"Osu!" Paul Video Thread

Hey, I recently uploaded a couple of Paul videos to entertain people I know and I was browsing these forums, saw they are kinda empty so thought why not post them in here?

I played SF4 from Vanilla up until the release of Sf x T and no other fighting games so I am an SF player trying to adapt to this new game but primarily to have fun hence why Paul is one of my main characters ;).

I play Paul/Ogre when I play singles but I prefer to team up and play, I don’t have an offline scene to go to so I play almost exclusively online. I think I am decent but I still have a lot to learn/improve upon, if you notice anything I could improve on in the vids please share it with me.

This first video is a couple of ranked matches I had the other day with my brother. Sf x T can be quite laggy for me online but these games wern’t and they are against high bp opponents so I thought I would upload them (when I do a cr mk super it is an execution error). Also if you don’t like dance music i’d advise muting the video!

[media=youtube]GgSFQ6X9rNk[/media]

This second video is for entertainment purposes so don’t take it seriously have some fun lol. It is a Paul/Law vid with my brother. It has some Paul combos but I don’t think there is anything new in there. There is also some clips of match gameplay later in the vid.

[media=youtube]b8kWD-oqGU8[/media]

Hey man, I liked your vid, liked it enough that I went ahead and put my own together to kind of supplement / fill the gaps. It didn’t seem like you had a lot of “field” experience with Paul, just lab work so mine is more on that slant.

[media=youtube]OIwxq1CKMxc[/media]

Hopefully someone finds this useful. I’d like to hear comments, its my first guide in forever.

Please take this down. It does not do what you are trying to do and it is full of miss information.

Standing Jab is no longer good? Is it still 4 frames? Can you still get 4-5 in a walking block string? Does it still beat out Dive kick?

Neither over head is fast enough to be actual mix-up tools, so you are going to be using them on wake up right? Why not use the one that is able to be canceled? Better yet the PS is better on block than both overheads also.

Shredder raw? It can be crouched by like all the cast… The follow up is good to know for corner, but can you do that off juggle or only off a shredder that hit a standing opponent?

There might be more but I did not watch the whole thing as the first like 5 minutes are just…ARRRRRRGGG!!

[media=youtube]za8ylMhi1Tw[/media]
Not the best one in the world, but this is my friend’s first combo video. Starting from regular bnbs to a few launch ones or cross cancels.
It even has Nova’s theme in it!:3

Not impressive, and very BORING.

Same goes with the Beginner’s guide. As soon as I heard him say “I suck” @ 2:00 minute mark, that tells me the tutorial is garbage.

[media=youtube]eKFooLlDZdY[/media]
About Sway Moves, the video talk by herself i think ^^

Looks like ReNiC has picked up Paul for the time being; he’s been the subject of his past two Growing the Beast videos. If there’s any good Paul tech that it does not look like he is using, it’d be nice to leave it in the comments.

[media=youtube]LFPP1f8Lspw[/media]

[media=youtube]LmOuUrmE3UM[/media]

some replays from yesterday.
[media=youtube]xIovY1i_seU[/media]
[media=youtube]8h2c17JhDNA[/media]
[media=youtube]09_P6pC-vlQ[/media]
[media=youtube]mmTKsqvwm6M[/media]

I do not want to go around saying things like Best Paul in the World but, Best Paul in the World >>

So many more things I need to add in my game now. Was considering leaving Mr. Phoenix for a while for King (similar role) but now I want to stick with him. Mind if I steal your team for a bit? I’ve been doing Poison/Paul, but I hear Guile is a straight upgrade over her.

Nice stuff, you play the same team than me.

Yeah, Poison/Paul is a really bad team =/

Well, I feel it might be a step up from Bob/Paul, which I had been using earlier. I just wanna use my favorite characters, but at my scrubby level, I think it is a hindrance more than a help (inb4 any character can work scrub v scrub, I need more work).

You shouldn’t shit on someone else’s work, its not like you are making any tutorials?

Anyway, started to dabble a bit with Paul. Ideally I’d like to pair him with Akuma, simply because he has some good options for pushing opponents into the corner. Anyone use that team?

[media=youtube]ID0Iif_AGXE[/media]
A quick guide I created for basic Paul play. Some parts end a bit too fast but I really wanted to release it, lol. Hope you enjoy it!

Some Paul play included within.
[media=youtube]rSEfY1bAZ5Q[/media]

I know it is sparse but I am going to post some more recent Paul play I’ve found in a bit. Until then, here’s vulcan_hades’ guide to oki in sfxt. As it says it is not specifically a Paul guide, but it features many interesting setups of his and any Paul player should watch this since oki is one of his strongest assets.

[media=youtube]sfycwGJ4f9o[/media]

[media=youtube]FUGpK5Yh49g[/media]

I genuinely think that Paul is the funniest character in Pandora. He looks like Evil Santa or something.

[media=youtube]yAgdiXLp5Lc[/media]

Dudley and Paul