New Guile Thread (Lets own!)

[Arcade ] I found out how to cancel guile lower kicks into a Triple Hyper combo. And it never seems to fail. After doing guile swing kicks just hit the two assist buttons to cancel into his sonic hurricane or flash kick. Depending on who you have with you. Me having Hulk and Juggernaut. The amount of damage is usually 90 percent of the health. I haven’t played the PS2 one so I don’t know if It would work or not.

I recently realized how crazy SH is. It combos from just about every ground normal he has. So basically, if guile touches you, you eat a hurricane.

IMO Guiles best assists are doom for obvious reasons, akuma exp as a counter asist for some easy launchers into double feirce combos and tron…into more double feirce combos.

Guile can rack up damage extremly fast both with and without meter.

TK flash kick:

its not exactly a TK motion but more in refernce to the actual fact that its so low to the ground.

when you do a flash kick with guile in the air, marvel doesn’t care how you input it. You can input the air flash kick with either up, down OR dwn, up. Its pretty weird. As long as marvel sees those 2 inputs, it’ll count it as a flash kick input.

this is the input for it.

dwn, up, for sj input, then immediate dwn+K. Since marvel doesn’t care how its inputed, you can use the up input from the sj as your first input and you can simply hit dwn+k as the 2nd part. TK flash kicks leave you in prime position to use his priority on his normals. Its a good angle for guile to attack from.

beastsizzle.

flash kick xup after fs

after you create a flying screen miscreen, guile will run to the opponent. You can NJ before it he wakes up, call your assist, then flash kick back to the original side. Also, you can time it early and NJ\TK flash kick before he wakes up, call your assist and cross them up. Its a dumb 50\50 but hey, it works with the right assist.

Have you ever tried a backbreaker into Doom assist?

Have u tried doing, on the ground, UF,D,U or UB,D,U. i think its easier than holding down for 2 seconds and then holding up to do ground flash kicks i treat them like Tiger knees.

I question i have is can u do ground flash kicks by hodling df or db and then U or UP or UB or does it have to be D,U and does it have to be for 2 seconds, i can onyl do a ground flash kick maybe 1/10 times

you talking about his ground hk throw?

it is good for the simple fact that the delay on the rocks ussually means that you can throw them into a cluster of rocks low to the ground. You can do a few things with it. When I throw doom out there and move forward, if i can do a dashing standing lk and get them to block for a second then i will try to throw them quick into the last bits of the dooms assist. You can connect with the rocks two ways, throwing forward and backward. If you throw em backward, unless they are a big character, you will have to walk forward and push em to make sure that they land on doom’s back and run straight into the rocks.

there is so much more stuff that can be done with guile’s airthrows and rocks. Like calling rocks+launch, any combo that isnt predicable and puts you in position to throw them into different parts of the rocks, which most of the time gives the oppurtunity to follow up. You can use both directions with both his hk and hp airthrows.

ive been trying to find out how guile could flashkick in the air and immediately combo into the super. The only reason why i kept trying this is that it seemed like soemtimes i could get an extra drag effect on his normals, but it seemed random at the time. Anyway… with certain assists like mags proj or anythign that pops them up in the air(not doom) while still in combo mode… the character seems to weigh more when comboing. actually im not sure what it is but… when this happens i can magik series in the air, lk flashkick, do another magik series, throw or super whatever… the opponents body isnt popped up as much as ussual when the normals and the flashkick hit.

anybody have any ideas as to what this is?

peace

if you use sonic boom assist you can do sents launch <you know the combo> to (call guile) uB laser > rP dash launch and repeat without using meter for the unblockable. or if you want you can get 2 rP’s into hsf.

Schools out in 1 week. After that, it is Guile training time all day, err day to train for Northwest Majors!

Hopefully I can get some good Guile matches in. He is on my team 90%. The only person I switch him with is Megaman. :stuck_out_tongue:

Guile Doom combo:
Launch(call doom at the same time) magic series and FP throw into air kick super. The char should fall into dooms rocks when you throw them and should be popped up so that guile’s super runs into them.

did u ever figure anything out with this? it could change alot of things. btw, I play Guile/Cammy/Dhalsim aaa

How do you throw after the Magic series combo?

