Nash Match-Ups Thread

F.LK can punish EX Bullhead, with or without V-Trigger.

I’ve updated the index to this thread to contain the index for all the various matchups, so you can feel free to spread the info to the appropriate threads now. :slight_smile: I’ve even created all of the remaining placeholders for the other characters that hadn’t been created yet!

Thanks, you are the peoples champ for sure.

Vega, Sim and Bison are currently my worst matchups.

I reckon with more experimentation and patience I can deal with Bison but Sim and Vega I don’t have a clue how to deal other than be very mobile and hope for the best…

How can I fuck up Rashid with Nash?

where is the nash vs nash matchup thread :slight_smile:
just because you play someone doesnt mean that you always know how
to deal with that char at the same time in a mirror match.

anyone having problems in the Guile matchup?

I’m having problems with all his normals that push you back so you cant check him,
you cant jump on him ever because of his flash kick and you can out zone him

You can’t jump at him because of his flash kick? As soon as he stands up or walks forward/backward he loses charge for flash kick.

why would he ever do that?

You’re never going to get serious responses to requests for help if you post nonsense like this.

you can’t give a serious response if your best advice is a tutorial on how the charge system works.
gtfo

A reminder about how the charge system works was the best thing I could have posted if the OP thinks Guile can AA every jump-in with flash kick.

Any MUs people think are disadvantage Nash right now? I rarely feel like I’m out of the game and playing on my heels. Only MU I’m absolutely hating is Cammy. Chun and Guile frustrate me but I think I just need more practice. Cammy however I just feel like she gets in easily vs my zoning attempts, has decent options to counter poke and anti air, has great counters to Nash’s usually safe-ish pressure and pokes, has a viable 3F wakeup both in jabs and her EX DP, has amazing walk speed that is even fast enough to easily punish v-reversal, empty jump vs dive kicks can be very hard to AA unless you have EX SS and she just has amazing pressure.

Thoughts, any others you feel Nash is DA? There are certainly positions Nash is DA on certain MUs (like any time he is under pressure), but any MUs where a character just had good options in a ton of positions both up close and in neutral?

Karin.

Only Cammy stands out for me.

In this matchup I tend to do a lot of Bazooka Knee AAs and Air-to-Airs to dissuade Cammy players from taking to the air too much.

Delayed dive kick cuts straight through his standard AA normals, her high pressure game is magnified due to lack of a reversal, he doesn’t have a strong punish vs walk back on wakeup due to lack of cancellable low pokes, she has reliable punishes vs Backfist and Sweep even if they are properly spaced, her normals interact well vs his. She can play a reliable whiff punish game with s.HP, c.MK, or even c.HP with V-Trigger stocked. It’s one where I just think her tools specifically outmatch his when they go up against eachother.

Another match that can be tricky is Sim, but I’m still unsure whether it’s just because you have to approach that match so differently to the conventional gameplan.

Cammy for sure. And, personally, still Laura. It feels like my Sonic Boom is pointless when she forces her Thunder Clap to clash with it, and I have to stand in a range to punish the Thunder Clap where her buttons are really good. (It definitely could just be me.)

I think Chun, Dhalsim, and Guile can all be pretty annoying, but I think the match ups are annoying for all parties involved.

I think Nash vs Laura is 5-5, 6-4 at best for Nash. (This is coming from a Laura player)

A lot of her buttons counter his surprisingly well in midrange/neutral. Also not having a 3f normal or invincible reversal without meter makes things very difficult. One thing though is her weak anti airs leave her free for cross up pressure. You can’t jump like a dumby but spaced/conditioned properly she can’t do a lot. Though it’s difficult to maintain pressure against her due to her VR being very good.

How do you guys feel about the nash vs guile match up? I can never seem to win that match up.

I don’t have too much experience in that matchup, but it feels like you really want to get up in the mid-range so he can’t assert his dominance in the fireball war. If you start by going long they’ll just abuse the V-Skill/Boom combination. Then they can pretty easily flashkick any frustrated attempts to get in. So I think you want to start pressuring early with liberal boom usage in that closer range to keep them on edge and prevent them from charging flashkick. End goal being walking them to the corner so they can’t abuse the screen space.

That’s been my experience so far. Doesn’t seem like too scary of a matchup. Just have to exercise patience.

Ah thanks for the tips. I have been playing the midrange game baiting booms to flipkick my way into their defense and it’s been working like a charm.