MK9 | The Sonya Blade Thread

Did they take out the MS block loop?

Beastin with Sonya on XBL so far! Ermac players have no honor…

Mix-ups are crazy lol her stagger overhead is pretty cheap. She’s got some much options

She has like lots of overheads

F3 hits overhead
F2,2,3 is a string that ends with a overhead
Enhanced divekick hits 3 times, second hit is overhead
Military Stance tackle
Possibly one more…

yeah yeah, edited the post a long time ago

Please sub

Great guide! Love it!

If you don’t mind, I’d like to submit a combo. You have this listed for a combo off of jumping punch:

j.2~dive, 2,1~cartwheel, dash, b+2,1~leg grab - 39%

If you replace the B+2, 1, leg grab with B+2, 1, F+2, j.k, air throw, you end up getting 41% instead and pretty much the same wakeup position. The full combo is:

j.p, dive kick, 2, 1, cartwheel, dash, B+2, 1, F+2, j.k, air throw - 41%

Just for clarity, replace 3 with 4. F+4 is the overhead. F+3 doesn’t exist, and F+2, 2, 3 isn’t a chain but F+2, 2, 4 is.

Whats good for punishing someone in an aerial rolling state? Like after a blocked raiden superman

anybody knows how safe or unsafe Sonya’s HK is? I heard LP,LP,HK is safe on block but idk if it is positive frames on guard or it’s still negative.

@ Merkilo uppercut them with 2HP (down and triangle for PS3, or down and Y for xbox)

pretty sure every character has lag when they hit the ground from that aerial spinning thing. just wait till they land and time a b.2, 1 etc

More specifically, b+2-1 can whiff the b+2, leaving the 1 to be blocked. Instead, try for a 2-1 when they land. Follow it up with a Kartwheel, dash, b+2-1 into anything you fancy and soon they will start hesitating to throw out their random Superman/Teleport move.

They get to stop taking damage for no reason and you get a breath of fresh air. Win-win.

If the heat of the moment is too much to respond in time, just do one of those arc leap kicks (d,b+4). From that close it will always hit, and push them conveniently the hell away.

How are you guys punishing Kano’s upball? I was getting owned by it last night. I couldn’t uppercut it on block nor could I get any sort of combo going.

Kano’s upball’s recovery was lessenned to the point where online it’s almost impossible to retaliate. This was done to buff Kano because he was so unsafe, but unfortunately the best advice I can give you is to stay out of its range. Fireballs and the Arc Kick can help you keep Kano away, and crouching under his knives will force him to try to approach (hopefully with any other of his balls which are still unsafe).

Heres an easy one. It doesn’t work in the corner:

Dive kick -> hp, lp -> kartwheel -> dash -> lp, lp -> (Ex)Rings

9 hits, 33% damage, easy to execute.

I haven’t ran into that glitch. I definitely want to try that now until I recreate it.

dont think i saw this one so

j1 > 21 > kartwheel > dash > b+2 1 f+2 > 4 > leg grab (36%)

j1 > b+2 1 f+2 > nj1 > dash > 21 >kartwheel > 2 > leg grab (38%)

still trying to get a dive kick into 21 >.>

yo, anybody got advice on making dive kicks work more consistently? When i do a kick in the air then dive kick it combos, otherwise im not comboing.

You can’t hit confirm the dive you have to start inputting the rest of the combo while you are still airborne

wow, that makes a lot of sense, thanks