Option Selects

Wow, this looks actually like some practical backrise tech (unlike other options, which usually require heavy damage sacrifices). Good job.

I mentioned this to post to Rush G (a Ken YouTuber, @_RushG on twitter). He is where I learned the part about the V-Trigger MK Tatsu whiff LK Tatsu side switch, and posted a video follow up, just in time for WNF/Capcom Cup, in case anyone is paying attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f8LKuln-aE

The main issue with my original OS is that you can be taking a risk to get damage off of the 6MP, because you have to cancel it, likely into the special OS, and you might eat a DP punish. You could return the stick to neutral early or try to do a half-circle instead of quarter-circle to go for a safe FB/Tatsu OS instead of DP/Tatsu, but you’re giving up damage. You still get a knockdown with V Trigger FB, but I don’t know if there’s much you can get off of a FB knockdown.

Rushy’s thought was you have a lot more options if you only worry about 4-framers. So, instead of going into 6MP, do a cr. MP and autopilot a link into 6MP. On back recovery, the cr. MP hits meaty enough that st. MP links (actually, st. HP links! but that’s not an OS) without a counter hit. This gives you 2 mediums to confirm off of which is enough time to go into whatever combo you want.

I guess if you wanted to fully autopilot, you can follow up with 236HP, which will give you an HP DP on back recovery, and be chin buster 2nd on quick?

Thanks for the update. Are there no issues with (on quickrise) the b+MP whiffing after the meaty cr.MP hits for a counterhit? I know in general that is an issue with that particular link, but it looks like the LK tatsu gets you so deep that it isn’t an issue.

From the looks of Rush G’s video, you’re at point blank so no issue, even on counterhit. I haven’t had any time to test any of this out myself – I’m a theoretical street fighter for now, so: YMMV, no warranty express or implied, etc. I hope it works in arcade edition!