MK9 | The Ermac "We are many, you are but one." Thread

These are some of the best combos ive seen for him so far

[media=youtube]fq54gDSOmCE[/media]

There’s two COMBOS in this vid i never saw before but i’m really digging ermac. very satisfying when landing hits with him

^^indeed

can you transkript them here? this video is not available in my country says fuckin youtube!

Here’s a video of me experimenting around with Ermac, he has a lot of zoning potential and his force grab if time right can be used as a decent anti air

[media=youtube]hOPc-iVa3gY[/media]

anyone else notice that ermac’s bnb do a lot of damage

i think thats Ermac dmg limit right now
46 % meter less
[media=youtube]kRr_dkYGelw[/media]

This one is for Matt “the Brownsville legend”. Only character I used in this game so far haha. No one else matters!!!

[media=youtube]GxvdSmDI9dk&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

[media=youtube]dn3Nv1RQU8c&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

49… slowly but surely !!!

Hello,

Very new MK player here. Can someone explain what the numbers stands for? Thanks a lot!

TO 100 WE SHALL GO! Okay…maybe 55 if we’re lucky…

haha yeah the damage output on his combos is odd. You really cant do much more damage then ending it with 2 2 force push thing. I am sure that will be replaced soon enough though. Its early yet for this game. you can end combos with another jump kick teleport. If you have already done 1 jump kick teleport in a combo the second one knocks them to the floor quicker with you landing on top of them on their wakeup. This allows you to keep the pressure on but watch for the wake up moves obviously.

ermac is awesome

Fucking around in trainingmode got me to 47%

gonna practise your combos to.

The thing with Ermac is…I kinda don’t want to keep pressure on because he doesn’t have that many great rushdown tools, and very few that will open a person up. He’s more of a zoner and waiting for a mistake to punish for insanely hefty damage.

1 = FP
2 = BP
3 = FK
4 = BK

So say a simple Ermac combo is b112 force grab walk up 22 force push
It would look like this in the game Back+FP FP BP Force Grab Walk up BP BP Force Push

The number notion is pretty weird, I’ll agree on that and it takes a bit to get use to. But it’s way easier to read in the long run.

Thanks a lot Stuart,

This is really helpful!

I read in a different thread that the button abbreviation notation was the “standard” used in the competitive community, but I’ve been seeing videos and posts with the number notation a lot. Are the numbers actually the standard?.. I always dislike number notation for any game, I don’t know why my brain is just better with letters than numbers for control notation I guess… it gets much harder when there isn’t a standard and everyone is posting stuff in different notation : /

I feel Ermac is probably one of the best all around characters, it looks like he has the potential to pressure, zone and he has some damaging punishes.

Does anyone know Ermac’s good and bad match up with the other characters?

its all about that Ermac!!! thanks for that

i just put this vid up on youtube. He can cancel his hoverslam!! not sure if this is old news though. trying to find different ways to use it in real match situations though

[media=youtube]iOKKoBKu3DE&feature=channel_video_title"[/media]

Didnt know about the hover cancel, nice one.

I discovered some meterless combos that aren’t quite the most damaging, but do a good amount.

[media=youtube]n7wQMq06Eco[/media] - 38% Meterless combo; you can tack on EX Force Push instead of regular Force Push for 41%, or X-ray after QCB + BK for 53% (essentially listed in the video description).

[media=youtube]M_0f2pJgr2U[/media] - 34% Meterless combo.