Poison jump buffer input glitch

I think I have an idea what causes this.

Normally, pre-jump frames can be cancelled into specials, but I tried TKing specials out of the last hit of her ex-rekkas, because that should technically work, kind of like cancelling grounded launchers into grounded specials in umvc3.

However, I couldn’t get that to work, dissapointingly. My guess is that the code that disables her from cancelling her pre-jump frames off of the rekkas somehow affected the fireball. Although I’m not sure why the other special moves aren’t affected.

With Makoto the difference between ultra 1 and EX fukiage would be win or lose. Learned to extend the QCF inputs to up forward in order to consistently get what I want.

geeze everything comes out wrong in this game…Poison with accidental everything and elena with no short cuts at all.

To avoid the fireball issue press down immediately to reduce jumping.

I play on ps3 pad, this is never an issue lol

Or you could just, ya know learn how to QCF properly like we used to back in the day.

It’s an issue because it also affects two of the other new characters, and is a system input inconsistency; A bug.

I’ve been TKing all fireballs since SF2, and a jump wouldn’t come out, so your comment makes no sense.

Yeah I was actually looking for a thread/explanation on why she cant TK specials after EX rekkas. I know that TKing is super different in games as it’s easy in Marvel yet in KoF, TKing a super feels damn near impossible. So I went into practice with Viper to try out rapid Seismos. I was able to get it within the first couple of tries and even was able to do Seismo into Burn Kick. Although Viper’s TK timing is weird, there’s no reason why I wouldnt be able to TK anything after EX Rekkas.

But not being able to cancel her pre-jump frames into special would mean that you wouldn’t be able to do her DP, rekkas, etc with a jump motion but OP says that they work.

EDIT: Apparently you can’t TK into specials unless you have a super jump, that’s why Ibuki and Viper can do stuff like that. If that’s the case, she cant TK a special after EX Rekkas. Which means her not being able to do 2369 for a fireball is the only glitch which probably does have to do with her pre-jump frames.

I LOVE Poison But she is just so fucking Off In my opinion LOL, she missing some links that I use to use in Cross tekken (Links not those chains), and her fitreball is goofy, her hits are not confirm able… AT ALL, I Loved her in cross Tekken now I don’t even use her outside the training Room, UGH WHY CAPCOM WHY!!!

Has there been any confirmation on this being fixed?

I don’t think it will be fixed unfortunately. All 4 DLC characters from SFxT seem a bit off in this game. Also, Capcom brought in a skeleton crew to port them over (they have most likely moved on to other projects now that Ultra has been released).

Hi, i’m french player who decide to play Poison in USF4 (i played Balrog for 4 years).

Here is a little video i made with what i found from the my start

Can she jump cancel focus? Has anyone tried? It’d be interesting to get additional mixup/combo potential after midscreen EX rekka if jump cancel focus worked, similar to how viper can do shit with that, additionally, all the characters that U1 would normally whiff on, you can focus dash U1 to connect, theoretically.

Viper cancels super jump into focus.
Like Makotos new EX uppercut Poison can only jump.

I was wondering about this phenomena all day. Thanks for pointing it out!

Ah, well. Anyway, after ex-rekkas, would a jump cancel U1 connect? This will solve the issue of it whiffing midscreen on certain characters if we just do the jump cancel timing midscreen and the link timing in the corner. I’ll test later if no one here’s up for it. I didn’t think these Poison threads would be so quiet.

Edit: ok it seems like there are no pre-jump frames when you cancel the last hit of ex-rekka into jump…meaning you can’t jump cancel anything after ex-rekka. However it does allow poison to land and juggle the opponent.

Is there something weird with her rekkas too because I can barely every seem to cancel a normal into them and IF I do I can never continue them. How does this even happen? Capcom’s lazy copy and pasting of them from SFxT? Wouldn’t be surprised if someone accidentally activates pandora with one of these new characters.

im not sure if we can get this fixed at this point…Capcom seems totally broke now.

Yes, it seems like it. There has been a lot of talk of the WB or Nintendo taking over Capcom. Imagine seeing Poison in Mortal Kombat or Smash Bros…

Tbh…Capcom characters might be more brutal with their ultras…chun dicing you with her legs…and cody’s… geeze smashing your head off with his…

Poison…will become friends with Birdo.