MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Curious what team you use

i actually dont play the game outside of some really spare group sessions, so as of right now i dont have a team. when it came out i tried to hulk/nemesis but i did never really got deeper into it for various reasons.

in that particular set ā€œrematchā€ i picked sigma too and frank+soul. didnt do much with frank, soul+sigma did the most work in the first few matches. ended bad for me when we switched chars but at least that part to counter sigma itself worked out somehow due to him not being prepared for the soulstone even tho he adapted to it ā€¦but the tip was helpfull :smile:

1 Like

I just remember my cap/Morigan team didnā€™t do too well against sigma do to them not having the best heavys for neutral purposes. I mostly used soul stone for that team though and that definitely helped out

My monster hunter team on the other hand, didnā€™t have much of an issue due to her jhp

1 Like

tried her out in the session for the first time. i know she has armor but man is she slow. didnt compute well with her but at the end it counts for the whole game. i am still really curious if a new marvel version comes out and maybe this time the interest to get into it will riseā€¦lets see and wait.

no. people labored to make that, they at least should be given the respect of having what they made published and sold into market. nothing strange about that at all. whatā€™s strange is how long and nearly silent capcom has been regardless of itā€™s consumers asking what the hell has been going on for more than a year already.

Hey yaā€™ll i got something

turn on the CC. There is no english CC but youā€™ll read ā€œMarvel vs Capcom 4ā€ and ā€œApril 2019ā€. I donā€™t understand their language but you can obviously tell this is the most meaningful news we got so far.

Nah man, not happening. Never. But if it does in Iā€™m!

Thatā€™s not what news means.

1 Like

Never trust the French.

Completely unrelated but do you know one of my favorite MvC quotes of all time?

ā€œThe dream is deadā€ -Onslaught

2 Likes

I was having a discussion with someone about how well Haggar does against the rest of the castā€¦ Thoughts?

I think he gets good, consistent damage and has more utility (particularly with the barrels and command grabs) than people give him credit. My friend however, argues that he is just too slow (boring point) to get anything done with.

Compared to his Mvc3 form, I think he does well in this system given that setplay is much easier to set up.

Haggar is MUCH better here than he is in MvC3 IMO. Not only do the system mechanics benefit him much greater here, but he got some quality of life improvements as well. Barrels were a great addition. Not only makes playing Haggar manageable, but he has some really tricky armor absorbing stuff when you have them out. Thatā€™s not even considering the conversions he can get when they hit. Lariat into tag will always be deadly as well with how active it is.

Haggarā€™s interesting but he still gets beaten by a lot. The fear of wakeup lariat is there but heā€™s still slow as molasses and heā€™s not threatening enough to really worry about.

With this in mind, do you think Rocket and Haggar would be a viable team? I kind of want to play it just to make a point to my friend. Just wondering who you think really beats him? Talking like 7-3 matchups?

Ehā€¦ not really seeing Raccoon taking advantage of Haggar enough to warrant using him over someone else. Donā€™t get me wrong, in the corner, you would in a great position from how disgusting a Lariat into tag would be considering the high low setups Rocket has but, he could take that to the next level with a character who doesnā€™t suffer as much as Haggar. If you have a legit Haggar, Iā€™m sure you could make it work, but even a really good Haggar will have trouble against some of the more common characters we see i.e Dante, Ultron, Gamora,etc.

Take a look at Sacktapā€™s and KBRā€™s Haggar. If its not a conversion from a stray hit, they arenā€™t really using him that much because he gets wrecked by push blocking.Its such a chore closing the distance considering how slow he is and how bad his dash is. You could give it a try depending on your friendā€™s team. Just make sure your Rocket is on point because that might be the difference.

I got to try some of this team against my friend and found that the armor properties on one of his moves along with the pipe and barrel dhc really sort ofā€¦ just lets you be dumb? The team itself seems kind of monotonous since if you are full screen away, you are just trying to find ways of closing space with RR to set up for the big guy to get in.

My friend was playing a pretty standard Ultron/Jedah team so it seemed like sort of the perfect opportunity to test this all out. I guess the normal complaints with Haggar are there but I feel that the lariat is really a game changer for a lot of these setplay matchups. Jedah does suffer immensely from his lack of movement options and poor neutral, so locking him down with RR mines and Haggar pipe was very easy and straightforward of course. However, I think that the lariat forces a ton of respect in many matchups and I would argue it is the best meterless reversal in the game.

None of what Iā€™m talking about is really new in theory or even in the context of Marvel, but I think the archetype of the grappler controlling opponents (a theme found in SF games for sure) is very prevalent here. Forcing respect and just going ā€œdumbā€ on your opponent with this character seems so wild.

As you said, not 100% sure if RR is the best choice to help expand the understanding of the character. Suggestions?

Combo videos arenā€™t exactly a thing I do but I had this concept in my head for an Avengers dedication video so I figure I throw something together and see how I like it. May expand on this.

1 Like

Well hereā€™s a vid of cap beating the shit out of Ultron and thanos, so It seems appropriate lol.

Still one of the funniest videos i recorded because its literally a bunch of training mode stuff i practice that all ended up working in a real match all at once lol

2 Likes

I like this game.

3 Likes

Can someone explain to me how this works? The assist comes out and begins to be juggled and once it hits the ground, does it go away immediately? Or does it technically keep getting reset?

I never understand if the combo gets dropped on the assist if that means it will immediately leave the stage or it still has a recovery as a any regular tag call in the game.