MK9 | Spammers. How to beat?

I’ve been playing this guy who always spams the kitana fan throw non stop.
I dont have enough time to teleport or anything.
What would you do in my situation?

for ground fans you can simply just crouch them, don’t need to block because the block stance ends up raising your hit box by a little and you end up taking chip damage from the ground fans. Normally if they are throwing kitana ground fans, i would just walk up and crouch them and slowly ease in until you get into mid -range with ermac. In situations if they are throwing air fans, you can attempt to dash in and force push. (maybe force lift to punish with bnb combos).

You might be able to jump and teleport to catch her air fan, but you have to predict the fan.

yea thats exactly what I was trying to do but the guy was pretty good so he would still rape me when I got close lol.

To deal with spammers, I’m starting to just spam my own fire balls or I try to constantly put pressure and be very aggressive. (Especially vs Noob Saibot)

For ground/standing level spammers I find Ermac’s slam (D,D,U) catches them off guard. If you hold block, you stay in the air until you release, so you can time the drop after the projectile passes underneath. Just don’t get caught on the way up. Follow up with your own projectile or teleport and press the action. Force push has about mid screen range and you can pull it off fast, block the fans and force push, then dash in twice and try jumping in with a combo opener.

If you constantly run into spammers, try Smoke out. His projectile counter is quick to pull off (I land it without people having a clue sometimes) and it’s unblockable. Hit them with it a few times in a row and their projectile spam game goes out the window. Then you press your own spam with his smoke cloud, followed with a drop kick + air throw for good measure. When the spammer starts jumping to avoid your spam, you lead them into an air teleport punch.

Food for thought!