MK9 | Some amazing Reptile mix up

I’ve come to the realization that Reptile jumping distance or farther away is an amazing thing. He’s got a mix up that’s outstanding. I just have a few combos, nothing really that hasn’t been covered already, mainly just a mix match of what options he has, since most of his specials can really be put in any place in the combos.
I normally use these:

1221 is basic, but it a great overhead, and can lead into some good combos, like an immediate force ball after 122 and so on.

122-Slide is an incredible mix up, mainly due to having an overhead and a low in the same string. Nothing really to do after it, and only puts them sweep away, but if you’re desperate, you can ex the slide, and it puts them jump away.

122-AcidFist is another incredible mix up, mainly if used with 122-Slide, because they’ll get used to overhead, low, and you can mix it up with overhead, overhead. Will put them jump away, no real combo after unless using ex-acidfist.

Another amazing mix up when starting jump or farther:
SlowforceballEX-ElbowDash-122-Slide It uses a meter, but it really provides pressure while you can rush up, and go into the overhead/slide, and will really just give you the field. (will not work on a teleporting character)

(optional jump in 2, with jump in does 36%, w/o does 33%) 122-FastForceBall-32-SlowForceBall-32-AcidHand to put them jump distance sets up either a good jump in combo, forceballs, slide or elbow. Lotta options. You also need to have quick timing and land the 32 at the top of the hitbox range for it to actually land the acid hand, but it does net more damage than a slide, and also gets them away from you. This is completely meter-less also. Using an ex-acid hand doesn’t put them high enough to get anything of real use besides slide, which does 36%, but i personally don’t feel it warrants the meter, unless you really just want the little extra damage.

Only real thing to worry about with any of this is maybe a teleport character, and even then, you can just ElbowDash or Slide to get where you need to be.

Reptiles basic combos have awesome Hi, Low, Medium mixup. I finally realized today that Acid Fist or whatever it’s called is a medium/overhead attack, so if you end up starting a combo on a opponent who’s duck blocking, you can easily cancel into it and hit them.

Slow Forceball > EX Elbow Dash > 1,2,2 > Slide

Is this one combo? If so, where should I start from with the Forceball and when exactly should I use the EX Elbow Dash?

Sorry, I’m new.

It’s cool. There is no reason to use an EX Elbow Dash if the first forceball hits. The only real reason to ever use an EX Elbow Dash is if you desperatly need to get onto the otherside of someone, and can’t (ex. someone has you pinned in a corner and is being very aggressive about it.) You don’t ever need to use one in a combo. Also, adding an elbow dash to that combo will basically just make the combo harder, with no added damage. Putting an elbow dash in that combo would be pointless. That combo should probably look more like these 2(depending on how close):

Jumping/Sweep Distance: FastForceBall - SlowForceball - 3,2,1 - Slide which nets 28% damage.
Sweep/Touching: FastForceBall - 3,2 - SlowForceBall - 3,2,1 - Slide which is 31% damage.

Now, if you want an ElbowDash combo to pick up and try learning, here is probably the easiest ones to start at.
3,2,1 - ElbowDash - 3,2,1 - Slide which will get 30% damage.
3,2,1 - ElbowDash, - 3,2 - FastForceBall - 3,2,1 - Slide will get 38% damage.
Only real tip for elbow dash combos that i can give, is that the elbow dash ends a lot sooner than it looks, so it’ll just take some practice for the timing.

I don’t know about not using elbow dash in combos. Yeah, your punish BnB shouldn’t have it in it, but there’s strange mixups involving it. For instance, using 1221 F+2, B, F+2 on a cornered opponent causes the elbow dash to whiff and creates a reset. There was also this really weird thing happening when I did it, where sometimes Reptile would start on the left of the cornered opponent and after the elbow dash he would appear on the right (in the corner), but as soon as the opponent would stand up Reptile would “rubberband” back to the left side with his opponent still in the corner. If I can get this to happen reliably, it’s sweet because the opponent has to be aware of it, and mirror their wakeup move in order for it to come out. Now whether this reset is better than one big pure corner combo damage-wise is up for debate.

Also, for any combo involving the acid fist consider using the EX acid fist. It pops the opponent up in the air higher than any other of Reptile’s moves, except possibly a perfectly placed force ball on a jumping opponent.

You might have read that wrong, i said that there is no reason to use an EX Elbow Dash in a combo. Literally, it’s pointless, it’s just a waste of meter. Using a normal ElbowDash is what you need to be using in combo.

Yeah, I did miss the EX part. But you know, generally there’s better damaging things to end a combo with, especially since the elbow dash requires a grounded opponent to connect. Unless your using it for mobility or mixups like I said.