Oro at evo

Glad to see Oro representin. Respek knux.

I contributed to the Oro population, too. As usual, I didn’t do great in the tournament but got major props in casuals.

Edit: Oh yea, it was cool to get a chance to meet you, jinrai. Hopefully I’ll see you again next year.

Hey Zak, could you let me know when Ryan uploads the MM between him and myself? They took it on that white camera phone… I think. In any event, IF that video gets out, y’all are in for a treat. :slight_smile: And I didn’t get to play any Oro’s except Grego… wtf… Like, here’s what I remember everyone doing:

Hung probably didn’t know who I was
Sebastian was busy signing autographs and convincing people that he was in the Dark Knight
Jinrai was busy cheezing everyone on SF4
Zak had MM’s… I think… wait, did you guys play Hawaii? Sanchez and I were waiting to show you and Harmonaz what’s hood. haha, jk. It would have been exciting though, since like, Sanchez and I are JR’s teammates, and you, Harmonaz, and Ryan are like, mates, yea?

Damn… I thought all the Oro players were going to have some like, huge Oro gathering. Either way, Oro was definitely felt by everyone at Evo this year.

It was well nice meeting all you guys at evo, and good games!

I was ecstatic at beating Hung in pools in the mirror match, but he proper exposed a hole in my matchup knowledge with Denjin Ryu :S Well played dude, and also well played vs Ryan Hart on Sunday.

Thanks to Jinrai and ThyAllMighty for coming to our room for tonnes of games, you guys are both really damn good. Harmonaz said to me afterwards he wasnt at all used to the different set of mindgames you used against him compared to the way I play, so I’ve got some new tools to use thanks to you guys.

Well played to Grego too; it was sick watching you OFF chuns all the time with that thing you did. I don’t think I got to see Murphy’s Oro though which was a shame.

Bebop: We didn’t have a MM with the Hawaiians in the end, but the hung around for some long sessions which was cool. I’ll ask Ryan to see if he capped your match. A 3 on 3 would have been great. I’m just sad I didn’t get some free money off JRod :stuck_out_tongue:

Offing Chuns with “that thing you did”? Could you possibly cock block me any more?

Thanks for the props zak, your oro was very sick dude. Also very nice oros go out to hung bebop and jinrai, i didnt get to see thyalmighty so i cant comment there but im sure it was nice.

Sergio: That “ting” was chicken x 2 -> st.mp xx normal tengu -> standing roundhouse… wait for chun to wake up… unblockable tengu xx st.mk xx command grab x N

It was nice seeing/meeting everyone at evo. Oro was in full effect! We almost got an oro into top 8, which is an achievement for the old man.:rofl:. There is always next year.

Bebop- my bad for not saying hi or anything, I am usually in my own world thinking about the games at evo.

Zak - thanks for pwning me in the mirror match, made me realized that my knowledge of oro vs. oro is not up to par. I have learned from the experience. Hopefully you guys can make it out again next year.

Tengu!!!

Don’t worry about it, other than the casuals on Thursday I was playing terribly, as seems par for the course for me in tournaments.

I’m sad. I didn’t get to join 3s :(.

And missed out on all the Evoro fun. :frowning:

lol… i got worked, but i didnt get double perfected

EDIT: too bad we didnt get that spf tourney

sergio, get on that shit now. and tell dave too so he can stop complaining about vs chun

Nah, it wasn’t Quotes. It was a guy that used Stungun Alex first, then switched to Makoto. As for PF, I made $50 by money matching an emo in the PS1 version.

taking emo’s money always good

That seems pretty damn good, but I’ll keep it to myself and amaze Tinshi with my Oro vs Chun skills, make him jealous and watch him spiral into a deep depression. Mwa haha.

who’s emo

zak: you are a cool ass dude and have great knowledge about this game and can also apply it PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME UOH into mk setups so i can incorporate it into me game! maybe i will visit uk one day, you guys are great…ALL DAY, EVERYDAY you guys bringin that term to the UK? also how do i use the word “innit”

jinrai, you really stepped it up this year, good shit man, see you next year hopefully

bebop: dark knight mutha fucka, you already know GET HYPE

i’m sorry grego we didn’t really hang…i was pretty wasted that whole weekend

naz: you guys are beasts thanks for going easy on my chick when she played you hahahaha, congrats ongetting married dude, you did really well in the US and honestly are the most technical akuma i’ve ever seen…keep playing man you will only get better

ryan: ryan it’s okay that you lost vs JR cause i know i’ll train harder to get more clutch all of UK are beasts…all day everyday please come to evo next year it’ll be a blast i know it, i could not even touch you, you know that oro matchup way too well

hungbee: you dirty fuck i can’t belive you picked ryu hahahah gs though, hey man i’ll see you next year

everyone i had a lot of fun with you guys, SO MANY ORO’S at EVO and imo we are all good too so it’s cool seeing everyone do so well with a “crappy” character

:rofl::rofl:

I’m pretty sure people just say it after any sentence/phrase they feel like init

Randomly…there were a lot of Oro’s at Evo this year. Jinrai, Zak, Hung Bee…and at least 4 others. There were actually quite a few Ibukis too. Feint actually made it out and another FFA Ibuki player along with a couple others. Feint and I had a quick fun exhibition match. Some people wanted us to make a money match out of it but I don’t really like money matches anymore. GS especially to Jinrai for making top 16 with me and getting those mid tiers in the semis. Nobody knows though cuz only top 8 is up and only top 8 matters. I’m still crying on the inside over what could have been. :sad: Instead everyone thinks 3S is still doomed to 6 Chuns in finals every year. It can be more than that…I just need to get more solid.

I came out of my pool (which had some decent players but admittedly not the hardest bracket there that year) in winners only to have 2 chances to make it to top 8 and mess them both up. Admittedly against strong players like Amir who I actually beat the first match and Watts who exposed my weakness to Ken.

Hung Bee…you never used Oro against me. You’re a sneaky one. :lol: Oh and yeah…sux you barely missed out on top 8. Ryan is a smart player no doubt.

Hey Seb,

the UOH thing is quite hard to explain, I think about 80% of the time i do it is just based on instinct, judging when theyre waking up.

The uoh has to be done just before the opponents waking-up-animation begins, makes it a lot harder.

But you can also try and gauge an opponents wakeup time after certain knockdowns.

e.g You command grab dudley/urien, once you’ve finished, simply go straight into a UOH and it should hit really meaty.

Or do an instant air chicken as an overhead vs a shoto. Assuming they dont tech roll, dash then do a UOH… at least i think that works.

Naz linked some vids from “Super vs Battle” which was held over here a few monthes ago. In the last round of our match i landed a really deep uoh after command grab, then went into a chicken combo - this was by a strict setup. But in the tournament after that, “Battle of destiny”, i did it again, but this time it was without any setup. I wouldnt expect to land that so consistently though; I guess I just got lucky the times i was on camera :stuck_out_tongue:

Zak needs to get shot. All day, everyday. Innit. Thafe yeah?

Again, good times guys. We shall meet again soon, be it in Japan, Vegas or I hope - UK.

Zak, do you know where Ryan is at on uploading his MM’s from Evo? He told me they were all getting uploaded, and I’m quite interested in checking out our MM, since it was epic as fuck. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

he’s stuck in germany at the mo, but if i do get hold of him i’ll definitely get on his case.