Rashid Q&A Thread

How are you guys dealing with cammy’s hooligan and divekick? I feel really powerless against her.

You can hit hooligan with a number of normals on reaction. While you have to respect divekick on block, it can be anti-aired with hp mixer pretty consistently.

I love his cr. short, great for a meaty attack and with quick recovery safe on many reversals. Problem is i cant seem to find anything to do once it hits, since its non cancelable. Any ideas?

cr.short combos into cr.jab xx lp mixer

For dealing with crossups does rashid have an autocorrect move to deal with them?

From knock down, just block. If it from a block string/close jump just vskill roll under it.

having a hard time maintaining pressure as up close my normals are getting stuffed and beat out cleanly for cc and ch’s, lpxx lp mixer also is getting me punished quite a bit. Also are the whirlwinds useful for anything beyond keeping opponents from jumpijng?

I notice Rashid can cancel his j.LP and j.MP into airborne eagle spike, but this doesn’t actually cause a combo, and it actually allows your opponent to recover faster on the ground. As such, I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any special purpose for cancelling those jump normals, or if it’s just some useless/vestigial thing that made it into the game.

It’s useless as far as I know. It’s funny, if those normals were both a little faster and pointed at a more downwards angle he could’ve used them for fuzzy guard combos… which I imagine Capcom was very aware of when they made sure that his air light normals don’t angle downwards at all.

There must be a height restriction on air Eagle Spike as well, so it wouldn’t even matter. j.MP can hit a grounded opponent, but it’s still not possible to cancel it into anything at the height it hits at. Desk was able to combo it in a video, but that was off totally impractical A2G hit on Sim’s weird angled punch.

I have found one use for it. If the opponent recognizes a V-trigger crossup setup, they will sometimes neutral jump or jump forward and meet you in the air to prevent it. If you think they’re going to do that, you can meet them air to air with j.mp and cancel with lk eagle spike so that they will land between you and the tornado to give yourself another mixup.

When I block Rashid’s LP spinning mixer, he immediately punishes into an EX spinning mixer despite my mp jab, lp jab.

Don’t tell me this mf can get away with that. I’m Ryu btw.

I thought R.Mika was bad. This guy has the award for most annoying spammer character.

non-mashed LP mixer is -2 on block, so know, you can’t punish that. You gotta know who you’re playing, if you think he’s gonna do full retard with the LP mixer into EX mixer just block it and crush counter him. If you think he’s gonna be more controlled, then stick out your fastest normal and you may even get it to counter hit if he goes for jab pressure.

noted. Thanks mang.

When looking at hitbox data, Rashid’s f+MP has a green box. Red = hit Box. Yellow = Barrier. What does a green box mean? The Red Hitbox clearly is his hand, but what’s the long extending green box from the move?

43 second mark: f+MP
3:09 mark: V enhanced mixer

Frame data question. If I block Rashid’s ST HK which.is -2. What does that mean. We both have a 4 frame jab. Who gets the next hit?
Confused

It’s your turn if once you block St.HK…there is a slight chance of a trade if the Rashid tries to follow up with jab.
Also, it is possible for Rashid to mash ex.mixer (along with other -2 moves). Just have to keep that in mind if he does have meter.

Would anyone know if the knockdown for mash 1 and mash 2 of medium mixer are different? Also it seems im only able to get mash 1 m.mixer out of ex.wws,st.mp,cr.mk,m.mixer.
im asking because when i do the same combo without the st.mp im able to get mash 2 of m.mixer and able to land my wake up setup.
but when i do mash 1 it doesnt seem to work.

Not too sure…you may need to mash a little more for the Mash 1.

I think knockdown depends on what recovery option the opponent is using. I usually remain in the front if back recovery is used and on the other side if the opponent use back recovery after mash 2 M. mixer.

I don’t use mash 1 anymore outside of V-T set-ups because I normally don’t get much out of it but a jump-in attack.