R.I.P Alex Ver. 2 ... about to give up on him

self-destructs upon entering close range

Not necessarily. I mean, look: If the enemy is throwing out a lot of fireballs you’re always safe, in a way. EX Elbow if it’s a Hadouken and the enemy eats dirt. Guile and Nash are more difficult to get through, I can see that, but Guile players tend to punish jump-ins with premature Summersaults. At least in Silver and some (lower) Golds you can get them pretty hard that way. If the enemy is poking the sh*t out of themselves, your cr.MK or st.HK into V-Trigger on block will get’em. Of course he has weaknesses. Everyone should have weaknesses. I love trying to figure out my opponent to see how to get in close. Most people underestimate Air Stampede for it’s viability. It’s super fast, knocks down, and is difficult to punish, if not exploited too much. Got in a couple of times using it on LK.
Once knocked down an enemy is minced meat if they don’t guess right.

I love your enthusiasm for Alex, Dynames002, and that’s what keeps the character fresh and fun, of course. I also have it myself and don’t plan on switching characters.
But it’s from super platinum onwards that you start to really see the areas where he lacks some proper tools.
I truly believe that he can be absolutely viable to win tournaments (besides already being fun), but he would need some tweaks in the direction that mowr pointed previously (I don’t think all of the suggestions there would be good, but some or even most of them definitely would).

Haha, yeah well as I already pointed out: I wouldn’t know anything about platinum, needless to say diamond. But it’s fun being into this stuff. I will never go higher than Gold, I guess; if even. I’m not a tournament gamer. I’m too old to learn the game as well as some of you guys, and too lazy. I still wanted to share my thoughts on the matter, as I’d still like to consider myself a fan. :slight_smile:

Air Stampede regular is pretty ass unless you space it so it’s meaty and safe®. EX Stomp is super good.

Alex bodies low level competition though, headbutt/stomp combined with lariat pressure and a command grab will blow up anything that is below Super Gold. There’s a bias on view to Alex depending upon who you play, someone who knows the match-up will show you hell.