MK9 | The Raiden Thread - Pretty GDLK

The electrocute is the only thing thats turning me away from Raiden at the moment. I cant see to time it when hes about to let go and drop the opponent. Other than that, Raiden seems to have a lot of options for different situations.

His Superman is really strong, seems to eliminate opponents air game.

Thats one of the main reasons I wanted to stay with him. People have a strong tendency to jump forward when you jump away. Then you just elecrtic fly them before you hit the ground to catch them helpless in the air, and it even does decent damage as well as pushing them in the corner; and who doesn’t like corners! :rofl:

Hey, does anyone have suggestions for waht to do on wakeup, especially online? I find that once the lag gets to a certain point, I can’t even uppercut jumpins properly and just end up getting jump punch-> uppercut to death.

So- wakeup electric fly? wakeup teleport? what’s the deal?

When it comes to wakeups, I tend to just take the safe side and just block. I’d rather take a little chip than risk getting 30% + from my health bar. I’m not saying those are bad options, but the element of suprise is nice when you use them sparringly.

If my opponent is on the move, I try to spam wakeup superman. The meter build-up is too good to pass up when you do a wakeup move.

I’m pretty noob at this game and fighting games in general, but holy crap this combo is hard to pull off. I’m having trouble getting the second 334 consistent, let alone the 1212 after it.

Is there any trick to getting the moves to come out? It always seems like I either try to dial too much in and it overrides an earlier hit, or I wait too long and they drop too far.

Are you talking about specials or normals?

I practiced it for a half hour and it’s getting better, I’m just terrible at timing the 334, 1, 334, 1212. Most of the time I try to start it too fast and I only end up getting a single 4, or a single 2. Trying to electrocute straight after teleporting is probably going to make me break a controller some day, though.

On another note, getting this combo down will give me a corner combo, and a teleport turns it into a mid combo. Is there anything else I should be practicing before PSN gets back up?

SWEEPS. Sweeping is so important to learn in this game. It gets them in a bad habit of blacking low, so your overhead combo will hit more often.

When you are attempting lk,lk,hk>teleport>electricute… Input lk,lk,hk,teleport immediately don’t wait to teleport even if you are still kicking because the teleport can be buffeted with the lk lk hk and then wait till the teleport starts and then input the electorate real fast

Tom Brady mentioned that tp into electrocute wasn’t particularly hard on a stream today, so I spent an hour in practice mode working on it, and it’s still inconsistent. I’m either missing something, or he’s just a super pro raiden.

I have gotten better though. I’ve noticed if you try to aim the electrocute to hit when their head is in your chest/neck area, it works most of the time. Also, during the electrocute if you watch their feet, you can time your kick for when the feet start moving backwards the second time.

I think when timing the electrocute you need to press the button to finish the move as soon as raiden is done teleporting. I can do it pretty well, but i spent a couple hours in training trying to get good at it.

So what are your guys opinions on Raidens alternate outfit? I think its one of the best in the game.

For those of you having a problem getting an electrocute after a teleport, try comboing a front punch into an electrocute after the teleport. The timing is much easier and adds an extra hit. Wait until Raiden is done teleporting and just press the front punch button and immediately follow with electrocute input.

Is there any low hitting combos that can lead to some decent damage? My bnb’s execution is pretty good, its just that other than mixing in the sweep here and there I have no real high low pressure game. Any tips are welcome.

Nope, no real high/low mixup with raiden. You shouldn’t really need the lows, since you have the threat of frame advantage/ tp grab shenanigans, and sweeps.

I’m finding double tapping to help keep them from dropping out the shocker. Not mashing bc then you mess up the rest of the combo. So they way I like to think of it is adding a second button press to the combo. Might help, might not.

bnb I use-

jp-334-tele/shocker-334-superman. once you get the shocker after the tele then its a cool 40% combo.

I find using f+2 after the TP an easier way to land the shocker, just in case anyone is struggling with that part.

Who is the best counter pick for raiden ?

thanks for this