
MyPrinc3ss - Rufus
Pochibutt - Chun Li
PremiumJones - Abel
RedPhoton - Blanka / Gief / Guile
SithPL - Dan / Blanka
Skosek - Ryu
Sonny Black - Zangief
SRK Tiberious - Gouken
Tassadarmaster - Bison (?)
The Crimson J - El Fuerte
TheDomithan - Ken
Toalan2001 - Guile
Tommy Hildizzle - Honda
TrifeDotLifeXL - Multiple (3+)
trusf - Ken
Tupacula - Multiple (3+)
Unomia - Balrog
xClimbatizEx - Multiple
xKakashi92x - Cammy
xxMoRox - C.Viper

???

AlexLeather - Blanka
cs99321 - Dhalsim / Ryu
DeadMachine04 - Ken
Demonatas - Sagat / Ken
DRGDRG - Zangief
jlive11 - Blanka
Lukrum - Ryu
Mr.Miyagi - Akuma
Wingsofahero - Ryu

Please feel free to add names to the list, I’ll edit the thread accordingly - This is dedicated to the long-term SF4’ers just trying to continue enjoying the game and don’t fancy constant bad connections or general inexperienced play.

People on my friends list (All live in US except djoxxy… He lives in Serbia)
o AL3ZAY o - Gouken and Ryu
The Crimson J - El Fuerte (He will RSF you to death)
djoxxy - Chun Li
TrifeDotLifeXL - Cammy, Viper, Akuma, Ken (Granted since we play all the time we both pick nearly everyone)
FullmetalRuru - Rufus

Adding

Random Sidenote - Sadly recommendations are purely individual - What some may consider a great player may seem, to others, like total garbage. We all have opinions so do not take this as a be’all and end’all of superdidooper skill/connectivity.

Consider it as a community bundle of known names or people to give a chance in a fight if you come across them.

I forgot Fist of FU. Really awesome Fei that lives in the UK

Added.

Another sidenote, if this thread does kick off and get good contribution I will edit the thread any chance I can to add more names to the list. Again, it’s UK time for me and it’s 2:50am so I’ll have to check back tomorrow :wink:

scorpion87bg from Bulgaria plays a good Seth.
Then I remember AlexLeather from ranked. He plays a good Blanka. Always funny and intense against him.
Since I got djoxxy in my friendslist (two months…) I couldn’t manage to fight a single match against him. But I remember his Chun as pretty decent. He knows what he does.
My Akuma is average. But I still fall into patterns and switch on offensive-mode (while forgetting defense). If I don’t, I really have my good moments… :smiley:
But I’m not one of those jumpback-airhado-akumas.

Adding Thanks.

I don’t know where these guys live, but I assume the US since I have a good connection to them:

JadedNoobGamer - This guy plays a scary Seth (last time I saw him he was ~5000bp)
jlive11 - Plays a creative Blanka, is good with the ball mixups
cs99321 - The best turtle I’ve come across, plays Dhalsim or Ryu
SRK Tiberious - Strong Gouken player
Meowshi - Best Abel I’ve seen on online
DeadMachine04 - Best Ken player, very aggressive, lots of kara throws, brutal combos
DRGDRG - Best Zangief player

And theres more but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Adding - Will tag them as US players.

On a side note, just played djoxxy whom Porter has mentioned… For someone in Serbia I had an awesome, clean, stable connection to him which is really good despite me being in Ireland, one for the UK players if they want a turtle Chun to practice with. He left after the 6th match though, shame, Chun teaches me patience (Something I lack).

Just played a chap from Estonia tagged “YouGotGoogled”, seems a nice person and we had a solid 4-Bar despite Ireland>Estonia distance. Seems to stick with charge characters due to playing on Keyboard (Exactly like me) but has a decent Honda/Chun/Rog whereas I just stick with Rog.

Another for the list.

Met a chap called ETHeReaL2010 from the UK, very nice chap and a solid connection (Says 4bar but plays very well with little/no issues) and seems to like to play Random Select (Mains Rose) - Will add to the list for the UK heads.

C2Q - Akuma/Ryu (Canada)

Added.

hi,

dejam0rt - France - Blanka

Added!

ZOMG! I’m on the list :china:

Be aware, if I since lag that is not acceptable for my Gouki/Viper…I will either thumbs up and leave…or rage fight :mad:

trusf - Ken

Has owned me several times.

Hello Trife - Seen you online a lot and ArcReq has sometimes thrown me in with you but it’s usually a 2-Bar so I tend to just leave and save everyone a laggy headache.

Will add above Ken player to the list, thanks both for posting.

Played a lot of these guys.

CS99321 is SUPER obnoxious. He has no one to play with because he lags so he’ll keep coming into your lobby over and over again after you repeatedly kick him.

Just played C2Q right now, actually. He’s got a decent Ryu. Gives me a run for my money.

Fei Long Legend has probably the best fei long ive ever seen online. I can usually only do 4 or 5/10 against him.

Deadmachine04 is indeed vicious. Very, very good Ken player.

Jlive has a good blanka too but tends to get pissy when you beat him. He starts sending hatemail and bitching about losing.

Nareai has a decent akuma. Japan player but connection is actually decent to the west coast.

Other good players:

MethedenGlaed (VERY solid Ryu)
MailMailHome (think he plays Ryu? Dont remember but he’s pretty good)
Treffre (Good connection even though he’s from France. His guile is so-so but his fucking c.viper rapes me every time. I get murdered with a 40% combo every time i do anything other than block)

I play akuma under name DJ Fuji. Not great but not too awful.

Adding - Any chance you can add the location of the players you want to add?