MK9 | Was messing around w/ stryker

(back + fp), bp, bp, dash (while opponent is in the air), fp,fp, high (or enhanced high) grenade.

Not sure since there aren’t character subsections here, but maybe you’d be better off turning this into a general Stryker thread? Usually posting a whole thread for one combo is sort of frowned on, although I posted one to ask about a guide combo so who am I to say. Also what’s damage on that combo?

Maybe we should just make this a Stryker general combo thread?

Here’s a bunch from Konqrr

Original source (Combos: I got a gun and I’m not afraid to use it)

NOTE AGAIN THESE COMBOS ARE FROM KONQRR ON TYM. CREDIT PEOPLE.

Stryker:
NOTES - EX bf4 adds 3% … Jump Punch starter usually adds 3%

b122…

24% - ff, b2~bf1, ff, 3~bf1(hold), ff
25% - ff, 2~bf1, ff, 3~bf1(hold), ff
28% - ff, 12~bf1, ff, 3~bf1(hold), ff
32% - ff, b2~bf1, ff, 12~bf4
34% - ff, 2~bf1, ff, 12~bf4
36% - ff, 12~bf1, ff, 12~bf4

b2f2…

29% - ff, 12~bf1, ff, 3~bf1(hold), ff
37% - ff, 12~bf1, ff, 12~bf4

b32… <–new midscreen stuff

33% - ff, 1~bf1(E), 12~bf4
28% - ff, 1~bf1(E), 3~bf1(hold), ff

b32 (corner)…

41% - 12~bf1, 12~bf1(E), 3~bf1(hold), ff
43% - 12~bf1, 12~bf1(E), 12

b122 (corner)…

37% - 2~bf1, 12~bf1(E), 3~bf1(hold), ff
40% - u2, 2~bf1, 12~bf1(E), 3~bf1(hold), ff
41% - u2, 12~bf1, 12~bf1(E), 3~bf1(hold), ff
42% - u2, 12~bf1, 12~bf1(E), 12
43% - 2~bf1, 12~bf1(E), 12~db3

b2f2 (corner)…

39% - 12~bf1, 12~bf1(E), 3~bf1(hold), ff
40% - 12~bf1, 12~bf1(E), 12

Stryker thread

Sorry about that, should have made it a Stryker thread to begin with. I’ll try these out. Thanks for the post.

-Pat

Here is a video for one:

[media=youtube]Z0coGJoiPbY[/media]

You don’t have to EX the last move.

Stryker is a lot of fun online, especially against characters with no teleport. I did a lot of grenade lobbing yesterday, and of course had a few ppl rage quit.

That is his best midscreen bnb imo. EX roll toss is a waste. If you land his 32 overhead string just dash, 1 xx roll toss for 25%. He has some sick stuff where you can end your combo with a dash cancelled gun shot into 2 (crazy stun) to keep frame advantage. Friend just told me a nice corner combo with this on the phone, but when I went to sit down and type it out I totally forgot lol.

We really need a new Stryker thread. I suggest we call it “Stryker thread of COMBOS, STRATS, AND BRUTAL JUSTICE”. Maybe if I get some free time I’ll compile some info and make it tomorrow… unless someone beats me to it :wink:

I thought this techincally was the Stryker thread. I was gonna make one, but somebody beat me to it… kinda.

Needs better thread title, more info, and the first 3 or 4 posts reserved for updates. You should make it. I will tomorrow if I get the chance and it hasn’t been done yet.

WTF does bf mean? Back, Forward? I’d recommend using the direction emoticons to make reading these combos easier @_@
Anyways after watching Stryker’s promo vid from Netherrealms on YT, and I’m interested in learning him now; any tips for a beginner to start learning him?

Ehh, you can if you want. I don’t wanna fight you for it. Us Styker mainers gotta stick together.

IF we are making a new Stryker thread, I suggest “EXCUSE ME SIR BUT HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING” (I always hear this in my head when I land his X-Ray)

The Stryker combo I’m working on using is:

B+1, 2, 2/\ j. 1 (ground bounce), 2, B-F 1+BL, dash D+2

Easy 34% for one meter. Don’t have one ending in the combat roll, but considering that it’s easy for me to screw up the inputs I’d take a slight loss of damage for consistency.

Don’t forget about his X-Ray combos

[media=youtube]LVUiW8kL3n8[/media]
[media=youtube]4P2r0-VJzcE[/media]

Uploaded these a day ago.

TBH I don’t really like Xray combos with Stryker. I don’t really like Xray with Stryker as I think his meter should be more utilized for his combos and breakers. His EX Guns help extend his best kombo series (B+3, 2) and EX Roll helps add a significant amount of damage at the end of his combos for 1 meter.

Now im not saying that his XRay combos are useless. If you are in a situation where your opponent as 40-50% life left in a later round and you can finish them off with this then by all means do it. I just don’t see the situation occuring enough as you should be using your meter a lot more throughout matches with Stryker.

I think I agree with NissanZaxima. Stryker’s XRay may look (and sound) the most badass in the game, but it’s utility in the game gets far outclassed by EX Gun and EX Roll, especially considering the Damage/SpentMeter ratio. With a single EX Roll spent I can get 41%.

Although, I now finally have a way to combo into XRay out of b122. Who would’ve thought you could just go straight into it?

Anyway, the only combos I’ve been able to get down consistently are the following.

Midscreen, b122, gun, dash, 12, roll, then pressure on wakeup with either gun, dash-into-stick, or block (against teleporters).

Corner b32, 12, gun, 12, EX gun, (and apparently you can get even more with 12, d2 after that? Haven’t tried it yet)

I also went and forgot damage values. Been a busy day.

So, random question:

What are we, as a community, going to use for shorthand notation on Stryker’s special moves when we start describing combos?

Gun, Roll, Stick, Hi-Nade, and Lo-Nade are what come to mind for me.

We shouldn’t have to type out the move name, since it’s easier just to write down the MK shortcuts, such a bf+1, bf+3 and so on. He’s not my main character, but he’s fun for me. Still messing around with some combos. Also, since it hasn’t been talked about yet, OnlineTony213 has a bunch of stryker videos up showing a lot of his combos. Nothing new and exciting yet really, but strykers, like most mk characters, only has one or two starters, and very few combo finishers. Also, stick is a free sweep if you can guess your opponents is rolling since the can’t block low instantly after a roll.

quick question, does styker got any overhead attacks? I don’t know what to do if the person is blocking low

His b3, 2 is a two hit combo where the second hit is an overhead. That’s the only one I know of though. I just started using him yesterday lol.

yes, it seems that is the only overhead Stryker has. Its a shame really, it means stryker can’t be a top tier. I think we can do cross over jumps with a punch or go for a grab if the person is blocking low.

Back 3 into 2 is medium, crossover punch, neutral jump kick, and I feel like there is one more I am missing. Might be a string like 2,3,2 not sure.

A useless/pointless glitch I found thats a little funny to look at is in training mode, do Styrker’s throw and as soon as he pulls out his taser press Select. The taser will float around him a few times and eventually hang in the air and remain stuck on screen.

There’s also a another glitch I came across a few days ago that happened during an online match. A Jax used a medium ground punch (I believe) and I did the baton sweep (I forget if it was ex or not). But ether way, it connected and instead of Jax falling to the ground, his animation showed him lay flat in the air about eye level with stryker until he got up. I haven’t tested that out yet how ever.