Random Vice Questions/Tips

hahaha. I’ve got “awesoma powah!” Away with you loafers! Join me or die! Can you do any less?!?!!?

Okay, time for some more shoulder rush questions.

What can you follow up with after a connected jab shoulder rush or a connected strong shoulder rush? Jab looks way too low to hit with anything. Strong looks like it might allow a st. RH on counter hit. I’m not sure what it would let me do in a non-counter hit situation like a combo.

If there’s a guaranteed follow-up for the strong shoulder rush and it sets up an advantageous position for me, I might start using that instead of the fierce version.

Main reason why I’m asking is b/c of Vice’s Guard Cancel Counter Attack for C and N groove. It looks like it’s just her strong shoulder rush, but since it can land as a counter hit, I never know whether I can st. RH or air sleeve them afterwards.

And if anyone here has a console, can someone check and see what the damage difference is between fierce shoulder XX air slam vs fierce shoulder, st. RH?

Thanks much everyone. Man, I feel like a mooch. But thanks caliagent and mscrub for that rc sleeve help. I think I might have pulled one off today in a casual match. That would make it my first one.

AFAIK, you can’t combo anything after a connected shoulder check except an upward sleeve… and apparently air bladekicks because I saw it in a video (if I’m recalling correctly).

You -can- CC afterward and do whatever you want because CC mode allows you juggle with anything when they’re in knockdown state. Unless you get the ghey “run-through-don’t-stop” shoulder check and you don’t stop in time and they land first.

I tried fooling around with the Guard Cancel Counter thing… I couldn’t connect anything afterwards. Nevermind the upward sleeve.

It wouldn’t let me cancel it at all. Couldn’t juggle afterward either… for the simple fact that I don’t recover in time… and in the queer situation that I DO recover in time (GCCing an AKuma jump back RH near the corner :)) I couldn’t juggle with anything except CC. Which will never happen anyways.

Maybe you can do it, I dunno… I never use Counters much anyway, except to stop chipping. And I usually trade then anyways… looks like a jab rush to me.

3 posts in a row! Wow this thread is so hectic! :slight_smile:

After some more fooling around, here is some information concerning the air bladekicks.

RH version: slowest startup, quickest kicks (can hit more in shortest time), does 100 per hit.
MK version: medium startup, medium speed kicks, does 100,200 per hit… 1st hit is 100, 2nd hit is 200, 3rd hit is 100, 4th hit is 200, etc.
LK version: fastest startup, slowest speed kicks, does 200 per hit.

Most importantly, if they are in knockdown state (falling on their back after a special) you can always juggle with the air bladekicks! Providing you can reach them in time.

Maximun juggle hits after knockdown is 3. If you catch them during a jump, the first hit is knockdown, then you get 3 more which = 4. After shoulder check (or other knockdown), you get 3 hits. So the speed of the kicks really isn’t an issue besides during CC. I’m probably going to always use LK version outside of CC from now on if they’re airborne. It has the quickest startup and does the most damage! RH version gets 400 alltogether while LK gets 800. This is the only instance I can think of offhand in CVS2 where the lower strength special does the most damage. VS grounded opponents it’s hard to get a lot of hits with the LK version… but I dunno if it matters much because if you get 2 hits with LK version, that’s 400 damage. 4 hits with RH version is also 400 damage. meh.

The reason I couldn’t land it after the HP shoulder check in the corner was because I was trying the RH version… it starts up too slow and misses. You CAN land the RH air bladekicks after a max-range HP check because you recover quicker (or if you trade) But there really is no reason to NOT use the LK version because it does the most damage anyways. So anyway, if you’re interested, after you land a HP shoulder check in the corner you can tigerknee a LK air bladekicks for 3 more hits. Tigerknee away is easiest, but I prefer straight up to stay close.

I was thinking maybe I could end my CCs with it, but no dice… once CC runs out, i’ve already juggled them for LOTS of hits… way past my 3 hit limit.

Some more random junk… against crouching Sagat you can do instant jump towards LK overhead into lk bladekicks and it will all combo for like 1700 damage. You gotta cancel the j.short instantly though. :frowning: Another thing to mess around with is crossup LK into air bladekicks. You have to do the motion the wrong way… a FB +K. Anyways, if you get the short high enough you can crossup with the bladekicks and even push you back to the front again. Nothing special, but fun to look at. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to combo after a jump in air bladekicks. But I was able to block a Reversal tiger uppercut so it seems somewhat safe.

Awesome, thanks! I now have a combo followup in the corner now.

You can combo d.HP x Special, after meaty RH bladekicks. whoop-dee-frickin’-doo. :slight_smile:

if u buffer the super off of c.mp too fast or if u r too close to your opponent the throw will whiff. usually when i buffer the super i make sure vice is kinda far away so that she’ll be able to throw them.