MK9 | Strategies: Reptile

I’ve already created this into another site and I’d really appreciate it if people wouldn’t copy my work as I’ve spent hours into creating this work fro researching and finding everything I can about Reptile’s use, in practice and online.

From today of, I will be posting MK9 Strategies that will explain the best ways to use that character and their best kombo.
I have researched and practised with these characters so I will know the positive ways of using them.

Reptile:
1-X 2-Y 3-A 4-B
D-Down U-Up B-Back F-Forward NJP-Neutral Jump Punch (UP 1+2)

He is a jack-of-all trades.

Using slide too much is unsafe.

D4+Acid Hand (DB Y) is a good mixup, as it’ll hit them if they block low or high, and acid hand can be quite effective.

Elbow dash (B F Y) is really useful, especially in kombos, and is good for a use of dash. Also, blocking straight after can be extremely useful against zoners or incoming attacks.

Best start-up kombos are 122 and 321 or 32. F3 then 1+2 can be quite damaging as well, doing 17% damage.
Highest kombo damage so far is 50% damage, using a few enhances.

X-Ray is pretty useful, as it dodges past projectiles and rushes to the opponent. Therefore, best to use it while they’re about to shoot at you, then you can rush like a tank and they’ll break up.

Invisibility is considered useless by many, but it certainly has it’s uses:

1. If a projectile is incoming, then quickly turning invisible can dodge the ataack easily. Think of it as you’re turning into a ghost; but it only works in that instant.
  2. Enhanced, it increases damage and renders the user entirely unseen, even to the player.
  3. If you’re good, you can use the confusion to your advantage in a few cases, such as the fact they don’t know where you’re attacking and mix-ups are incredibly effectual in this case and perhaps a nice kombo can add to the recipe of ‘whoop-ass’.

Reptile is versatile, yet he doesn’t teleport so that’s a shame. Though he has a real good use of projectiles and can differ in speed.
He is sometimes reffered as the pop-up king for his forceballs, both useful in their speed differences. The spit is real fast and is good for zoning an enemy out.

This is his most powerful kombo, leading to a whopping 50+% damage, as far as I have concluded anyway.
3, 2, 1, elbow dash, njp, EX Acid Hand, dash 3, 2, EX Fast force ball,
3, 2, Slow force ball, 3,2,1, EX Slide
50+% damage. This combo is pretty difficult to do, but does high
damage. EX acid hand and EX fast forceball are required. EX slide is
not and I would not use it. After EX acid hand you have to dash in
order to finish the rest of the combo. If you are too slow, you
will whiff the 3, 2 part. If you are too fast the 2 or forceball
might miss. Just be careful and use it wisely, as it’s really powerful.

Forget what people say about your use of Reptile.
If they don’t like the way you play, and hate you sliding a lot then they’re the ones being sore losers, and aren’t worth playing against except for thrashing their sorry butts. The best result at the end of the day is you’re victorious, and style is just a bonus. Not many players tend to use Reptile so it’s harder for them to study you, and you tend to stand out.
More notes coming soon…eful against zoners or incoming attacks.

Best start-up kombos are 122 and 321 or 32. F3 then 1+2 can be quite damaging as well, doing 17% damage.
Highest kombo damage so far is 50% damage, using a few enhances.

X-Ray is pretty useful, as it dodges past projectiles and rushes to the opponent. Therefore, best to use it while they’re about to shoot at you, then you can rush like a tank and they’ll break up.

Invisibility is considered useless by many, but it certainly has it’s uses:

1. If a projectile is incoming, then quickly turning invisible can dodge the ataack easily. Think of it as you’re turning into a ghost; but it only works in that instant.
  2. Enhanced, it increases damage and renders the user entirely unseen, even to the player.
  3. If you’re good, you can use the confusion to your advantage in a few cases, such as the fact they don’t know where you’re attacking and mix-ups are incredibly effectual in this case and perhaps a nice kombo can add to the recipe of ‘whoop-ass’.

Reptile is versatile, yet he doesn’t teleport so that’s a shame. Though he has a real good use of projectiles and can differ in speed.
He is sometimes reffered as the pop-up king for his forceballs, both useful in their speed differences. The spit is real fast and is good for zoning an enemy out.

This is his most powerful kombo, leading to a whopping 50+% damage, as far as I have concluded anyway.
3, 2, 1, elbow dash, njp, EX Acid Hand, dash 3, 2, EX Fast force ball,
3, 2, Slow force ball, 3,2,1, EX Slide
50+% damage. This combo is pretty difficult to do, but does high
damage. EX acid hand and EX fast forceball are required. EX slide is
not and I would not use it. After EX acid hand you have to dash in
order to finish the rest of the combo. If you are too slow, you
will whiff the 3, 2 part. If you are too fast the 2 or forceball
might miss. Just be careful and use it wisely, as it’s really powerful.

Forget what people say about your use of Reptile.
If they don’t like the way you play, and hate you sliding a lot then they’re the ones being sore losers, and aren’t worth playing against except for thrashing their sorry butts. The best result at the end of the day is you’re victorious, and style is just a bonus. Not many players tend to use Reptile so it’s harder for them to study you, and you tend to stand out.
More notes coming soon…

This work belongs to the author and can only be used by the permission of the user. Please do not attempt to copy or you may be charged by the Data Protection Act. If given permission, you may only use it on this site or any others stated otherwise.