Ottawa Thread 2014

I’ll be there at around 5-6

We’re in there. Same as usual. Gogogogogo!

e209, Student Commons. Second Floor Above the Starbucks.

Bring your sticks. Let’s play some games.

Hey any Tekken players go tonight? I stayed home.

I admittedly have no intention of stepping outside period until this crazy -40 weather shit is behind us. I’ve got some gas money put aside for when it gets back down to sane temperatures though.

someone let me know when skullgirls go on sale on steam again, aka $5-10 or less, free is free

The only thing that is free is you, hmmm and well apparently me in skull girls as well lol

Hey guys, I’m not really a part of the community at all but I do live in Ottawa. Does anybody here fix fight sticks? My Street Fighter 4 SE fight stick recently broke down and I’d like to get it fixed. I’ll definitely pay. The issue with it is that my stick only responds to the “right” direction.

You can order a new stick from Canadian Joysticks and do it yourself. It’s reaaaaally easy (Very likely solderless, but I’m not sure what the SE looks like. I think you have to take an exacto-knife to some glue holding the old stick in place, and that’s it). If you ever come to Gonq I should be able to do it for free. Drop by next Thursday, I’ll try and remember to bring my spare JLF stick so I can test it (It’s old, but works fine, IIRC).

Really though. Grab a screw driver and open that sucker up. So long as it’s unplugged and you remember where everything is connected, it’s hard to break.

I think a JLF is like $20, Sanwa pushbuttons are 3 bucks a pop. New circuit board is $40, but you get PS3 and 360 support. If the circuit board is toast in your stick, I have a super-junker 360 PCB or a PS3 PCB that I might be able to toss in…

You should probably just open it up… sometimes wires are loose. Also assuming it’s a decent stick in the SE you can probably just get new microswitches…

Why do I do these things to myself?

Just found out about the gonq meet ups this year. I should start this Thursday…

so is this really going down at the gonq on thursday? if so im totally in and will be there around 7. whens mavel??

There’s always a Marvel station. It’ll be up when you get there.

Anyone want to do a ranbat again this week? Just a straight up bracket again.

James, feel like running a marvel ranbat?

So I won’t be able to make it till 9 on thursdays now because of class but ill still be coming out.

Sure if we can get 8 people in I’ll run it around 9 when Fawwaz gets there

lolfrontpage.

Move over Marvel. It’s time for Duplo Waifu Marvel.

Just wondering. Any injustice? Even though I street fighter more

Don’t have it patched up, sorry.