Peanut Popper N Jelly Time - Diddy Kong Thread

DK doesn’t benefit so much from leaving bananas on the stage to trip on (though it is nice), but rather having one to use as a throwing item to create pressure. IMO this is true with Diddy as well. Bananas on the ground limit some tech options, but 2 bananas can be easily avoided by standing instead of teching into another banana. IMO it is harder to control stage with 2 bananas, since it is much easier for the opponent to get one.

DK moves well above bananas with SH Bairs, which IMO Diddy doesn’t really have an answer for. He can duck and punish with Utilt it DK does them too high, but that’s about it. DK can even Bair and pick up bananas along the way. DK outranges Diddy on both the air and ground.

I’ve played this match quite a bit lately and at first I did have trouble vs. bananas at first, but if you play a little more defensive with DK and work around the bananas I believe it’s in DK’s favor.

Bananas on the ground build up damage while you avoid receiving it. I think bananas are better for Diddy because of his movement. DK is gonna want to use physical attacks anyway; using a banana to attack isn’t such a good option unless you slip near him. with the B-air, it depends on what kind it is… if it’s spacing (jump forward, B-air, fall backwards and do another one) that can be punished by Diddy’s F-air. if it’s to attack, that can be shield grabbed unless he’s on the ledge. btw… if DK plays a little too defensively, Diddy’s B-right can interrupt him. I think if you use everything well enough, the matchup is slightly in Diddy’s favor

Bananas don’t do any damage on the ground. They simply trip, and at close range you are usually guaranteed a Dash attack/Ftilt.

Like i said, DK doesn’t get much advantage by leaving bananas on the ground, but rather by using them as a throwing item. Especially with glide toss, as DK throws the banana and slides across the stage behind it, usually guaranteeing a Fsmash/punch.

Also, DK SH bair can’t be shield grabbed unless he FFs it or does it too close to the ground, and it pushes back shield, so you don’t get a shield grab unless you block it at point blank range, which a good DK player will be spacing with it instead. Plus, DK can SH Bair, >B or DJ an attack to punish a shield grab attempt. DK can also double SH Bair. or SH Bair > Punch through an attempt to Fair him our of it.

Diddy has speed and bananas, combos well, and is poor at KO’s, especially on heavies like DK.

DK has moderate speed, better range, better priority, and easily KOs Diddy. He also can use bananas, arguably just as well, if not better than Diddy.

how do I unlock the bgm to the “fox and diddy” stage? :confused:

any1 got the name of the song?

[media=youtube]-nlNbZkWJpI"[/media]

this is the song im talking about! :rock:

I think you automatically have it. It plays on Rumble Falls only. Song is called Jungle theme 2 I believe.

what are his combos, i know a, a, a does about 20 on most people and i’m getting good at rolling with the cartwheel pick up banana, follow up move after the cartwheel, then throw bananna rush again.

his spacing is so important. i find that i’m pwning casual people with spacing but i know once i play tourney people i’ll get eaten up. so what is the best way to set up his ko’s besided banannas?? like what can i link with, combo into etc.

i really like diddy’s down smash. it covers a lot of ground and is fast. it’s great to punish with too.

Finally made a Diddy Kong combo video: [media=youtube]IoJEf7zSq78[/media]

Nice stuff alpha. I haven’t played Diddy for a while, been working DK and Ness, but I’ve been playing some team DKC with Swoops, and he’s been working on his Diddy. I’ll point him in this direction.

DK uses bananas a bit differently. His dash attack isn’t that good, so I usually pick them up with Bair while WOPing, or with Z in the air. Once he gets one, he can glide toss it, which propels him across the stage. This usually presents a few scenarios

1. enemy is hit, DK gets free >B, Fsmash, DownB.
  2. Enemy shields, DK grabs or pressures shield with >B, Fsmash, DownB.
  3. Enemy rolls/spotdodge. Other options whiff, but Down B has enough range and duration to catch them.
  4. Enemy jumps and DK can either Uair/Usmash or start using aerial banana tosses.

Diddy plays a different banana game, constantly pressuring with bananas, and he is damn good at it.

No, Diddy doesn’t have all the same options. Similar, yes, but not the same. DK’s glide toss covers a lot more ground, and he has a lot more range/power on his attacks, allowing his to effectively use glide toss from farther away, and better punish/pressure a hit or shield. Diddy can glide toss from a shorter distance, and get free Fsmash/Ftilt. Diddy’s dash attack is much better for working in bananas, and overall he handles bananas much better than DK (:confused:), I’m not contesting that. I’m just saying that with glide toss, DK has a potent banana game that works well against Diddy.

man… there was one point in which I liked Diddy so much I wanted him to be one ofmy mains, but now I can’t stand him. I can’t use bananas that well anymore and I don’t like his melee without them

Yeah, I dropped Diddy myself awhile back, I want to pick him up again though.

Alpha. Just checked your latest tourney vids. Good shit. One thing I will say though is your banana use is very one dimensional. Throw, cartwheel, throw, cartwheel, etc. It’s a solid tactic, and it works, but I think you’d benefit by experimenting with bananas more. Use glide toss forward to pressure shields, glide toss back and throw down is is nice tech that moves you back and places a banana right where you used to be. Dropped bananas work well he help control the ground.

They have a lot of uses in edgeguard too. When they’re hanging on the edge, pick up a banana, FJ right next to the edge and drop it. If they hold F or attack to get back on the stage, they trip on the banana, and you can land pretty much any aerial. If they jumped from the ledge, it hits them in the air for Bair or Nair. If they roll, they’re clear, but you can just land and pick up the banana and start pressuring again. Or, you can leave a second banana where their roll ends up. The best way for them to deal with this is ledgehop and try to pick up the banana, which if they do, you can work in your aerials or go for a spike.

We’ll have to play again. I deleted your FC though, since it said I was taken off yours.

Diddy rapes Bowser pretty bad with bananas. His slow speed and large hitbox means that he has a hard time getting away from them. Even if he does manage to get ahold of one, there’s not much he can do with it. Diddy can usually get hit by it, then get up and grab the banana before Bowser can do anything about it.

Just had to post footage of me getting owned didn’t you, fucker?

Haha nice video! :woot: