MK9 | The Spear and other things

So, I’ve been fooling around with my boy Scorpion some more and noticed a very interesting phenomenon. I could be wrong, but the theory goes that if you use the spear or if you use <-BP later in a combo, the bounce isn’t as strong or high, so it’s incredibly hard to impossible to follow up with a jump kick/air throw.

Try it out for yourself.

First part:

<-BP, jumpkick/air throw

Second part:

Spear, <-bp, jumpkick/air throw

The problem with the second part is that either Scorpion doesn’t land the airthrow at all or I’m doing something incredibly wrong.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I just crazy? Also, no, I’m aware that Scorpion has a lot of corner combo potential. This example is just out in the middle, away from the corners. I can do this stuff in the corners no problem.

There are some inconsistencies in the game to remove infinites. I think they were very stupid to worry about infinites before the game was even out.

I’ve read some dumb shit on srk but this takes the cake this week.

@OP what you’re experiencing there is just the juggle scaling at work. The more hits you add to a juggle combo, the heavier your character becomes, so they fall faster.

-Dammit_rab

Thanks, man. It makes sense now.

The second one works, you just have to dash forward after the <-BP.

i can comfortably confirm that you can in fact Jump Kick->Air Throw in that circumstance. My BnB punish atm is:
FK,FK->Spear, Straight up Jump Punch, Dash, <BP, Jump Kick, Air Throw. It’s about 30% and can pull it off consistently.

heyguys just found a way to safely teleport around screen not really practical up close so please dont use there but when far away jump and when your about to hit the ground teleport and he will stop outside of uppercut range allowing instant block, x ray whatever your hearts content is. thought it would be useful hope im not too late also to kinda get the timing down in practice mode neutral jump with subs as your dummy and when your feet reach his calf muscle you should teleport safely.