^^ do your 1234 slight delay and do fwd + hp, its hard but i’ve done it before on cab vs a real person

anyone have tips for Guile/Blackheart?

Well, since most likely youre gonna have BH anti-air, youre gonna play somewhat defensive with that combination. There are combos though, but not too many. One I can think of, is Guile: cr.lp,lk,hk/BH anti-air/somersault super. Its a nice, basic combo, that can be cancelled into BH’s rising demon. Another tactic would be, to trap or decieve your opponent with BH’s anti-air. You can go for a aerial combo, assist with BH, (but dont finish the combo) drop down, and cross to the other side, for a possible jab/super. Because the ice will still be covering the opponent, you can sneek in a cr.lk/super sometimes. As far as BH/Guile, well it only takes a couple of jabs w/Guile anti-air, to perform numerous moves for BH. lk,lk/Guile,anti-air,super…I cant remember the name of the anti-air move, but you know how to perform it.
Something Ive worked on in the past with BH/Guile, is g-break when they come down from Guile’s anti-air assist. While theyre coming down, I either dark thunder(vertical) and wait for the g-break, then rising demon, or jump/jab,jab/g-break/aerial super. It doesnt work, maybe the timing is off, but its something to work on if you want to play that combo. As for a possible BH/Guile infinite, I dont think its possible, since Guile’s assist knocks them up & back. It might though, given the right positioning on-screen. Maybe as soon as Guile connects, you aerial dash w/demons. It might work, so I’ll practice on it in the future…

so i use a guile jin with prjct guile and launcher jin, does the sonic hurricane on 3 part hyper combos suck the opponent into jins arm rocket for optimal damage or am i seeing things cause i know that thing doesnt hit hard very far away, if not… is there a good Jin Guile setup (try what i said out if you don’t know what i’m talking about) i usually pair Guile with jin and either wolverine dash, or spidey capture sometimes hulk but i can’t think of a good hyper combo for 3 parter

New Stuff I found

So yesterday I was messing with my Guile team which is Guile (AA), Hulk (dash) and Iron man (AA).

I was learning how to FP throw and OTG them which I found out you can not do with my team. Ive tried a few different assists to connect it since they bounce up and forward. Nothhing seems to be fast enough to get out there and grab the person. Even cyclop’s A’A does not catch them.

So basically all you can do is either super them or HCx3 them.

Which is what I expected but messing with them teams gave me a cool idea. While messing with my teams, I picked one where the triple did good damage (like 60 +) but allowed me to OTG after the triple with Guile.

Since guile is moving forward when he does his double kick super, it sets up you where they are right in front.

If im not mistake, it was hulk, psy, and guile.

Gonna test this more because my teams triple is already devastating. For sure it does 90 percent damage if it lands everytime. Damn buffering keeps them alive unless its akuma or some toilet paper team.

Just a few things to consider with guile that I learned and brings diversity to him…

His HK super picks you up off the ground no matter what. So you can lk lk with iron man and go straight into a triple while guiles on your team with AA and he will otg them for you.

His trip consists of two hits and you can combo into the second one. ( one thing i do is trip and assist with thanos, the second hit knocks them into the bubble.

Guile’s air grab can be combo’d on the ground… my fav comb is lk, lk + hulk dash assist, walk forward + jump, back breaker, lk, launch!

you can trip someone, and immediatly go into a triple HC… ( My teams b and b which does 90 damage and can be combo’d from his back breaker grab/ throw)

Guile works great with hulk, there double HC is devastating.

the latest thing im working on is his corner rape (where you can HK them or HP them to the ground, lk them and they get stuck… see Dan)

What I do is luanch, lp,lk,lp,lk and then HP,LK and if you do it right they should fall right under you which you then lk, launch again and get them stuck. If you do it right you should not be able to launch them again but you can bounce them with attacks. (work in progress)

Whats cool is if you have ever done the HP throw in the corner and lk them to launch again. Its teh same OTG move.