MK9 | Weird Non-Cloning

So I was just in training thinking about some setups. So I thought, why don’t I do 214, e-freeze, then e-clone, 22 e-slide to get him into my clone (just for shits an giggles) then b-1 (whiff), 2, (pause) 212, slide and apparently you can’t. When you freeze someone, or ground freeze, you can’t make a clone. The only reason I can see for this is because if u were able to, it could severly damage someone as the combo I was thinking of above can’t be attained unless in a corner (I like midscreens) and even then it’s hard to pull off (but can be if u change it to 224, eslide for the first part).

Have u tried an ex clone into back throw? I was gonna use this as a setup in the corner. It doesn’t work though. When sub throws them into the clone he acts like he gets hit and falls down,lol. Think its a glitch or intended?

Yea, I tried that too and I had the same result. Either that or the opponent won’t freeze. I did the clone at a distance where Sub wouldn’t get hit but the player just went through the clone. :frowning:

Is it normal to have ice clones not work if you’re too close to someone?

Yes. Too close and the clone won’t come out.