MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Particle effects in MvCi are top notch.

They aight. But looking at Danteā€™s effects vs MvC3 effects (AgniRuda attacks in particular) and itā€™s no contest.

Still, Venom shows that original assets look good in this visual style.

I wasnā€™t really giving a fuck. Iā€™m one of those people that can play an intricate fighter that looks like Pong, turn orange with stripes and a bandana around me neck like this shit is GREEEEEEEEEAT!

Yeah Iā€™m not complaining at all, Xrd looks nice, but it retains that charm of XX with choppy animation, poor anti aliasing, etc, I mean Chippā€™s hair honestly looks like it was drawn with a crayon, check it out. Still a stunning game.

Infinite isnā€™t visually lazy or lacking, itā€™s just different. They actually had to tone down visuals for the final game from the very early builds because the effects, such as the Storm backgrounds were so intense it hindered performance. And to be fair, as far as Marvel splash screens go, I think the Infinity Storms are pretty high up there on the ā€œfucking intense visuallyā€ scale, a million miles better than the X-Factor aura in Ultimate.

And you have to take that into account. Xrd has nice effects, but it lacks all the splash screens that it used to have when you use a super or dust etc, so even Arc had to compensate there, where as they have an active camera.

NRS, Iā€™ve gotta say their games look fucking nice man, the amount of detail that went into the realism is insane, but to me personally while that is a massive plus, INJ2 looks the most dull to me.

But itā€™s all water under the bridge now, I just had higher hopes for Xrd, canā€™t wait to see what DBFZ looks like.

But back to the original question, what is in the 1.06 update?

Only MvCI players say ā€œI donā€™t care about graphicsā€ like itā€™s a badge of pride lol

Not a badge of pride I think but many focus too much on non important stuff just to bash something. In video games itā€™s all nice and all to have nice visuals but like someone else said, whatā€™s the point if you have awesome visuals but youā€™re boring as f***? I mean Iā€™m not too worried about mvciā€™s visuals as all that can change, worry about a game that has the best visuals but the gameplay is horrible.

Removed turnaround unblockable, assorted fixes to tag hit knockback for certain characters. Nothing huge.

Iā€™m a First Person Shooter player actually. I minor in Virtua Fighter. Itā€™s more a trait of old bastards who grew up on games that looked like dog shit.

I still have the itch to play this game, I just have so many other games vying for my attention. Latest culprit is Mario Odyssey since I finally picked up a Switch.
I also know if I ever actually start Marvel up Iā€™ll be playing for a few hours at least.

Unblockable removal is pretty huge, glad to see it gone.

Do you guys think we are going to lose a lot of players to dbfz?

More like there is already just a smaller number of dedicated people that are playing MVCI and if theyā€™re playing theyā€™ll most likely stay. Itā€™s more so just DBZF will clearly have a much larger player base, but the base that is still there for MVCI isnā€™t going anywhere. Even in its current state it still was top 3 games for entrants at NEC. Injustice couldnā€™t even beat MVCI for entrants.

From what Iā€™m getting on twitter and looking at streams, thereā€™s basically the people who are ready to play DBZ and those that donā€™t care for it and are just going to keep playing MVCI. Thereā€™s also the people that wanna play both. Marvel community is used to being smaller and still creating hype so itā€™s nothing new.

I could see the online dieing down a bit for a few weeks after dbfz launches, but tournament entrants arent really going to be affected imo

Yup, there will be a larger base for DB no doubt. Some marvel players will migrate but I doubt the ones that dedicated a lot of time to
it will stop laying it altogether. Marvel is the game that brings hype more than players. Seriously, despite their effort to ā€œlower the barā€ execution wise
MvCi is very unforgiving due to all the variations active switch throws into the mix. While the marketing and graphics could have definitely been
better I still think most of the general public would be turned way off by this game.

Maybe, but speaking as someone who also played both injustice games, initial numbers wonā€™t last if the game doesnā€™t have a deep and interesting meta.

Looking at how Dragon dashes simplify movement way too much and combos being over simplified in DBFZ, my money is on Marvel having better long term numbers.

Even as someone who grew up on DBZ and still watches DBS every week, I just canā€™t bring myself to play the game in itā€™s current state.

Iā€™m on the opposite side of the fence to be honest. I can imagine DBFZ being more of a fad, having a large amount of entrants this year, making huge sales with casuals, but the gameplay ending up stale and most people going back to their original games more seriously after Evo.

Real talk itā€™s about time we get some news on Season 2 characters, costumes, and whatever balance stuff they wanna do.

Iā€™m starting to be inclined to agree with you despite my old man inclination to say ā€œthis update shit is spoiling you sumbitches.ā€ Iā€™m hella entertained now that I have a half way decent Monster Hunter now by this game. I still think I need another character with her although my firebrand is good enuff, I almost always lose him because I fuck up an input and eat an invincible super.

Taking applications for an odd character I like with decent air options and pressure without joining the Jedah/morrigan army. Although I will try Jedah this weekend if I have time. I like to win just like everyone else. MH is serviceable enough as a favorite character to play and Jedah I think will giver her some sick conversions. Even better I can still run my space stone strats with better efficiency.

When in doubt, just play Dante man lmao

But on a serious note, I think something along the lines of Gamora, Dante, Strider, etc. goes well with her. Iā€™ve had good results using her with strider online but thatā€™s also just online.