"On the Battlefield You'd be dead." Vanessa Thread

Many of Vanessa’s combos in OS stance end in KPK or 2KPK depending on open or closed stance. KPK and 2KPK are good damage options but don’t necessarily grant you the time to apply pressure and if you are new to VF, like myself, stance checking maybe an issue. If one were to substitute 3KK stance checking becomes less of an issue and an excellent okizeme opportunity occurs. If your opponent P+K+G rolls to the front or back you can do 66K as a meaty and they will a) be unable to evade immediately after they wake up and b) get put into a stagger state. I’m not sure why this stagger state occurs because meaty attacks cannot result in a counter hit, anyway on counter hit 66K is a launcher. I think this is because the P+K+G roll forces the player to wake up in a crouching state. The 66K can be followed up with another K that will cause another knock down and you maybe able to get a combo from this, I haven’t tested this enough, or the 66K can be followed up with a P that will launch. This P only launches when the opponent is crouch, this is what leads me to believe the P+K+G roll forces the opponent to wake up in a crouching state. The P is -10 on block so it is a guaranteed throw opportunity if your opponent wakes up without the roll and blocks, if they don’t block(try to evade) the 66KP will combo, where as 66KK will not combo. Anyway if they don’t try to evade, if they just try to stand there and block you can cancel the 66K with 66K6P+G into spear tackle. If they choose to stay down rather than quick rise you can get a pounce or stomp or another move that will hit a grounded character.

In short: If you end your combos with 3KK and your opponent likes to quick rise with a roll into evade punish them with 66K.

Does anyone want to take over this Vanessa Thread? I don’t play VF5 anymore.

What do you mean take over?

I think you took it over bro :wink: Good shit.

I mentioned this but didn’t clarify. In DS Vane has a move, WS P, that is a 13 frame mid. WS P is +1 on hit, -5 on block - so you can fuzzy guard if they block, and causes a stagger on CH. The problem one might face is how to execute this move w/o going into a full crouch state. A way, there are more than one, to do this is execute a crouch dash, 33, or, 11, return the stick to neutral, 5, then hit P. So basic VF offense is poke with a P, get +2, then do a 14 frame mid. In DS stance we substitute WS P for the standard 14 frame mid. To test your execution of this go into training mode and set the dummy to Guard and counterattack 2, the 2P, do the P then the 33~5 P and you should end up getting the stagger rather than getting CH yourself. Off the stagger you can get some nice combos. This is all on the VF forums I’m just re-posting it because I think it is very important to DS offense.

Wow thanks for all that stuff about Vanessa just adding some things
-It is evident, but DS has only a few frames disadvantage, or even frame advantage on block with most of her moves when she is up close, meaning that you can pretty much fuzzy guard all day. she also have a whole array of fast and efficient half/full circle moves (what OS Vanessa is somewhat lacking) G[hold] 8/2 P is a somewhat underused move. True enough, it is quite slow and it has a big disadvantage on block, but it goes under a lot of high attacks, allows you to punish any attempt at evading if you guess right, and to get a small combo. not to mention that you can add it to your option select to fuzzy guard/throw evade while dashing and stuff, since you have to hold G.
-In DS stance, Vanessa’s 66K+G doesn’t cause crumple when you are on your opponents’ side , but 3K does on counter. 66K+G always causes side crumple when you are in OS

• if you use 4P+K+G on knockdown, feet towards opponent etc to get into intercept position when you are in OS, you are likely to revert to DS.
    That’s all that comes to my mind right now, feel free to add or correct or disagree (or…) !