Power up!?

The drone cover works fairly well, even against cable and storm. If done at the start of the match, I wait for drones to get close to power up, so i’ll be sure to be safe. If cable zaps sentinel, big deal, now he has no meter, so power up and tag in the 3rd character.

I figure if a magneto player can infinite me all day, I’d prolly lose anyway. 1 AHVB isn’t too bad a price to pay for a glitched juggs. Especially on sentinel.

The smart players just launch, true… But I’ve seen good players mess that up all the time and do low short, it’s just habit.

DHCing is rough, cuz you have to build that 2nd meter… and that takes awhile for juggy, especially if magneto won’t get off you, or something. Definitely a last resort for me.

Countering is good. But Most counters aren’t safe when blocked, and you’ll need 2 meters to cancel into a safe super (assuming they have one).

I make it a point to get juggs out before the opponent has 2 meters. And since most characters will build that meter before juggs will… that leaves some options out.

I’m also kinda keen on tagging. I wait for a jump or something. If they just sit there… I better go for that level 2. Otherwise I’m screwed.

Actually, contrary to the end-all-be-all post up there, the conditions for the glitch are as follows.
Once you powerup (DP+2P), you will stay flashing until you:
1 - Hit the opponent or throw them. Hitting with assists is okay, since they aren’t Juggernaut. Also, you can hit with the wave from an Earthquake and still be flashing, although when you finish the EQ you will go back to normal because of #2.
2 - FINISH doing a move, for example if you do a whiffed Fierce you are still flashing until he completes the move.
The exception to this: You can do a snapback and hit the opponent (or finish the move) and you will still be flashing.
This means the following things are legal to do after powerup and still get the glitch:
Tag (obviously).
Get snapped out (obviously).
Alpha counter (obviously).
Headcrush and not hit anyone, then DHC before you do hit someone.
Do a snapback. Note that if you whiff a move and cancel to the snapback and hit, you will NOT be powered up afterward.
Do a whiffed normal move (standing Fierce or RH are good baits) and cancel it into a tag when they attack. This one is very useful, and is the usual way I get Jugs out.

So, the longest string of things you can do and still get the glitch is something along the lines of whiff Fierce, cancel to whiff Juggernaut Punch cancel to whiff Headcrush and DHC before you hit anything. Not useful, but it works.

Mike Z

^ all true. Whiffed hard normal XX tag actually works pretty decent, oftentimes fooling opponents jumping in swinging.

Thanks for pointing out some of the obscurities & finer points of the Jugg glitch.

After you Power Up, if you want to throw a punch without losing the power, do the same motion for the power up and then fierce punch. Juggernaut will go into the ducking animation and swing upwards same as if you just crouched and pressed fierce. It’s about as effective as a making a boat out of a rock though.:smiley: I stumbled on it while trying to find a way to keep the power up on constantly without having to switch. Unfortunately, I did not. A good way to power up at the very beginning of the match is to approach the opponent before the match even begins. Chances are knowing what people suspect of the Juggernaut (and they damn well should), he’ll get the upper hand in the first punches thrown, therefore they block first. As soon as the match begins press forward and fierce punch and Juggeraunt will do the move where he throws out his arms and it looks like he’s flexing. Instead of letting the animation go all the way through, cancel out of it after the block into the Power Up. Good way to get the power up early in the match. Do at your own risk though, and watch it against a person with a quick character a.k.a Mags or Storm.